Franklin Cider Apple tree

Dang, hate to see that chummer. I've got three on M111 that I am putting out this fall.

Sorry to hear this Chummer. How a tree is apparently disease resistant in one locale and not another is a mystery but apparently so. Your Franklin trees had such great growth on them and excellent form as well.
Our properties are close enough that I would expect similar results here. This is a good example, we really need a compilation of reviews by forum members on all of these newish trees coming out so that we can avoid planting and growing trees for a year or even a few years only to find out the variety may not Stand up to our area growing conditions.

Sorry to hear this Chummer. How a tree is apparently disease resistant in one locale and not another is a mystery but apparently so. Your Franklin trees had such great growth on them and excellent form as well.
Our properties are close enough that I would expect similar results here. This is a good example, we really need a compilation of reviews by forum members on all of these newish trees coming out so that we can avoid planting and growing trees for a year or even a few years only to find out the variety may not Stand up to our area growing conditions.
The more I learn the less I know. I think I have to stick to local trees. I have a lot of 5-7 year old trees still waiting on their first blossoms. I think I am going to be very disappointed after waiting all these years. The problem is trees like liberty and enterprise don’t survive here.

The more I learn the less I know. I think I have to stick to local trees. I have a lot of 5-7 year old trees still waiting on their first blossoms. I think I am going to be very disappointed after waiting all these years. The problem is trees like liberty and enterprise don’t survive here.

Your acres of diamonds is likely disguised as the tree happily growing on your property you call Centerfield Tree. Having superior tasting apples is a bonus but when you have the only stand of trees holding from Nov. 15 thru March, taste becomes irrelevant within reason.

Your acres of diamonds is likely disguised as the tree happily growing on your property you call Centerfield Tree. Having superior tasting apples is a bonus but when you have the only stand of trees holding from Nov. 15 thru March, taste becomes irrelevant within reason.
Centerfield got a touch of FB this year on one branch. First time I have ever seen it on that tree. Despite that the tree is loaded and looks as good as ever. Some of my grafts are pushing 5 feet so I think they are in the clear.

Cut the FB sections out. Prune well below the affected (brown) limbs so you get all the infected wood off the tree. BURN those limbs you cut off!!! If you only see FB every 3 years or so, the Franklins may grow enough so that only some new shoots will be hit - and the trees will be strong enough to survive the hit. I say that as I used to have a large pear tree in our back yard that would get FB on just some new shoot tips - but it didn't harm the tree overall. Let those Franklins get some wood on them & get bigger. They may be able to withstand FB in the long run.