Drones: Let's talk

^^^ LOL!

hope this shows up clearer for you guys. I was up at the farm dinking around tonight and recorded this. at my work computer it plays as 1080, I don't know if it will in the clip though? still gotta figure this thing out as far as the playback.

**will put new link once vid is done uploading

Last edited:
working on getting the better resolution video posted.

the pictures are very clear. Do the videos have sound?

Thanks for sharing, that's a neat perspective and real time!

Neat pictures and it sure looks wet.

I do somewhat resent the intrusion on private property that others could have.

Cool toy for a day. But what are the actual uses for Joe Blow Non Farmer?

Cost being what it is for the better quality stuff, is why I'd rather pay someone to fly ours once instead of owning one. I did a quick google search of where I live, and someone already has a business set up to serve realtors, farmers, brides, and anyone else that wants to capture the view from above. No pricing online though.

the pictures are very clear. Do the videos have sound?
No sound, which is a good thing since the blade would mask out all sounds

Nice photos nwmn. Man it's flat out there.

super flat! if you go to the east 2 miles there is a 10 foot elevation change, then more flat ha

Cool toy for a day. But what are the actual uses for Joe Blow Non Farmer?

well, for one, all my buddies want some imagery so that's a use. thinking about getting some use at the golf course. I've got a friend that wants some harvest footage as well. I think it serves a purpose. it's a toy no doubt, but it can offer value as well as joy flying it

They vwon't be real useful for deer hunting until you can get an infrared thermal camera with it too. IR to find them, regular camera to check the rack.

4 legged deer or the 2 legged type? Drones are a creepers delight.

yeah it could get ugly. if the wrong guys get their hands on one it could get weird. imagine creeps snooping with it. ish

^^^^^^Hope the feds dont find my Weed!!!!!

Grow it in the basement like I do - much less signature for them to see!!!

I dont intend to use it to during hunting season, that's just not right. using it for documentation and progress is my intent. I've always thought those farm pics were sweet from back in the day taken from planes. this is a better option for that.

I think the biggest limitation now is the flight time. If you could stay in the air for a long period of time you could do aerial deer counts or with thermal cam look for a lost deer. The issue is privacy. Not that the government will care. If this tech is available at the consumer level imagine what the government has! They watch us everyday from space!! Cell-phones, GPS, drones all that tech all started and was supported by the military applications of it. Defining the "bad guys" all depends on who's side your on!!!!!

I dont intend to use it to during hunting season, that's just not right. using it for documentation and progress is my intent. I've always thought those farm pics were sweet from back in the day taken from planes. this is a better option for that.
I've kind of gone backwards in my technology use for deer hunting and monitoring. I have not used my deer camera in 3 years and I think I enjoy the seasons more. If I see a big track, preseason,, I just say that's a nice one and move on.

I do like the overhead pictures of habitat and how the property is laid out.