Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Any idea on the cell plan prices? Just says starts at $5 If you were to get more then 1 of these would you be able to see all cameras on one app or location? Should we expect a lot better quality pictures or are the cameras the same as current systems.
Regarding plans, there is also an option to buy data and spread it amongst multiple cameras where you can use all the data you pay for . for a user who wants multiple cell cams this is the most economical. the plans are very comparable and competitive with the other cell cam manufacturers. Yes, the app will show all cameras including tracks and cuddelink networks. In my opinion night pics are better, day pics are comparable - the IR filter is eliminated since that noise is a negative to some even though it was only once or twice a day, with that going away you give up some low light daytime photo quality. it also has adjustable sensitivity .

What's the difference between the new L series and let's say a J series? You say a year out? I already see them on presale at some sites.

What's the difference between the new L series and let's say a J series? You say a year out? I already see them on presale at some sites.
the L has, Adjustable sensitivity , new housing and no IR filter . There will be some available this fall but IR only and very limited availability. Black flash and strobe wont be avialble until 2023. I was referring to the CUDDELINK L series CELL HOME as being a year out, not the L series in a remote camera. The current G series cell home will stay current all year.

I have two g series that the threaded part of the cap where the antenna connects is broken from critters. Any idea if there are parts available to fix them? Scoured the internet for replacement caps and struck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two g series that the threaded part of the cap where the antenna connects is broken from critters. Any idea if there are parts available to fix them? Scoured the internet for replacement caps and struck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if its broke off in the camera you will likely need to send it in to get fixed and its not a guarantee that it can be fixed depending on how and where it broke. Cuddeback does not have any more link caps for G series.

John will Cuddeback be selling 4 packs of the new L series?

John will Cuddeback be selling 4 packs of the new L series?
no they wont , with the retail price being lower on each unit it didnt work. they may have some pack offerings in the future but that is 2 years or more away.

? file names on email photos ?
I tried my G-5109 for the first time Saturday. Set it up at noon, then took it down and brought it back with me. Got home and the card shows time lapse (85 pics in 200 folder) and motion activated (65 pics in 100 folder) pics of 4 hours work in the food plot. So that set-up worked well. The 400 folder was empty. Checked my email and pleased to find 5 emails with 30 pictures each. Good confirmation that my last minute account set-up was already working. Problem is the emailed pictures are numbered 1-30 in each email, so I have 5 number 00001 pictures and 5 number 00027 pictures and 5 number 00019 pictures, even though all of the pictures are different. And, those numbered pictures don't correspond to the numbering on the SD files. So, like, first thing I wanted to do was compare email quality to SD card quality, but it's taking me a long time to find the same picture in both places.
Is there a setting somewhere I missed that uses the same number in the email as on the SD card?

? file names on email photos ?
I tried my G-5109 for the first time Saturday. Set it up at noon, then took it down and brought it back with me. Got home and the card shows time lapse (85 pics in 200 folder) and motion activated (65 pics in 100 folder) pics of 4 hours work in the food plot. So that set-up worked well. The 400 folder was empty. Checked my email and pleased to find 5 emails with 30 pictures each. Good confirmation that my last minute account set-up was already working. Problem is the emailed pictures are numbered 1-30 in each email, so I have 5 number 00001 pictures and 5 number 00027 pictures and 5 number 00019 pictures, even though all of the pictures are different. And, those numbered pictures don't correspond to the numbering on the SD files. So, like, first thing I wanted to do was compare email quality to SD card quality, but it's taking me a long time to find the same picture in both places.
Is there a setting somewhere I missed that uses the same number in the email as on the SD card?
there isnt a setting , if you are trying to compare image quality, the transmitted images are all thumbnails and the SD images will be 5MP if you left it on default setting. You cannot change the resolution of the transmitted images when using cuddelink. You will really only notice a difference in image quality when zooming in. set your cam to capture the animals in a target area under 30 feet and you will find the image quality sufficient in most cases.

there isnt a setting , if you are trying to compare image quality, the transmitted images are all thumbnails and the SD images will be 5MP if you left it on default setting. You cannot change the resolution of the transmitted images when using cuddelink. You will really only notice a difference in image quality when zooming in. set your cam to capture the animals in a target area under 30 feet and you will find the image quality sufficient in most cases.
Hi, John, thanks for the comeback. I understand that the email pics are lower quality than the SD card - that's why I wanted to compare them side by side. My question is more about the file names when photos are emailed. Since both my time-lapse and motion activated photos are numbered 1...n, there's already 2 pics with the same number. Then the email software assigns another 1...n number. Then 30 minutes later it repeated the same 1...n, but for different pictures. And it did that 5 times. I reckon if there's a linked camera, his pictures are also mixed in with the others with new numbers. It's just not what I expected. Who would have thunk that the emailed file name would be different from the SD file name, and emailed files always restart numbering at 1? But I understand that we can adapt to this pretty quickly. My expectation was that I would see an interesting thumbnail, look at the file name, and get that guy off the SD card next time I'm on site. Instead, I'll look at the buck thumbnail, ignore the file name, notice the camera name, and look through the pics from that one camera on the SD card. If I'm not looking for the side-by-side quality comparison like I tested initially, it's fine to say "looks like a buck on camera 3 on the 27th or 28th". It won't take long to find that guy on the SD card. So, yeah, it will end up working fine. Just different than I imagined. This is why the manual says "With many cameras it can be difficult to determine where an image was taken. ...use cam ID to define the location of your camera..." So, yeah, it's difficult to tell where they came from because the email file names are different from the camera, and the same email file names are re-used every email.

My first test was a little different too, in that I set time lapse on 2 of 3 minutes to show progress in field work for a few hours. So, yeah, lots of pictures of the tractor going back and forth, and if want to do my quality comparison it took a while to make sure I was comparing the same pics email vs SD. Probably a mistake to email in this case, because I'm right there working and pulled the card anyway. Normally I run maybe 2-10 pictures per day of wildlife and wind. Finding the corresponding pic on the SD card will go pretty quick.

While we're talking about file name anomalies, here's something I'd like to see. My very first game cam, back before the turn of the century, would keep the picture count in onboard memory somehow. You could get 78 pictures this year, then pull the batteries and format the card and put it all in the basement over winter, then when you put the camera out again in July, it would start with photo 00079. If you ever make it to 99999, it would turn over and start at 00001. Not that you'd ever get close with that old technology and poor sensors and poor life. But anyway, whenever you checked the card, you could just dump it into the same folder on the computer, because it never duplicated file names. Then I got a nicer newer camera, ran a card, dumped it in a folder, ran another card, dumped it in the same folder, did it again....oops. I had a folder with 3 duplicates of every file name. And the time stamp didn't work on the camera. What a frickin' mess. As life went on, I learned a DOS skill to append something to every file name in a folder. So then I could pull my card, put all the pics on the computer, assign a prefix or suffix to all the files at once (like JULY), and then dump them into a common folder. I wonder if I can do that with Windoze. I don't like the way it is now, to have a different folder every time I pull a card, and I can't just look through the entire season all at once, but have to go into this folder and that folder. So yeah, younger people may not appreciate it, but those of us who remember liked it when the camera kept count of its history. It was also nice to see that I was up to 2677 pictures so far on the camera. Now I use a spreadsheet to keep track.

But I digress. Need to spend more time with my cultipacker.

Getting ready to deploy my cameras again this year. Firmware on them is 8.01. What advantage is there to update. They have worked great in years past

Is EXIF data also on the transmitted images in Camp or email?

Getting ready to deploy my cameras again this year. Firmware on them is 8.01. What advantage is there to update. They have worked great in years past
current is 8.3 and there likely wont be another this hunting season. remotes sync with home date and time, channel is two 2 digit numbers helping eliminate interference for other RF networks, dont use common numbers like 01-01 or 03-03 when choosing a channel, use something like 03- 13 or 10-27

Guess I forgot to attach the snorkel option on my K cell camera, over looking my wetlands, the weekend it rained 10" last month.
It is at least 3 years old so figured only thing to do is purchase a new one.
I had some gift to Bass Pro, so popped online to buy a replacement. Got it yesterday and didn't realize I had bought the G-5109 series and not the K series I originally had.
2 things that stood out is the new one runs off 4 D batteries and doesn't have a black flash feature.
I went back online last night and can't find the K cell cameras.
Is this camera better or worse than the K that I had?

Guess I forgot to attach the snorkel option on my K cell camera, over looking my wetlands, the weekend it rained 10" last month.
It is at least 3 years old so figured only thing to do is purchase a new one.
I had some gift to Bass Pro, so popped online to buy a replacement. Got it yesterday and didn't realize I had bought the G-5109 series and not the K series I originally had.
2 things that stood out is the new one runs off 4 D batteries and doesn't have a black flash feature.
I went back online last night and can't find the K cell cameras.
Is this camera better or worse than the K that I had?
k was discontunued 2 years ago, if you want black flash you can replace the module with a Powerhouse black flash module which will be better than the dual flash in the K . The 4 d G works better with external power sources like solar, and 6 d booster, IMO you are better off with a G. If you still want a K there are plenty y of used ones for sale on facebook and you will get them at a Deal, If you flash module didnt flood, you can pull it out and it will fit in your G as well. .

Is the G-5062 obsolete? I'm seeing very few sellers, and many 'no longer available'. I want another to go with my G-5109.

Is the G-5062 obsolete? I'm seeing very few sellers, and many 'no longer available'. I want another to go with my G-5109.
the only g that is available is the G-5109 home cell , remotes are all gone unless you can find one left over at a retailer.... which is unlikely. You will need to wait for the L series to add to your network.

the only g that is available is the G-5109 home cell , remotes are all gone unless you can find one left over at a retailer.... which is unlikely. You will need to wait for the L series to add to your network.
Thanks, John. I've seen your write-ups on the L but didn't realize the Gs would die. I'll watch eBay, and learn about the Ls. Thanks again for the info.

I have G series home camera attached to the 12D battery bank that recently became sporadic on sending pictures. I turned this camera on in June of 2020. I noticed on the daily report that it was switching between ext 1 low and ext 1. I put all new batteries in the camera and the external pack Sunday and noticed that when I was screwing the back plate on the camera if I tightened it all the way down the camera would say LO BAT and turn off. If I leave the screw backed out one turn it is staying on now and has worked flawless the past 24 hours but worried about being water tight now. the device report I received this morning showed it using the internal battery and not the external battery. Have you seen anything like this before?

I called customer service this morning and they mentioned sending the camera in to look at but it would take 3 weeks. Seeing as this is our security camera I mentioned buying a new home camera but she said the old one cannot be used as a remote camera after it is returned, did this change at some point? I thought they just had to be a cell camera for 1-2 years?