field glasses

TreeDaddy

5 year old buck +
Im sure this has been covered and archived somewhere,but......

What field glasses/binoculars do you fellas use/recommend?

I have some 10 x 42 bushnells and am looking to upgrade

thanks

bill

I like 10 x 42 for power and objective, bow hunting. If you do some longer range stuff, more power is necessary. In general, buy the most expensive glass you can afford, there is a difference. There is good bargain binos and bad bargain binos, but not many great bargain binos. What is your price point, with that, someone could recommend something.

thanks

bill

What is your budget? What is the terrain you are looking into at what distances? Remember heat at distances can distort.

Good glass whether it is about binoculars or scopes is all about quality of glass production and removing impurities. The better the glass the better the ability to see at low light hours and long distances as good glass is more effective at removing distortion at low light or long distances.

I bought a pair of the Swarovski cl pocket binoculars. Very compact and fit in your pocket easily. The optics are unbelievable. High contrast and bright. They really shine in low light conditions. I was worried about light transmission with compacts but these don’t disappoint. Right around $900.

I bought a pair of the Swarovski cl pocket binoculars. Very compact and fit in your pocket easily. The optics are unbelievable. High contrast and bright. They really shine in low light conditions. I was worried about light transmission with compacts but these don’t disappoint. Right around $900.

I picked up a pair of compact Zeiss ?X10’s out of the old bargain cave at cabelas. Every bit as good as 8 lbs pair of full sized binoculars but they fit in your shirt pocket. Unless Im Hunting out west, a quality compact pair is the way to go..

I have the Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42. Very clear images at long range in the marsh or tight cover such as shrub thickets especially in low light or high moisture conditions.

The Vortex Vipers are a really nice binocular at a price that wont break the bank. My son has the swarovski ranging binoculars and bought the vortex fury’s for his wife and said he wasnt sure he could tell the difference - except $2000 less expensive

The Vortex Vipers are a really nice binocular at a price that wont break the bank. My son has the swarovski ranging binoculars and bought the vortex fury’s for his wife and said he wasnt sure he could tell the difference - except $2000 less expensive

The Viper's are good cheap glass. They usually are $129 at Cabela's on black Friday, I have 3 pair, one in every vehicle. That being said, they are no where near the quality of my Swarovski's.

Agree with the others regarding getting the best quality you can afford. That being said, if you are on a 250-500 budget I would take a hard look at the Nikon Monarch series binoculars. They higher end monarch binoculars are very good for the price; I own and pair as does my hunting partner. I also own a pair of Cabelas Euros. I have heard a lot of good things about the Vortex gear but don’t own any myself.

The Viper's are good cheap glass. They usually are $129 at Cabela's on black Friday, I have 3 pair, one in every vehicle. That being said, they are no where near the quality of my Swarovski's.

these are $129 at cabelas?

A446DB4F-065A-495A-A459-35D0F23B0763.png

No, I'm wrong. It's their Diamondback, it's usually $229. Last 3 years been $129 on black friday.

big difference between the vortex viper HD and the diamondbacks.:emoji_wink:

thanks

bill

From my experience, Bushnell's are great for back yard birding or trying to look at the turkey on your front lawn.

Haven't seen you yet define what you are hunting, under what conditions, and what ranges you are expecting?

I hunt in box blinds and pop up tents with coors light, field glasses, and e books and wait to hear wife or kids shoot

Usually in skeeter infested creek bottoms that are deeply wooded with range of ~30-40 yards

Also around 15 acres of food plots that range in size from 0.25 to 1.0 acre

Unfortunately, i don't have turkeys but i get a kick out of viewing an occasional eagle across a 6 acre lake

Thank you, TreeSpud for the questions

bill

I hunt in box blinds and pop up tents with coors light, field glasses, and e books and wait to hear wife or kids shoot

bill

Coors Light ... 6 pack or a couple of 32 oz tall boys?

Nikon Prostaff 7 10x42 binoculars. They retail for about $200, but you can get them for $100-120 on sale.

They are good for the money. I found them for $100 at Cabelas a few years ago and bought three pair. The only situation where they were lacking was counting antler points by moonlight. Otherwise they perform very well. I use the brim of a baseball cap to help steady them, and the image is very good in almost all circumstances.

Usually in skeeter infested creek bottoms that are deeply wooded with range of ~30-40 yards

Also around 15 acres of food plots that range in size from 0.25 to 1.0 acre

Unfortunately, i don't have turkeys but i get a kick out of viewing an occasional eagle across a 6 acre lake

Thank you, TreeSpud for the questions

bill

Then I wouldn't spend more than $150 on binos unless you're rich or really love binoculars. Save your money for a new rifle.

I would get vortex if I wanted good glass for decent cost,I would get swarovski slc 10x42 if I wanted good glass to be used in early morning and late evening.This is when theres a difference

Coors light? I think the first thing you should upgrade is too Busch Light..... affordable, better flavor, and just an all around working man’s beer. Simply put, it’s the beer that built and continues to build America. Never met a construction worker that’s turned one down when offered.

Let’s worry about those binoculars second.