Double A Farm (NE Ohio) updates

Weasel, as always I am impressed with how great you have everything looking. You also have some deer that are just awesome. Keep us updated on your hunting, and I hope you connect with a big one soon.

Weasel, as always I am impressed with how great you have everything looking. You also have some deer that are just awesome. Keep us updated on your hunting, and I hope you connect with a big one soon.

Thank you NH. Good luck to you & your dad as well!

Been a while since I checked in, hunted more this year than I have in a few years. Strange rut to say the least, very little daylight activity. Had a shooter close on November 11th but decided to hold off for one of the bigger bucks. A monster came through on November 13th at 40 yards but never came through any of my shooting lanes. Nice to be having encounters with mature deer. Lots of big deer still around, including my #1 buck "Yoda".

FAF33F2D-D771-4353-9006-9EFCE8AF5947.jpg

Gun season opened on Monday and my buddy Chris did some doe management on my place.

8E434F96-72F3-4A64-9F66-4D23C7163986.jpg

Yoda is a beautiful deer and looks heavy for that late in November. He must have had a body like a Sherman Tank back before the rut started.

Good luck and keep after them. You have a bunch of great deer.

Weasel, have you kept records of the buck pictures pre- and post habitat improvements? The reason I ask is, I have and the difference is very measurable. I see what I think is a greater improvement with your property than mine, but I think you are a year ahead of me as I started improving this year.

Anyone have a better way of documenting or tracking the improvements. I did shoot a nice buck this year so I suppose harvests would work but that is often relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk