Drywall finishing

I am in school trying to get a reactor operator license so not much free time. But they are paying me to go so I have money. I hate painting. Wife likes to paint but I would rather drag my balls across a mile of broken glass.

My only regret about this post is that I cant like it 3 or 4 times. Thanks for the laugh. Hire this shitty job done by someone else. First guy gave you a good price. Always pay a little more for someone that gets recommended to you.

Can I give one small piece of advice: box that support in. It will make everything look so much nicer.

It will be boxed it.

They showed up Monday to work and aint been ba since

So they worked friday and today. Theyve got some sanding to do but should be done monday. Dropped $400 on paint tonight.20190202_214722.jpg20190202_214821.jpg

Its primed and ceiling painted. Found an issue in that the drywall didnt allow the egress windows to open. Rectifying this currently

20190213_212116.jpg

Looks great! I love the sliding barn doors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dont want to get too far off topic, but I like the barn doors as well. I have found though that when I build the next house I wont use them in some instances. We have one off the master bed going into the master bath. Makes too much noise closing and opening them in the middle of the night, so lets just say you get used to the sound of "flowing water" in the middle of the night! :emoji_grin:

Dont want to get too far off topic, but I like the barn doors as well. I have found though that when I build the next house I wont use them in some instances. We have one off the master bed going into the master bath. Makes too much noise closing and opening them in the middle of the night, so lets just say you get used to the sound of "flowing water" in the middle of the night! :emoji_grin:
Thats headed into our storage area down there.
I pick up the flooring in the morning. Gonna start laying it this weekend.

I like that flooring!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice!

I’m getting better at flooring. Steam radiator that had no play on the pipe so the 1/4 inch added height screwed me. Tried an extension but then I needed to raise the radiator :emoji_scream:

061FE990-CAD1-4412-AEB3-8D03C22BBFBF.jpeg

Look close I found the closest hole saw to the diameter of the foot and removed the flooring.

AB2C96A2-94EC-494C-8E41-4165F471FBB1.jpeg

We ran out 4 pieces short in one of the bedrooms. But we got one bedroom done. My knees are shot. We have a little more to finish tomorrow after I go get one more box. Can't believe they wantes $2400 to do this.
20190217_193136.jpg20190217_211239.jpg

Do it every day for 10-15 years and you will know why they want $2400. If someone is paying employees and health insurance they are probably skimping by. $2400 wont buy you much health insurance. Its expensive as hell owning a business.

Does your stomach and back hurt at all? I did about a dozen floors with a guy a few years ago and my stomach and back felt like your knees look.