first shed of year

Found this deadhead in a CRP field/creekbottom, could see it lying there from about 65 yards away. I thought someone left a small elk rack in there goffing around!

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 56
Jeez, thats a whopper

Head for the farm in the AM. Hopefully the neighbor kid didn’t pinch all my sheds again. :)

My crew scrounged up 3 after school once this week. Nothing to write home about, but booners to them. I always thought any shed that isn't chewed is a trophy. We got 1 trophy that day.

20190319_165043.jpg

Youngest son was out yesterday with a buddy and found a nice dead head.

6XxSSFk.jpg

REhrW3Z.jpg

Dang that's a nice buck. Wonder what took him down. Neighbor kid found one our mature bucks dead, too.

Dang that's a nice buck. Wonder what took him down. Neighbor kid found one our mature bucks dead, too.

They looked the hide over good and think it was gut shot, sons friend had the buck on trail cam a few times it was on his property. They texted the GW and sent him pics and a video and he wrote them a salvage tag for the rack and texted that back to them. Sons buddy is going to do a Euro mount with it.

The coyotes made good use of the deer, my son said he could see the rack sticking up 100 yards away.
OyvLwmh.jpg

Driving in a few fence posts with the neighbor today and we found this 1 with the tire. Probably 3" of the g3 is still in there. Ouch.

20190403_102305.jpg

Driving in a few fence posts with the neighbor today and we found this 1 with the tire. Probably 3" of the g3 is still in there. Ouch.

View attachment 23527

Had the exact same thing happen years ago while planting corn. Planter started pulling a little sideways from an inside flat, I got out and checked and half a basket eight was sticking in it. I still have that little shed with the coulter marks in it.

Yeah that's not the way you want to find them that's for sure. We've flattened a few tires over the years, thankfully not any really expensive ones since I've been around. We ran a few dead carcasses into the corn head too. One time a pretty good sized antler actually spit out the back of the combine in relatively good shape. I have no idea how that's possible, but I now know that it is.