Dead wild turkey

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
I was up in Hutchinson by the Gopher Campfire refuge on the crow river. There are lots of ducks and geese up there and wild turkeys in the pen. One of the turkeys was laying dead right out front. I called MN dept of animal health and they reffered me to the DNR. Apparently someone is going to check it out.

I guess I should have clarified that I think this critter may have been infected with avian influenza. You know, the one that has killed 10 million farm raised turkeys and chickens in the past month.

Thanks for the heads up Sheev.
005TDH_Kevin_Heffernan_008.jpg

The turkey farmers dealing with bird flu are really hurting. Sure hope it stops spreading soon
They say we need warmer weather to slow it down.

This morning, I hear the first infected small farm, flock has been found.

This thing really spread like wildfire, hope it doesn't wipe out the wild turkeys.

Heard talk that Wolves are spreading the avian flu

Heard talk that Wolves are spreading the avian flu
I heard the same thing, but it was after a few beers.
I know your source is not very reliable.

Shoot, and here I thought information gathered after a few beers was akin to having it chiseled on a stone tablet.

Shoot, and here I thought information gathered after a few beers was akin to having it chiseled on a stone tablet.
We dropped the tablet!

We dropped the tablet!

Bird flu is not something to joke about Art. The wolves have now exposed chickens as well. Soon the sea gulls will be dead. Word is the governor is going to bring some elk to NE MN to feed them for their work.

It would be a shame if the Canine influenza that is in Chicago and Madison reaches our wild wolf population.

Brooks will our deer feeding money be used to feed the existing elk in NW Mn. and also the proposed herd for NE Mn?