G&H Farms

Nice Buck! Congrats to her.

Yeah! Nice smile

Oh, good deer too

That's just beautiful!

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

Our g&f dept is now offering 75% cost share on a variety of hog traps. One of the requested pieces of information is a picture of hog damage. Bottom pic is last year this time and top pic is today. Hog damage pictures are not a problem.

I love shooting hogs and making sausage, but I'm sure glad I don't have any on my places!

IMG_0118.jpeg

Put out some corn a couple days ago to see if I could bait some up. This one showed up yesterday afternoon and again this afternoon. I will probably give him a try tomorrow. Be a treat to shoot one in the daylight. Not exactly a great eater

View attachment 61214

Put out some corn a couple days ago to see if I could bait some up. This one showed up yesterday afternoon and again this afternoon. I will probably give him a try tomorrow. Be a treat to shoot one in the daylight. Not exactly a great eater
Confused by what you said. How do you know which are "great eaters"???.

Confused by what you said. How do you know which are "great eaters"???.
This is a 150 to 175 lb boar. He has not been cut/castrated. Best pigs, in my opinion, are gilts - young, unbred females but they dont carry much meat. 80 to 100 lb pigs probably best size. Next would be bigger sows that are not drug down from having young or obviously pregnant. This boar is a sausage hog. Bigger boars can be good eating if they have been castrated previously - barr hogs

IMG_1147.jpeg
IMG_1146.jpeg
First hog I have killed on my place in maybe eight months. They have been no shows up until the last month. Couldnt get a shot at the others as the grass in the food plot is too tall to see them running off