Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Thanks all. I'll give it a try

Hey John - I have 3 G series cameras showing Low! on my daily reports. All 3 have 3358 power banks on them. Over a week ago I swapped out the power banks with ones with fresh batteries, I did not replace the internal batteries on the camera. The battery status on the report continues to show Low! on 2 of them, the other went dead the other day. I double checked the connections over the weekend and all were fine. Why is the camera not recognizing the new power bank with fresh batteries? I did not turn the cameras on/off when swapping out the 3358's. I scrolled through the menu with pic count, link level and the battery level still showed low. I left the cameras assuming it would switch over to the power bank eventually. What am I doing wrong?

Hey John - I have 3 G series cameras showing Low! on my daily reports. All 3 have 3358 power banks on them. Over a week ago I swapped out the power banks with ones with fresh batteries, I did not replace the internal batteries on the camera. The battery status on the report continues to show Low! on 2 of them, the other went dead the other day. I double checked the connections over the weekend and all were fine. Why is the camera not recognizing the new power bank with fresh batteries? I did not turn the cameras on/off when swapping out the 3358's. I scrolled through the menu with pic count, link level and the battery level still showed low. I left the cameras assuming it would switch over to the power bank eventually. What am I doing wrong?
the safest way is to remove all the batteries including the internals and to make sure all the juice drains out of the capacitor(lcd screen needs to be blank) before plugging in the 3358 in, then the 3358 should be recognized.
another common cause is incorrect cable or the cable not being in all the way. It sounds like you checked that though.
Sometimes it will switch over on its own but i always remove all batteries when adding new batteries or adding an external source.

Field Scan???

This question may have been asked, but are there any plans to include a field scan mode on the cameras?

I’d like to set them to take a picture on a 15, 30, 45, or 60 minute interval inside a time window. This is really helpful when scouting fields/food plots.

Field Scan???

This question may have been asked, but are there any plans to include a field scan mode on the cameras?

I’d like to set them to take a picture on a 15, 30, 45, or 60 minute interval inside a time window. This is really helpful when scouting fields/food plots.
under 8.0 "prime time" is already there, you pick 1,2,3 hour window in morning and/or evening , then you set the lapse interval of your choice.
keep in mind when using Prime time , PIR sensing is off so you basically only get the time lapse images. This can all be adjusted remotely to any and all cams in your network when Gen 2 firmware is installed.

Field Scan???

under 8.0 "prime time" is already there, you pick 1,2,3 hour window in morning and/or evening , then you set the lapse interval of your choice.
keep in mind when using Prime time , PIR sensing is off so you basically only get the time lapse images. This can all be adjusted remotely to any and all cams in your network when Gen 2 firmware is installed.

Thanks for the quick reply! I wish I had looked for this before turkey season was over.

Thanks for the quick reply! I wish I had looked for this before turkey season was over.
i used it myself for turkey season , it works great , strutters show up a long ways off !

Did i read the brochure correct? The new solar panels have a built in battery?
yes it does and they are replaceable , the new solar bank will allow running solar on the new J with d internals as back up and any G with D internals as a back up - if the solar cant keep up it will switch to the internal d's. The new solar bank also has two ports so it can be used to power the solar side of the dual power bank as well. In that case you would run rechargeables in on bank and alkaline in the other bank.

So it will not charge internal rechargeables in a j series? And have the batteries that are built in to the panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the dual power banks when bank 1 goes dead can I change the batteries and it will stay on 2 or would this cause it to go back to 1? Just wondering if I can swap them out or if I should wait until 2 goes down and replace them all.

So it will not charge internal rechargeables in a j series? And have the batteries that are built in to the panel?

if you want to run aa rechargeables in the camera you can use the panel but the batteries in the panel arent doing you any good.
you shouldnt run 4 rechargeable d's internally in a g or J because the voltage isnt high enough to consistently run the camera. You can do it with a K since the K takes 6 D's

With the dual power banks when bank 1 goes dead can I change the batteries and it will stay on 2 or would this cause it to go back to 1? Just wondering if I can swap them out or if I should wait until 2 goes down and replace them all.
it likely will stay on 2 until the voltage gets lower than bank 1, but it may switch back. you are better off waiting and switching both banks at the same time.

if you want to run aa rechargeables in the camera you can use the panel but the batteries in the panel arent doing you any good.
you shouldnt run 4 rechargeable d's internally in a g or J because the voltage isnt high enough to consistently run the camera. You can do it with a K since the K takes 6 D's

Ok because last year I bough rechargeables for all 11 cameras j’s so they are 12 aa in each of my cameras I have 5 Cuddelink solar panels for them so now they don’t sell the panel without the batteries in it so if I decide to get the newer panel I’ll have to put regular batteries in them?

Ok because last year I bough rechargeables for all 11 cameras j’s so they are 12 aa in each of my cameras I have 5 Cuddelink solar panels for them so now they don’t sell the panel without the batteries in it so if I decide to get the newer panel I’ll have to put regular batteries in them?

couple options,
1. you can probably still find the standard panel for sale(3501) and it may even be lower cost than the new PW3600 model.
2. you can run the new panel with rechargeables in your J's , the batteries in the panel wont be used since they are lower voltage than the 12aa in your camera.

Sportsman's warehouse still has them in stock: https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...ries/cuddeback-cuddepower-solar-kit/p/1501058

Hello John, now that v.8, Gen2, has introduced more network capacity/throughput for sending more images back home quickly, can you please request a changeable setting that allows us to choose between the new high throughput/low quality image option OR a reduced** throughput/HIGHER quality image instead? **(Perhaps not even reduced, maybe just the same as the old firmware’s throughput but use the new efficiency to increase file size/detail slightly). That way the end user can choose what works best for their needs/environment. To be perfectly honest, I have run a 16 camera system with single image/5 second delay for years and never had a major backup with images making it back home so more throughput doesn’t really gain me anything. I would much prefer the previous throughput along with a higher quality image so I can zoom in to investigate details more. I’m not saying full resolution, some compression is fine, it’s just the current images leave a bit to be desired…I can make out big buck vs little buck vs doe, etc…but that’s about it.

Got a second network of a cell/home and 4 cams all ready to deploy. Was going to try to put out this weekend, but I have seen on some threads that updated firmware is supposed to be available on the 15th. Of course a day after I wanted to put them out. Will there be an update on the 15th and is it worth waiting for the update before deploying? What features or fixes will be in the update? Any chance of getting the update early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello John, now that v.8, Gen2, has introduced more network capacity/throughput for sending more images back home quickly, can you please request a changeable setting that allows us to choose between the new high throughput/low quality image option OR a reduced** throughput/HIGHER quality image instead? **(Perhaps not even reduced, maybe just the same as the old firmware’s throughput but use the new efficiency to increase file size/detail slightly). That way the end user can choose what works best for their needs/environment. To be perfectly honest, I have run a 16 camera system with single image/5 second delay for years and never had a major backup with images making it back home so more throughput doesn’t really gain me anything. I would much prefer the previous throughput along with a higher quality image so I can zoom in to investigate details more. I’m not saying full resolution, some compression is fine, it’s just the current images leave a bit to be desired…I can make out big buck vs little buck vs doe, etc…but that’s about it.
this wont happen anytime soon when running multiple cameras - it is just to slow right now to send higher rez images via RF. i know some really want this but its not going to happen in the near future

Got a second network of a cell/home and 4 cams all ready to deploy. Was going to try to put out this weekend, but I have seen on some threads that updated firmware is supposed to be available on the 15th. Of course a day after I wanted to put them out. Will there be an update on the 15th and is it worth waiting for the update before deploying? What features or fixes will be in the update? Any chance of getting the update early?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
it probably wont be released on the 15th actually it will be probably a few days later than that and most of the updates are very minor if you are running a network of cameras. if you want to deploy on the 15th jus too so with 8.0. The updates im aware of are remote charging of resolution on STAND ALONE cell cameras and enhance white flash images when running strobe. Probably some other minor updates as well.

it probably wont be released on the 15th actually it will be probably a few days later than that and most of the updates are very minor if you are running a network of cameras. if you want to deploy on the 15th jus too so with 8.0. The updates im aware of are remote charging of resolution on STAND ALONE cell cameras and enhance white flash images when running strobe. Probably some other minor updates as well.
Can you enlighten any on what "enhance white flash images" entails?

Can you enlighten any on what "enhance white flash images" entails?
i have not seen any examples yet but more natural colors and better exposure. basically a better image.