Fimco sprayer pump replacement

Along these same lines......when using my Fimco 25 on Sunday......I had a problem with the pump not turning "on" when using the inline switch that goes to the battery. Was kinda frustrating....as it would work at times....then not. All the electrical connections seemed good....and the in-line switch seemed to work. Could this be a faulty pressure switch? (hope I'm not hijacking here)
Come on foggy where are your redneck repair skills? Mine was doing the same thing and rather than disassemble it and repair the problem the "right" way, I just folded the wires over the back of the switch until a good contact was made and the pump stayed on. Then I secured it in that position with a couple small zip ties :cool:

I purchased a wireless switch that is on my key ring on the four wheeler. Much easier to turn off sprayer. Bypass all other switches, only one spot for problems.

I have the same pump as in the picture above. Mine now is giving me trouble. It will pump up to 60 PSI and shut off automatically, but when you pull the trigger on the wand, it goes to zero psi and won't spray. Then you let go of the trigger and it pumps back up to 60 PSI and shuts off. Any thoughts?
Do you have the valve open to the right line?

I've been very unhappy with the fimco sprayer pumps for my 25 gal sprayer. (3) Three pump replacements in 4 years of ownership. Replacing with a shurflo next time!!! My 15 gal sprayer with a surflo pump is still working fine after 10+ years.

Yep! Was using it when it started not to work.
I used to always assume the worst when something stopped working but 9 out of 10 times it was the easiest fix. Check screens to see if some debris plugged and take wand off to see if it still pumps. Remove pressure switch and reseat diaphragm. Stuff like that

Come on foggy where are your redneck repair skills? Mine was doing the same thing and rather than disassemble it and repair the problem the "right" way, I just folded the wires over the back of the switch until a good contact was made and the pump stayed on. Then I secured it in that position with a couple small zip ties :cool:
Quite ingenious Bueller. So far, I have just banged the switch on my rack and swore at it till it worked. I may have to take more drastic actions soon. ;)