Cuddelink L series Q & A

Well, I went ahead and got me a cell home. My hope is that I can completely stay away from my hunting spot. It is so small that I really need zero pressure rather than minimal pressure. All my stands are hung, blinds situated, fields planted and cameras placed. Fingers crossed nothing messes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I went ahead and got me a cell home. My hope is that I can completely stay away from my hunting spot. It is so small that I really need zero pressure rather than minimal pressure. All my stands are hung, blinds situated, fields planted and cameras placed. Fingers crossed nothing messes up.

test it at home for a day before you deploy , that way you know eveything is set correctly.

Reactions: 356
Well, John. I’m not that kind of guy. I placed it in the top of a hedge tree in the center of our property. After I deployed I drove by every camera one last time. The pics came through a bit ago so it seems to be working. Now I just need to read back through this thread for tips

Well, John. I’m not that kind of guy. I placed it in the top of a hedge tree in the center of our property. After I deployed I drove by every camera one last time. The pics came through a bit ago so it seems to be working. Now I just need to read back through this thread for tips

sounds good, let me know if you need nay help

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the new L series sends daily reports like the J and Gs do when not running cell plans. See Attached. Sorry if i missed the answer to this question somewhere. I just use a home base and pull the card to check. I do find the report useful for getting level readings and knowing whether the camera is communicating that day or not. Been running cuddelinks since 2019 and i think they are great! Also this cuddelink community is awesome. Thanks

Attachments

• STS__012.JPG
    STS__012.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the new L series sends daily reports like the J and Gs do when not running cell plans. See Attached. Sorry if i missed the answer to this question somewhere. I just use a home base and pull the card to check. I do find the report useful for getting level readings and knowing whether the camera is communicating that day or not. Been running cuddelinks since 2019 and i think they are great! Also this cuddelink community is awesome. Thanks
the l doesnt do a individual report in each cameras file but you can access a report that has the same info for all cameras, ill attach a screen shot of what it looks like, it should be an HTML file.
You will see on the one image, the HTML file. click on the DCIM file, then the 400CUDDY file, then it displays all the file folders for the cameras and the HTML near the bottom.
8FB88CF2-8751-4F95-8675-3A4144E0B8C4_4_5005_c.jpeg

34FEAB1D-047F-49D7-B081-44837F90FFD0.pngl cam report

Ok Thanks John. You are a wealth of information on here. Many of my questions have been answered over the years just by reading these threads on cuddelinks.

John I'm having some trouble with a tracks camera. It hasn't sent a pic in over a week. I've also done pic requests through camp and they've not sent. It is still sending daily reports. I could check the camera tomorrow evening to troubleshoot. I'm also attaching a pic of the report.

Screenshot_20231008_025749_HTML Viewer.jpg

John I'm having some trouble with a tracks camera. It hasn't sent a pic in over a week. I've also done pic requests through camp and they've not sent. It is still sending daily reports. I could check the camera tomorrow evening to troubleshoot. I'm also attaching a pic of the report.

View attachment 58186
bring an extra formatted sd card with you and swap it out when you are there, let me know what it says on the LCD screen

bring an extra formatted sd card with you and swap it out when you are there, let me know what it says on the LCD screen
So I was able to get a response from the cam. I switched provider from Verizon (good reception) to Att (not so good reception) and then back to Verizon over the course of a day. Somehow this enabled the cam to finally accept my forced pic request. When I visited the cam yesterday it was taking pics (of me) and working fine. I swapped the card anyway and confirmed it was taking pics with the new card. I haven't checked the images on the original card yet to verify if it was taking pics for that week of absence. I'll be able to look into that later today.

Brand new L camera went rogue and started taking pic after pic, keeping the queue full. Of course it happened right after I left the KY farm and returned to FL. I've tried remotely emptying the queue, erasing the SD card, and changed the picture interval, but it continues the constant pics. Nothing in the view that would seem to be a trigger. Any other remote suggestions besides waiting until I'm back at the farm for hands on work?

Brand new L camera went rogue and started taking pic after pic, keeping the queue full. Of course it happened right after I left the KY farm and returned to FL. I've tried remotely emptying the queue, erasing the SD card, and changed the picture interval, but it continues the constant pics. Nothing in the view that would seem to be a trigger. Any other remote suggestions besides waiting until I'm back at the farm for hands on work?
can you post one of the pictures? turn camera delay to "off "under advanced settings in camp , Clear the cell que , clear remote sd and clear remote que and any remote that may be linked thru to get home .

Last edited:
Both day and night delay to OFF? Gate Camera shows just 1 link directly to home base with 56% level.

I've deleted all the pics that have nothing in them. Here is one I kept of a truck outside the gate, and another nite time pic.

GateCam.jpg

GateCam2.jpg

Both day and night delay to OFF? Gate Camera shows just 1 link directly to home base with 56% level.

I've deleted all the pics that have nothing in them. Here is one I kept of a truck outside the gate, and another nite time pic.

View attachment 58259

View attachment 58260
by turning the delay to off it will stop taking pictures until you can figure out why its triggering - also the L has a default setting where it will make the delay longer and longer if it keeps triggering , but if its triggering non stop you want ot stop it. I have not seen an L series do this yet. If you get a blank image again post that.

Well the queue has cleared, and I'm not getting runaway images every minute any more. But despite trying to erase the SD card twice, it is still showing 1074 images on board. Today there are 1/2 dozen images of nothing. My neighbor usually drives his blue truck down the lane on the other side of the gate every morning and evening, and there is no image of him coming or going, but perhaps he took a day off. I'll be back up there next Thursday with 4 new L series to install, so I'll probably move this camera to a less important location until I figure out what's going on.

gateSpecs.png

GateToday.jpg

Well the queue has cleared, and I'm not getting runaway images every minute any more. But despite trying to erase the SD card twice, it is still showing 1074 images on board. Today there are 1/2 dozen images of nothing. My neighbor usually drives his blue truck down the lane on the other side of the gate every morning and evening, and there is no image of him coming or going, but perhaps he took a day off. I'll be back up there next Thursday with 4 new L series to install, so I'll probably move this camera to a less important location until I figure out what's going on.

View attachment 58293

View attachment 58294
do a walk test with the camera, there is also 7 levels of sensitivity on the L series, the default is the middle setting. The way you have that aimed its very possible it could miss someone driving on that road. are you erasing it on camp ? saving before you close out ?

Since activated the middle of August, it has been pretty reliable at catching the blue truck outside the gate. But I don't really mind missing those, as long as it quits tacking so many pictures of nothing, and gets everything going "through" the gate. I cleared the queue and erased the SD using camp.cuddeback.com on my computer. It cleared the queue, just did not erase the SD. However, I just checked and the queue is already back up to 71, taking pictures of nothing. I'll put a new cam up next week, and see if a new SD card in this one, at a new location solves the problem. Otherwise, might need service.

Since activated the middle of August, it has been pretty reliable at catching the blue truck outside the gate. But I don't really mind missing those, as long as it quits tacking so many pictures of nothing, and gets everything going "through" the gate. I cleared the queue and erased the SD using camp.cuddeback.com on my computer. It cleared the queue, just did not erase the SD. However, I just checked and the queue is already back up to 71, taking pictures of nothing. I'll put a new cam up next week, and see if a new SD card in this one, at a new location solves the problem. Otherwise, might need service.
i have seen where cameras angled towards the ground are occasionally triggered by heat changes caused by the ground heating up or cooling off - you can adjust the sensitivity in the app and that may be worth a try so you dont use up more data. if you want to PM me your log in and password i can take a look at your camp and have Cudde see if the command isnt taking for some reason.

Last edited:
i have seen where cameras angled towards the ground are occasionally triggered by heat changes caused by heating up or cooling off - you can adjust the sensitivity in the app and that may be worth a try so you dont use up more data. if you want to PM me your log in and password i can take a look at your camp and have Cudde see if the command isnt taking for some reason.
I have had some question about commands being successfully executed. It seems whenever I send a take photo command it seems hit or miss if it takes a photo. Also, I have not been able to successfully use the app to set the delay to auto. It does fine setting the delay to anything else other than auto.