Drove through Dipppers area today

B

BJE80

Drove over 600 miles today to get a drop spreader. As I drove on hwy 10 between New loundon and Stevens Point I had a few observations

1. Lots of Deer. Lots. At sun up the fields with woods adjecent there were deer in the fields everywhere still in daylight. Not just 1 or 2. Usually 5-10 or more.
2. The amount of irrigation is maddening. Every farm field had a high capacity well. Crazy amount of water getting pumped in that area.
3. I was suprised how built up the area is now they made it a divided 4 lane highway.
4. Saw one yote running a fence line in broad daylight. Dude has balls in that open of area with no cover within probably over 1/2 mile.
5. Looking for deer while driving is just as dangerous as texting while driving.
6. Nobody better question the crow population in the area.

Take those roads opening day of gun season. You will never see more blaze orange in your life. there is higher concrentrations of deer out west, but an insane concentration of hunters. To a lot of people in central wi there is never enough deer, that's why there is so many. Throw in prime habitat and you have A doe factory.
Take 49 sometime from waupaca to 29. It's pretty much on the way to your place and a real nice drive. What route do u usually take anyway? 45 north from 10 to 29?
I'm on the edge of all the irrigations, but the dairy farmers are starting to rely on them too. Nitrogen leaching into the water table is such a horrible problem along with the depleted water table.
Everyone wants to live in the country, had another guy interested in my 23 acres yesterday. The funny thing is I've never told anyone it's really for sale.
Lots of yotes, we only killed 33 this year and there's a ton of seed left.
I've got to put a new clutch in the tractor I just bought, how deeps the frost? I would like to start planting some cuttings after.

Is the spreader what you expected? They are getting really hard to find.

Take those roads opening day of gun season. You will never see more blaze orange in your life. there is higher concrentrations of deer out west, but an insane concentration of hunters. To a lot of people in central wi there is never enough deer, that's why there is so many. Throw in prime habitat and you have A doe factory.
Take 49 sometime from waupaca to 29. It's pretty much on the way to your place and a real nice drive. What route do u usually take anyway? 45 north from 10 to 29?
I'm on the edge of all the irrigations, but the dairy farmers are starting to rely on them too. Nitrogen leaching into the water table is such a horrible problem along with the depleted water table.
Everyone wants to live in the country, had another guy interested in my 23 acres yesterday. The funny thing is I've never told anyone it's really for sale.
I've got to put a new clutch in the tractor I just bought, how deeps the frost? I would like to start planting some cuttings after.

I take 41 to 10 to 45 all the way up. So I don't go any farther west than New London.

Are you east or west of the irrigation? Pinpoin about where you are a little better. By Stevens Point or by Waupaca.

Looks like you need to thin out the crow population too. Thy were everywhere.

What is making you sell some of your land?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the spreader what you expected? They are getting really hard to find.

Yes it turned out good. I was going to post a thread in a bit here.

North of Iola and south too, with my 23 acres

Dipper - no frost in SE MN, but I have no idea how that compares with your area. I dug holes on Saturday for my apple trees that should be arriving shortly. 2 years ago I had to dig the holes with a pick axe in late April because the ground was still frozen solid.

Dipper if your 23 is actually for sale can you PM me. I have hunting buddy who has a piece north of Iola he has permission for and he is constantly looking for a piece of his own around there. And yes, lots of ag, lots of does, lots of great habitat.
Hunting there spoils me for hunting Kewaunee....but guess where both of my bucks came from this year :)

If he's willing to spend $10k/acre for hunting land I'm game.
This place is prime for a house

Blue, your buddie isnt looking very hard. I turned a buddie into a 120 attached to me for $280, lots of 40/80 acre pieces for sale right now in iola, marion area for 3-4k/acre. Good solid hardwood pieces.
Hunting land has dropped dropped from it's peak, build able is climbing back.

Buildable? What does that mean? I have a 40 that produced a 194 a few years back, with a nice 4 acre highground cabin spot. its worth 100k max. Pay me 6k an acre and i am on a plane to kiss your stupidity. Get real.
Not selling it to u am I so it's not worth an explanation. Haha
I'm as real as it gets

Cabin? Us natives live in huts. Nofo-remember I am a half brained hillbilly. You are the pompous city slicker. We need an understanding....
I'm not going to get into an online pissing match at 2am with some know it all from the California Good night

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see the listing. 23 acres better have a lakeside dock, with taylor swift washing my canoe in a thong bikini. 10k/acre better have big acerage with lots of shed space and a hellofa huntin shack on it. Nobody has sold a waupaca hunting property with no house on it for antwhere near 10k/acre. If i am wrong,please show me.

Taylor Swift? You can do better than that in this fantasy. A lot better.