Do you remember it being colder

Carbon graph over same period.
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3752.jpeg
Doesn’t look quite as dramatic now does it. Even in second one the dramatic part at end is t real. It’s estimated. Ha

Only man made thing I have found to be true is we put more carbon in air than we did 500 years ago. That’s it. And it’s a very very small amount compared to what nature did numerous times over the years. And way less than the huge life explosions on our planet during the warm periods seen above.

Fossil fuels will run out, and we will eventually switch to renewables, and people will look back at this hysteria about like we look at y2k. IMO.

lolololol. I can make stuff look however I want if I mess around with the scale bar in different parts of the plot. Try plotting it on a standard log linear scale and see what it looks like then. Hysterical - not to be dismissive, but this is the sort of thing that turns my crank. I review LOTS of manuscripts, and the only part of the conclusion here I agree with is that it starts with, "Doesn't LOOK quite as dramatic..."

"Earth’s temperature has risen by an average of 0.11° Fahrenheit (0.06° Celsius) per decade since 1850, or about 2° F in total."

I haven't read this whole thread but this statement jumped out to me.

1850 is the year they say the "Little Ice Age" ended. That lasted from about 1300 to 1850. I would assume that temperatures would tend to get warmer after a "Little Ice Age".
550 years. I'd also assume it may take a while to get back to "normal ".

I question the ability to accurately measure the temps in the 1850's, too.
I have a metrology laboratory and monitor the temp and humidity. My monitor isn't exactly cheap and it's stated accuracy is +/-0.8 deg F. That's inside a lab!

I don't buy the narrative that some warming is a bad thing, especially when the only way to fix it is for all of us to become Marxists.

We are coming out of an ice age. Of course it’s rising.
I just want to make it clear that at no point in this thread have I stated why, in my opinion, the temperature is rising.
I am like dawg in the fact that it piques my curiosity and is something that is clearly evident and noticeable over the past 25 years.

Would go to Saskatchewan annually to hunt snow geese since turning 18. We eventually had to keep shifting our dates later and later to catch the migration in the right window. Some years of course it didn't work out with an early freeze, but more often than not the later dates put you right in the chips.

lolololol. I can make stuff look however I want if I mess around with the scale bar in different parts of the plot. Try plotting it on a standard log linear scale and see what it looks like then. Hysterical - not to be dismissive, but this is the sort of thing that turns my crank. I review LOTS of manuscripts, and the only part of the conclusion here I agree with is that it starts with, "Doesn't LOOK quite as dramatic..."
What?

Well. I’m just going to say if things get bad and the family is hungry I’ll shoot a button buck. :(

And I can’t believe in the short life I’ve lived scientists predicted I was going to freeze to death and now they say I’m going to be drowned because I live on the coast.

Their wrong….
I’ll die of bad choices 😉

I can also remember in the 70’s that we were headed back into an ice age. That didn’t happen, so “they” dreamed up other scary agendas.

I will admit this winter has been warmer then I can remember, but if you can find a weather channel that will post the jet stream, you will see why. But they no longer show the jet stream. Last winter we had record snow fall, the year before one of the coldest winters in 50 years. Are temps trending warmer world wide? No clue, I can only compare what my memory tells me of the area I am in, and go off of the news that has an agenda.

I use to race snowmobiles in the late 70’s early 80’s in MN, many events were canceled because of no snow from December through February. So the lack of snow, and warmups aren’t new like the news make you believe.

But for those of you who are overly concerned of the drastic .11 degree warm up per decade on average in the last 150 years, do you not have more important things to be worried about in your life?

If we all drove Priuses and Teslas, and stopped raising cows so they can’t fart, would the drastic warm up of .011 per year be less? If you think so, can you prove it?

I remember when it was colder. I was born in 1947. I also remember when it was hotter, then colder, then hotter again. The winters in the early to mid 80s had the ground frozen a foot deep in East Texas, that’s really cold for here. Last year and year before we had really hot summers, even for Texas. The winter of 21/22 was colder than a well digger’s ass, then the summer was fairly mild. I don’t think you can predict off of those wild swings. It is what it is.