DR fruit tree recommendations

BrushyPines

5 year old buck +
I have 2 Chestnut Hills southern crabs that I bought at a local Wal Mart that are ate up with fire blight. Pretty sure I'm going to call it quits with them and go with 2 DR trees. I'd like to either plant crabs, pears, persimmons or one of each that have drop times around our gun season, which is from Nov.-Jan. (rut starting mid to late Dec. and ending late Jan.) What would you guys recommend me ordering next year?

The shipping will be pretty expensive when ordering just 2 trees....it usually goes by the size of the box. Depending on the place it may run you $28 to $50 for shipping. I'd order 5 or 6 trees or more to justify the shipping. Best places I know of in no particular order are.... Whitetail crabs , Blue Hill and The Wildlife Group, . Goggle their names and check out their websites...They have all replied to my messages , and will give you suggestions for your area.

I have 2 Chestnut Hills southern crabs that I bought at a local Wal Mart that are ate up with fire blight. Pretty sure I'm going to call it quits with them and go with 2 DR trees. I'd like to either plant crabs, pears, persimmons or one of each that have drop times around our gun season, which is from Nov.-Jan. (rut starting mid to late Dec. and ending late Jan.) What would you guys recommend me ordering next year?

Call The Wildlife Group and talk to Allen

They are next door to you in Alabama

Ive ordered from them several times and am well pleased with the service

bill

As far south as you are, it will be difficult to find pears and good crabs that drop consistently from late Dec to late Jan. Persimmons are probably your best bet. The grafted persimmon that Wildlife group advertises states that it. "...drops fruit well into December and holds most years into late January." If I were you, I would get a couple of those trees and also talk with Ryan at Blue Hill about some of his persimmons. Good luck.

Kerr

It works in the north country.

I ca not see locations of anyone on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d buy pears from the Wildlife Group again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberty
Enterprise latest drop time
Redfree
Freedom
William’s Pride
Probably Sundance I’ve only had for 1 season can’t say with certainty.

I have the first 5 in a no spray orchard 20 years old. Enterprise and Liberty would be my choice if I could only have 2 apple trees. Pears maybe a better overall choice.

Last edited: