First velvet of the year

davidhelmly

5 year old buck +
I was at my lease Friday helping a fellow pick up some box blinds that I had sold him and couldn't help but check a camera that I had put on a clover plot a few days before. I thought it may be too early to see and horn growth yet but was excited to see I was wrong, you've got to look close but there is the beginning of a rack on this guy's head!41397734832_4f77e01b98_k.jpg41397734622_5b079100fa_k.jpg26569052247_906ee25a0e_o.jpg26569051957_f32676326d_k.jpg

Always great to see, nice looking clover!

Always great to see, nice looking clover!
Thanks, we warmed up early this year and have gotten some timely rains and the clover is loving it!!

Wow, I know you guys are ready for the snow to be gone and spring to arrive!!

I saw this thread yesterday and went home and pulled cards from the cams. I wasn't terribly surprised you had growth coming in down in Georgia, but I was really shocked to have a video of 3 bucks in MN in a foot of snow with about 1.5" of new antler growth on them.:emoji_astonished:

I saw this thread yesterday and went home and pulled cards from the cams. I wasn't terribly surprised you had growth coming in down in Georgia, but I was really shocked to have a video of 3 bucks in MN in a foot of snow with about 1.5" of new antler growth on them.:emoji_astonished:
Awesome, post them up, I would love to see them.

Ditto. ^^^

I tried, but I suck at posting videos. I'll try again tonight when I get home. if I had still pics I'd have them up by now.

I tried, but I suck at posting videos. I'll try again tonight when I get home. if I had still pics I'd have them up by now.
Lol I’m still learning on this site, definitely not the same as I’m use to!

I had a couple starting to grow on camera this last check

I had a couple starting to grow on camera this last check

He’s looking good! I haven’t been back to check my cameras in a couple of weeks and won’t be able to for another week or two and it’s killing me!!

Spotted a bachelor group of 3 young bucks feeding on clover and pecan leaves behind my house this morning.

Of the 3, this one definitely is the dominant one.

IMG_3135.JPG

Split ear buck below is the same one as the one to the outer right in the picture above. Doesn't look like he'll have quite as much mass as the first buck above, but he's still young -- I'm almost certain he's just shy of 2 years old and he somehow managed to sport a spindly basket 8 pt rack last year. Bone growth aside, what I wouldn't give for all deer to be as easily recognizable!

IMG_3144.JPG

Interesting video of the same 2 bucks captured in early April before either showed horn growth. Think it's the first video I've captured of two bucks scent checking each other's shed spots.

Spotted a bachelor group of 3 young bucks feeding on clover and pecan leaves behind my house this morning.

Of the 3, this one definitely is the dominant one.

View attachment 18100

Split ear buck below is the same one as the one to the outer right in the picture above. Doesn't look like he'll have quite as much mass as the first buck above, but he's still young -- I'm almost certain he's just shy of 2 years old and he somehow managed to sport a spindly basket 8 pt rack last year. Bone growth aside, what I wouldn't give for all deer to be as easily recognizable!

View attachment 18101
Great pics and video bb, I love all the green.

From this weekends card pull:
cd2ae591d81eef470421c4a32c1754f8.jpg
ad27ee2cdfda0acc343bc3c1fffc5542.jpg
c4fcdd6d93a6722eed270d299137ca31.jpg
7767aeaf62ff0b9a876eee5054489ab7.jpg
cd4ecb5c87039650f263e16e168da466.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It looks like your trees are not the only thing growing faster than stuff around here...^^^^