All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you share your land with people outside of your family/owners

B

BJE80

Do you share your land with people and invite them to hunt with you? Or do you keep your land to yourself?

Are you a sharer or a hoarder? ;)

Me Share!:D

Definitely share with friends/family. I wish I had more to offer better opportunities.

Not much to share with only 40 acres and low density but I try the best I can.

We share, but sure would be nice to share and allow people to take a doe if so desired. No does on our place are to be shot. Nor any young bucks.

Leads to a lot of empty meat poles the last few years.

We used to share our place with a youth hunter or 2 each rifle season and the occasional one of the old man's buddies who just wanted a few nights in a ladder stand during bow season(but that was mostly after we pretty much quit bowhunting ourselves). Now I share "my place" with hundreds of guys every season!;)

We share, but sure would be nice to share and allow people to take a doe if so desired. No does on our place are to be shot. Nor any young bucks.

Leads to a lot of empty meat poles the last few years.
Is it hard to keep youth interested with no decent chance of success?

I don't share beyond my family. We are trying to protect does at my home place and often only have buck tags at the other place. Hard to share when you only see a deer every other day or so.

We share, most hunters during firearms are family friends for quite a few years now. Up to 6-7 at times, which worked fine since we have a large property.

I might be archery hunting by myself for most of this fall but not by choice. The two guys I hunted with the last couple years seem to have other priorities for this year but might make it for one weekend.

If you dont help and you are not family you can't get in. Unless you want to sit with a gunner and watch. It's not hoarding. Its protecting an investment where there is not enough to go around right now.

If you dont help and you are not family you can't get in. Unless you want to sit with a gunner and watch. It's not hoarding. Its protecting an investment where there is not enough to go around right now.

Do you let people help out with work and then let them hunt?

Do you let people help out with work and then let them hunt?

If they are friends - you bet. quid pro quo or whatever its called. I have one buddy who helps every year. He comes and hunts. All the rest don't even hint anymore. They know the system.

If they are friends - you bet. quid pro quo or whatever its called. I have one buddy who helps every year. He comes and hunts. All the rest don't even hint anymore. They know the system.

Can I come help out? :D

I let a guy from this forum come and hunt one of the best spots in Missouri we have. When we talked before, He seemed like a good guy that worked hard. And he was a good guy! I don't let strangers come hunt all the time, but it was a lot of fun.

I did work the piss out of him while he was there for a couple days also! Had too, that's the rules. Ain't nothing free!

Well...between myself and my 2 boys, and then my Dad ...we pretty much got my place covered. I hunt most weekends and my boys probably hunt every other weekend.

My dad usually only makes a few hunts because of his health.
I have a friend that we always swap out a couple hunts.

We used to let a friend hunt a little and then he started missing work days and that ended his hunting. He still ask and same awnser. ..nope.

My friends and family have an open invitation any time they want. After a few years though they just come to hang out. They don't believe there are any deer and it is hard to argue otherwise.

Its like 'Mad Maxx' here in MN. And instead of gas its deer. 15 years ago there was plenty to go around. Not so much anymore. My youngest is the animal like wolf gopher who howls by the gate when anybody approaches.

Can I come help out? :D

What kind of skills you have? I have some access roads with water issues--:rolleyes::D

I am optimistic that in a couple years with the clear cuts taking shape and mild winters helping recruitment I will be able to see an anterless harvest. If I find players who will follow the rules there will be people outside my current circle killing deer. My local area can hold so many more deer and the harvest could be exceptional for numbers if the area has a chance to rebound through realistic state regulation and normal winters.

But it will never be FREE. My kids learn the value of contribution at an early age. You want to take you have to give.