Cuddeback's Cuddelink

That's pretty incredible ranges for sure, still amazes me. I have set some cams at 3/4 mile or so with a link level between 10-15, and it works, but, get a bunch of pics in queue, and you might have the occasional transmission issue. I'm not sure exactly what ambient conditions will affect the signal the most, but I've seen a cam with a low link level of 10 be over 20 on some days, so you'll see the link level vary. As you use the system, you'll start figuring out what works best on your property.
On the serial numbers...I don't have my new batch of L cams unpackaged yet, but on all my older units, there is a sticker, I think under the door, that has the serial number.
I guess after making my map it is no longer accurate. The system is still doing it's thing and everyday it seems to be a little different. Pretty cool how it basically adapts to weather and fixes itself.
This is making me like technology again.

I tried searching for an answer and before I bug Cuddeback directly I thought I would try here. I just put out five L cameras and forgot to register them or record the serial numbers. All the packaging is tossed. Is there anyway to get the serial numbers remotely? I checked the photo file comments and don't see it.
there isnt, when you first power them up it starts recording the run days and Battery days , just register them after you visit them next.

Got a problem G dual flash, 2yrs old. It keeps wanting to lock up, "armed" on screen. Tried external 12v, external w/internals, just internals, now new S&S panel. Also, SD card. It will go 2-5 days, getting pics, then quiet, and it's locked up. Remove pwr, reset time, go again. Ideas? TIA
pull your card , clear the internal memory on the camera without a card in it and then ry a completely new card.

pull your card , clear the internal memory on the camera without a card in it and then ry a completely new card.
Okay, did that, now wait and see. Thanks.

This time I got 12 days. First lockup error 61, second just locked in armed, this time locked with link tx. Going to reinstall 8.3 and clean card

Been a couple years since ive had a problem, but tried deploying a few extra cams this week and cannot get a J to link up. Ive reset the cam, triple checked the channel, swapped antennas and still cannot get a link level even when feet from the the home cam or the remotes. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Been a couple years since ive had a problem, but tried deploying a few extra cams this week and cannot get a J to link up. Ive reset the cam, triple checked the channel, swapped antennas and still cannot get a link level even when feet from the the home cam or the remotes. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.
Firmware?

Firmware?
try loading the firmware again, if that doesnt work , change to another channel on that camera and then back to the channel you need it on. IF those steps dont help or an SD card change , and the antenna change didint work you may have a bad radio and then it would need to be sent back.

User Update: Like many on this forum, I am gearing up for deer season and comparing year-to-date photos to see "who is on the farm." As I looked over recent pictures, it dawned on me that it has been fifteen months since I last visited my home camera. Gone are the days (and hours) of checking SD cards or changing batteries. This is a testament to the reliability of the Cuddeback system. I have five cameras on solar, and none have stopped working since deployed.

Last edited:
User Update: Like many on this forum, I am gearing up for deer season and comparing year-to-date photos to see "who is on the farm." As I looked over recent pictures, it dawned on me that it has been fifteen months since I last visited my home camera. Gone are the days (and hours) of checking SD cards or changing batteries. This is a testament to the reliability of the Cuddeback system. I have five cameras on solar, and none have stopped working since deployed.
551 days on home unit. One property sold, so will have to pull a system in after season. Cards will have thousands of pics, busy January.

This time I got 12 days. First lockup error 61, second just locked in armed, this time locked with link tx. Going to reinstall 8.3 and clean card
This time 4 days and error:44

This time 4 days and error:44
call cs and send it in if its under warranty - that error code is not even an actual code , camera needs to be checked out

call cs and send it in if its under warranty - that error code is not even an actual code , camera needs to be checked out
Unfortunately, previous owner didn't register it for second year of warranty. I'll wait till flash Ls show up.

if your device is no longer shown on the website thats different - if the cell camera is shown under devices , shows activated but but the settings, remotes and report are not there then the home camera is offline and has been for 48 hours. You will need to go to it to determine the issue. If you you had a solar panel hooked up to it and its a G series home, it should read EXT OK if the panel is running the camera, if it went to OK then the internals were running it , if they died before the solar panel charged back up it woudl drop off line . You can PM me your email log in and password and ill take a look. There is not an issue with the cudde website at this time.nothjing has changed in how it works.
Curious what the solution was? I am having this same issue. It was working fine, had full access via App... Now it saying camera does not have remotes attached to it.

Is the solution going out to the camera?

Thanks for your time!

Curious what the solution was? I am having this same issue. It was working fine, had full access via App... Now it saying camera does not have remotes attached to it.

Is the solution going out to the camera?

Thanks for your time!
if none of the remotes are attached to it but the cell unit shows its online then its something different than referenced above. ONE possible issue is your link antenna was damaged. If it doesnt change in 24-48 hours, yes you will likely need to visit the cell camera to see what the issue is.

Have a K and 3 Gs purchased in 2019, firmware updated. one of the Gs after pulling the card and rearming will take 6-7 pics continuously every 6 mins. Subsequently kills battery, jams uploads and is useless. I reset entire system and did the same. Anyone ever seen this? Finally made it down and reset entire system yet again and now seems functioning but would like to prevent again.

Have a K and 3 Gs purchased in 2019, firmware updated. one of the Gs after pulling the card and rearming will take 6-7 pics continuously every 6 mins. Subsequently kills battery, jams uploads and is useless. I reset entire system and did the same. Anyone ever seen this? Finally made it down and reset entire system yet again and now seems functioning but would like to prevent again.
change out the SD card and make sure the new one is formatted before putting it in, i would also clear your internal memory before putting the new card in, with he card out go to commands clear and then up arrow to clear memory.

This may be in a prior thread but curious what recommendation on cameras and favorite/best practice settings are. Specifically I want to expand my K + 3 Gs in heavily wooded area, no fields, day and night pics, live far away from land. Pics could includes buck, bobcat, coyote and trespassers. I feel like some of the pics posted are far superior to mine in quality and then some of mine get a orang-ish glare. Insight appreciated!

This may be in a prior thread but curious what recommendation on cameras and favorite/best practice settings are. Specifically I want to expand my K + 3 Gs in heavily wooded area, no fields, day and night pics, live far away from land. Pics could includes buck, bobcat, coyote and trespassers. I feel like some of the pics posted are far superior to mine in quality and then some of mine get a orang-ish glare. Insight appreciated!
mount your cameras waist high or lower, make sure they are level. Put them 25 feet or less from the spot you are trying to cover (example a scrape). You will get more link/rf range if you put the cameras on post mounts instead of trees. The New L series will sync with your current cameras if they are on 8.3 firmware. Update the firmware on the L series to the latest L series firmware before deploying them. WHen choosing a Link channel, DO NOT USE 01-05, use a random set of numbers and separate them by 8 or more , Example is 13-26. Run a solar panel on every camera . Use Rayovac high energy alkaline in the cameras. I would suggest selling your K and buying a new L home unit. Put it in a central location on your property and try to get it high if possible. Use a 16gb sands card in each cmaera. if you do as i just described y,ou will be very happy and they will be a great scouting tool.

Last edited: