Cuttings Planting Tool

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Here is what I had made up for planting Cuttings. I may have gone a little over board but it sure saves on back.

Looks good Tom...sure wish I could weld :oops:

Stu....keep an eye out on CL for a used Linclon "tombstone" welder. Usually $100. or so. Then, pick up a few lbs of old iron....and start welding it together. After a little practice , you will weld like a pro on most projects like this. No big deal....if you think you can....you can weld after an hour or two of practice. If you need some intiatl help with settings give me a call or check on-line (you-tube). It aint rocket surgery. ;)

Looks good Tom...sure wish I could weld :oops:

After delivering steel to different shops for almost 30 years I could get just about any thing welded for me. I can't weld worth a crap either.

I could have used a tool like that over the weekend - I set 200 or so - if I get into cuttings I'll make me something similar.

How do you keep the cutting from fallout before you press it into the ground or get the cutting to stay in the ground instead of being pulled out?

I may be over-thinking it.

I could have used a tool like that over the weekend - I set 200 or so - if I get into cuttings I'll make me something similar.

How do you keep the cutting from fallout before you press it into the ground or get the cutting to stay in the ground instead of being pulled out?

I may be over-thinking it.

I think you might be over thinking it. The tool just makes a pilot hole for you to stick cutting into.

Oh - I thought you used it to install the cutting into the ground. Not trying to be an a-hole here, but your still bending to set the cutting in the ground.....correct? About installing the cutting - not the a-hole thing. I know I'm an a-hole!:D

Oh - I thought you used it to install the cutting into the ground. Not trying to be an a-hole here, but your still bending to set the cutting in the ground.....correct? About installing the cutting - not the a-hole thing. I know I'm an a-hole!:D

That is what the kids are for. lol

That is what the kids are for. lol
I thought about that - my kids questioned my sanity for planting "sticks" as it is. I may have to get some success and prove I'm not nuts (at least on this topic) before I get any help!

Welded with those Lincoln "tombstones" for years, one of the only welders that you could crank up and burn 1/2" plate steel with 7018 rod and then hook up a TIG torch, crank it down and fuse weld 22ga Stainless steel sheets together.

Stu, you can come get lessons any time you want.

I find tig welding relaxing. I might not if I was doing it in production, but for my needs I enjoy the arc time.