Global warming

I dont have all the answers but I do know injecting a slurry of chemicals into rock & its deep ground water to squeeze dinosaur juice out of the ground is a pretty outdated way of pushing a car around. If a battery can work in the vacuum of space we can get one to work on the back forty in winter at home. Im kind of a fan of hydrogen and fusion myself.... its time those crusty old crooks pulling our puppet strings get the curtains lifted up on themselves. Wanna see some sparks!!!! ask one of your local frack sand pits what they are doing with their heavy metal tailings - concentrated metals out of their wash facilities - better yet if they are making sand for glass... that stuffs gotta be real clean.

Yeah another possible statement: “No extraction or wealth source should be restrained in the name of environmental concerns” (so if you don’t support Keystone you must be an idiot!)... or you might say “We should make some consideration of environmental degradation balanced against never ending human expansion and wants.” Once you start to suspect there might be some truth to the second statement, the issues get a little more complicated!

Edit: and a big battery can also be a ten million pound sled you roll up a hill when the winds blowing and the suns shining.

It’s possible to have manufacturing costs and maintenance costs on a system, and still have that system be less carbon emitting / polluting than other systems, per energy unit delivered over its lifespan.

If decarbonization was shown to put inches on antlers, it would probably get a lot more support from outdoors people.

Plastic bottles were going to save the planet(earth) because you could recycle those and eliminate pollution---That didn't work so good. They forgot to factor in the human laziness into the equation. Missed the garbage can, oh well.

It’s possible to have manufacturing costs and maintenance costs on a system, and still have that system be less carbon emitting / polluting than other systems, per energy unit delivered over its lifespan.
maybe, but I'm pretty sure windmills ain't one of the possibilities.

maybe, but I'm pretty sure windmills ain't one of the possibilities.

Wind is 90x ‘all in’ less carbon emitting than coal, with the average turbine offsetting its manufacturing costs in the first six months. If you have other data, I ain’t married to this, but any research I’ve read is in this ballpark.

We need to build a backup "SUN" cause when the one we have stops working it will cool off a little bit on our planet(earth).

Wind is 90x ‘all in’ less carbon emitting than coal, with the average turbine offsetting its manufacturing costs in the first six months. If you have other data, I ain’t married to this, but any research I’ve read is in this ballpark.
I may stand corrected, the payback is a lot quicker than I anticipated.

I was visiting relatives in southern minnesota and saw all the wind turbines so i asked them what they thought. Not a one had anything good to say about wind power. Sounds like it costs a lot more for electricity if a windmill was involved. Sorry i don't have any specifics. I do recall one complaint was that the things were constantly breaking down.

How much of the return is through TAX PAYER subsidies?

And I got the 20 year life span from the crew chief who was in charge of the installation of 100’s of the ugly things outside of Kirksville, MO. We caught a flight together to St. Louis.
His estimation, 20 years if they maintained them.

I’m not saying we won’t become extinct, we just won’t kill the planet. Ask the dinosaurs..

Also talked with a couple guys that would do service on the windmills---when they do oil changes on them they just remove the drain and let it run all over the ground. Still uses oil and not careful about polluting when doing maintenance.

Reactions: ATP
Also talked with a couple guys that would do service on the windmills---when they do oil changes on them they just remove the drain and let it run all over the ground. Still uses oil and not careful about polluting when doing maintenance.
I heard the big ones hold four or five hundred gallons.

How much of the return is through TAX PAYER subsidies?

None because nothing in the statement has anything to do with who’s paying for it, it’s a statement about energy and resource investment in a turbine (and carbon dioxide generated throughout) vs how much energy that turbine extracts from the wind.

I’m not saying we won’t become extinct, we just won’t kill the planet. Ask the dinosaurs..

This we agree on.

Just some folks think it’s worth attempting to not go extinct, taking most other species with us.