Cutting clover?

I'm with some folks above who mow clover high but do it whenever I have to try and stay ahead of thistle and knapweed getting too far along and making seed. Mow somewhere around 9-10 inches but will scalp lower if weeds are really bad in spots. I had a spot I just wanted to roll down the rye in August which was planted with clover the fall before and get free rye reseed but weeds had other plans. First mowed just the perimeter and finally recently the whole plot a couple of weeks later.

Clover is a main part of my plots and utilized well from spring into mid summer and back again from fall into early winter and beyond if the snow depths are light. I think folks up north do not have to worry about mowing clover too much with good rains, I mow to keep thistlemania and junk from taking over but never get it all cause too many rocks and boulders outside the plot areas to rebuild numbers so a constant battle.

Another clover patch nearby has gotten lots of use from a bunch youngsters since April.

View attachment 13896 View attachment 13897 View attachment 13898

You should enter that last picture in the trail cam contest. 6 deer = 3x the likes right? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mowed my clover and chicory last night along with some trails and an area that was supposed to be NWG but was growing up in thistle and reed canary grass. I'm hoping that mowing it off this time of year will stimulate the warm season stuff. We still have plenty of moisture here in S.E. MN. I set the mower to just take the weeds off and clip the tops of the clover chicory. I would guess I cut it off at about a foot tall.