CWD now in Ohio

Im sure CWD will do in Ohio what it has done in every other state. Absolutely Nothing.

I wouldn't say Cwd is nothing when you hear the horror stories about zombie deer staggering around Madison. Bedding under furnace exhaust for warmth, I'd say that's a little more than nothing?

Dip,

Maybe it is a matter of perspective. It is nothing when you compare it to the greed and stupidity of the tame deer shooting industry.

Dip,

Maybe it is a matter of perspective. It is nothing when you compare it to the greed and stupidity of the tame deer shooting industry.
Gonna drag this forum right down to the level of "the dark side", huh? I thought this place was supposed to be different.

Many of us have strong opinions on this. Let's NOT put John in the position of making a tough decision.

It was only a matter of time before this was brought up, might as well see where it goes from here! Hopefully it won't get into to big of pissing matches!

Dip,

Oh you must be talking about successful businessmen that are running a successful business. Ya know i was a hunter long before a farmer and i just cant get over the fact that some of you sportsmen get all up in a bunch about something that may kill a deer or two when it gets 6 years old and very little effect on the herd but never throw a word out about ehd which can wipe out your deer hunting for years with one bad bug season. We had CWD back in 05 thanks to a wild deer and a taxidermist and have never had a case again behind fence or wild. Look at the record books year after year, about all top 5 states in both books are there year after year with mature animals and are CWD positive states. How is it that the CWD prion has been found in Alfalfa and Corn and i get on the internet and can buy both of these items from CWD positive states and bring them to a CWD free state to feed deer, wild or fenced. Nobody wants CWD but so far after 30 years on this earth CWD has proven itself to be the least of your worries when it comes to wiping out your whitetails!

Talking about CWD is pure speculation. Once (if) we get proof of whether wild deer infect tame deer or vice versa....then let's have the ugly discussions. Let's face it...CWD research is agenda driven....just like most all research that's dependent on funding. We don't know any more about causation now than we did back in '02 when it first "appeared" in WI.
What? Google Stan hall from almond wi. His cesspool had the highest Cwd infection rate ever recorded. Go figure Cwd pops up .5 mile down the road. Let's get all the intellectuals in a room and attempt to diagnose why it's showing up outside the pen??? The same happened in northwest portage county, where Cwd is right outside an infected Deer farm.
I can only wonder what's going to happen in the next few years with Cwd in a northeast portage county Deer farm? Common sense is a lost art in today's world.
No, the wild deer can't be getting Cwd from these infected farms. There can't be a connection, Stan halls farm has been double fenced. Wait, when Stan found out his deer where going to be euthanized all his trophy bucks disappeared, where did those Cwd deer go??? Bye bye, greed!

Just imagine those 20 or so bucks that went rouge from stans farm. They got sold of to say 5 farms. Those newly infected 5 farms are selling off to 5 more farms. It's no different than a cattle auction for those who have had the pleasure.
It's deer Ebola. If you don't get it, your judgement is clouded by $$$, or your an idiot!

You think it's the first time a couple bad apples spoiled the bunch? That deer industry has been an economic benefit right? It's contributed to a strong economy! You sound like a politician

Since I have no $$$, guess I'm an idiot. Can you show me the PROOF where those bucks from Stan's farm and then infected new farms? With all the $$$ we've spent on this $hit since the early 2000's, it would sure make sense to me that we'd have some PROOF. Where is it?
You clearly aren't getting it. The trophy bucks just disappeared. No one knows where they went besides Stan. The government was only going to give him $1000 or something for deer worth $20k a pop. He obviously sold them to God knows where so the government wouldn't kill them for pennies. There is no paper trail besides his pockets. He sure as hell didn't free a half million dollars worth of deer.
You can't prove anything he's not talking.

You guys are pissed about not seeing any deer because, blah, blah, blah. Your states dnr has all the proof in the world the deer numbers are fine. Aren't you guys listening? There's no problems. You guys are now calling for scientific evidence, from the same exact people you blatantly criticize, Really?
I'm pissed I've got Cwd right at my back door. You can bicker and complain all you want about not having any deer. We all know you do plenty. Just cause it doesn't effect you know right now, your not casting judgement? You want to hear testimony, from "the expert". That's hilarious
Ok-Cwd has no connection to the deer industry and the deer numbers are over populated in Minnesota. Argument solved for me :)

The dnr didn't create the Cwd problem, but they were tasked with solving it. It's never been their fault. I mean that fully.
Humans as a race playing God. We do it all the time, and it never Has a positive ending. That's my only words of wisdom. Humans haven't understood cancer or many human diseases, what's the likelyhood they will understand Cwd? No one has the answers, and hopefully it won't be too late, before we completely screw another thing up by playing God.

You guys are pissed about not seeing any deer because, blah, blah, blah. Your states dnr has all the proof in the world the deer numbers are fine. Aren't you guys listening? There's no problems. You guys are now calling for scientific evidence, from the same exact people you blatantly criticize, Really?

Damn right I am pissed about what I am being told by our DNR. Off topic but dont sit there and say there isnt a problem over here with deer numbers from your big high chair..... Where the hell did this crap spawn from all of a sudden?

Its a CWD Thread, what did anyone expect!

Here's the great thing about internet forums...at the end of the night people go to bed with bruised egos instead of curb stomped noggins :eek::)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time stu!

And I have been on the giving and receiving end of the curb stomped noggins!

Too Funny!

What? Google Stan hall from almond wi. His cesspool had the highest Cwd infection rate ever recorded. Go figure Cwd pops up .5 mile down the road. Let's get all the intellectuals in a room and attempt to diagnose why it's showing up outside the pen??? The same happened in northwest portage county, where Cwd is right outside an infected Deer farm.
I can only wonder what's going to happen in the next few years with Cwd in a northeast portage county Deer farm? Common sense is a lost art in today's world.
No, the wild deer can't be getting Cwd from these infected farms. There can't be a connection, Stan halls farm has been double fenced. Wait, when Stan found out his deer where going to be euthanized all his trophy bucks disappeared, where did those Cwd deer go??? Bye bye, greed!
So do you not think it was possible that it came in Stans FEED? Why is it the ban deer piss but they cant test and ever find the prion in deer piss? EVEN IN A POSITIVE LYMPH NODE<BRAIN STEM POSITIVE ANIMAL!!!! But thay can find it in Alfalfa and Corn? Please explain if possible.
You think Stan let them go??? I think Stan sold those trophies to outside ranches and harvested before another animals life was cut down for nothing. Do you know how many farms were depopulated and the animals never even used for research. Just like the last Iowa case, the state found 1 positive 2 years ago and instead of depopulating then they made them hold the deer for 2 years for it to just fester. Then instead of letting them be hunter harvested and paid for by hunters...And still tested.... they spend a million dollars of tax payers monies and paid for the deer...Thats a bright move there!

There was no CWD found in Ohio. Deer are imported from a CWD state and now we have it. Yep, no proof there.

People question feed. Maybe that is the cause. A deer in a pen has to be fed. A deer in the wild will find his own food. You can not have deer in a pen with providing food so go ahead and blame the feed. Ban the feed and your tame deer will starve.

There are plenty of diseases that are not fully understood. Cancer, Alzheimer's, Ebola, MS, the list goes on and on. Science does what it can to treat and/or prevent these diseases but we do not have all of the answers. Should we bury our head in the sand and not treat them until we know 100% of everything there is to know about them? That would be ridiculous. But the deer farmers expect that with CWD because their wallet is their #1 priority.

When this site started, it was a love fest that everyone will get along. There was no chance of that lasting because people have different views. We can debate deer drives, closing the borders, the MN DNR, the NDA and many other topics but when there is a mention of deer farming and CWD, we suddenly have to make tough decisions. If me starting this thread is justification for banning me, so be it. I believe in freedom of speech whether it is mine or a tame deer farmer. Just as I believed in the freedom of speech on the QDMA forum from the very members who were banned for criticizing the organization.

I am in agreement with what dipper and others have stated on this thread. I absolutely disagree with the deer farmers. I see nothing wrong with that. The deer farmers can say all they want to defend their deer shooting industry. Their very arguments in defense of the industry I see as support for my opposition to it. This country is full of people who want to silence the opposition. I don't see that as a healthy thing whether the topic is CWD or the duck commander giving his opinions on gays.

Wow. I've gone from CWD to QDMA to gays. I'll just close by saying I think Obama is evil that way I have covered many of the untouchable topics.

So do you not think it was possible that it came in Stans FEED? Why is it the ban deer piss but they cant test and ever find the prion in deer piss? EVEN IN A POSITIVE LYMPH NODE<BRAIN STEM POSITIVE ANIMAL!!!! But thay can find it in Alfalfa and Corn? Please explain if possible.
You think Stan let them go??? I think Stan sold those trophies to outside ranches and harvested before another animals life was cut down for nothing. Do you know how many farms were depopulated and the animals never even used for research. Just like the last Iowa case, the state found 1 positive 2 years ago and instead of depopulating then they made them hold the deer for 2 years for it to just fester. Then instead of letting them be hunter harvested and paid for by hunters...And still tested.... they spend a million dollars of tax payers monies and paid for the deer...Thats a bright move there!
Another example of governments ability to screw up a whatever it touches