Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Is there a FW explanation somewhere describing the fixes/enhancements by revision?
There is not for various reasons they don’t release that. If you have a specific question about an update I can help you.

No they don't jump back and forth. It is viewed as 1 source at 9v but since they are in parallel the voltage doesn't increase, only the capacity. All 12 of the batteries drain equally.

That makes more sense. Hopefully the results turn out good.

No they don't jump back and forth. It is viewed as 1 source at 9v but since they are in parallel the voltage doesn't increase, only the capacity. All 12 of the batteries drain equally.

IMO, I think the G is more energy efficient than the J camera.

There is not for various reasons they don’t release that. If you have a specific question about an update I can help you.
Thanks! Awhile back you referenced some documentation/FAQa that was in the works. Is that available?

Thanks! Awhile back you referenced some documentation/FAQa that was in the works. Is that available?
Check the link on the Thread on the Cuddeback Gen 2.0

I for one am glad it doesn't pick up every little motion. I have a couple of my other game cams on video on the same setup as my Cuddelinks and they pick up a lot more images.....but these images are of birds, raccoons, twigs blowing in the wind, etc.
I at least know when I get pics sent to me that it is going to be a deer or pig.
All I'm looking for as a hunter is pattern and shootability of the deer on my land.

True, but when you miss deer, it's not optimal. My Brownings get zero false triggers, or as near to it as any cam I've ever run.

I for one am glad it doesn't pick up every little motion. I have a couple of my other game cams on video on the same setup as my Cuddelinks and they pick up a lot more images.....but these images are of birds, raccoons, twigs blowing in the wind, etc.
I at least know when I get pics sent to me that it is going to be a deer or pig.
All I'm looking for as a hunter is pattern and shootability of the deer on my land.

True, but when you miss deer, it's not optimal. My Brownings get zero false triggers, or as near to it as any cam I've ever run.
Certainly, if it is missing deer than that is not ideal. After some suggestions from Jon, I put all mine at knee high level and they haven't missed a deer.
Now, I would like to see the trigger detection a little wider but I can work with what it has currently.

Certainly, if it is missing deer than that is not ideal. After some suggestions from Jon, I put all mine at knee high level and they haven't missed a deer.
Now, I would like to see the trigger detection a little wider but I can work with what it has currently.
Just modify the width of the PIR baffle little by little until the detection width suits you... A Dremel tool on the plastic face plate on the K models or an Exacto knife on the rubber seal/baffle (under the Fresnel lens) on the J models. Wide open will cause possible premature triggers like the G models with the sliding baffle in the down position.

Just modify the width of the PIR baffle little by little until the detection width suits you... A Dremel tool on the plastic face plate on the K models or an Exacto knife on the rubber seal/baffle (under the Fresnel lens) on the J models. Wide open will cause possible premature triggers like the G models with the sliding baffle in the down position.
I think the Detection zone is 55 degrees & Field of View 42 degrees. Not sure how many degrees it narrows by shuttering the Fresnel lens. The shutter makes sense. No need for detection to be wider than what you can see.

I think the Detection zone is 55 degrees & Field of View 42 degrees. Not sure how many degrees it narrows by shuttering the Fresnel lens. The shutter makes sense. No need for detection to be wider than what you can see.
I think this is done for running and fast moving animals but I could be wrong. I personally have the fresnal shutter in the down position on my G cams. It really only becomes an issue if the deer are hanging up. But I usually put my cams on pinch points along trails and scrapes so I don't get many blank pics if it all.

For those of you only following this thread (like myself), John has started 2 new ones and I didn't see that posted here yet...search for: Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version and/or Cuddelink trouble shooting recommendations and you shall find!

Anyone interested in 2 like new 3358 boosters let me know. I used them a little bit the earlier in the season but don't need anymore. Like new. Just couldn't find the one all black cord. $35 for both shipping included.
d1848fd90cf09955d02d9e68675cddc7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What are the best rechargeable AA battery for the cuddeback cameras with solar panels attached, the ones that come with the panels don't work very well

What are the best rechargeable AA battery for the cuddeback cameras with solar panels attached, the ones that come with the panels don't work very well
before switching to another brand trying charging the batteries that were included with the battery pack removed from the camera or charge them in a bay charger - even one bad or low battery will cause issues. Its also a good idea to test them individually .

I charged all batteries before install, I have checked them with volt meter and they all read the same, for some reason they keep failing and panels are placed in full sun

I use energizer. I had one in mostly fun sun and think it would have pretty much ran indefinitely had a dumb button buck not chewed the cord in half. Make sure to get batteries with at least 2,000 mah. 2,400 is better.

I use energizer. I had one in mostly fun sun and think it would have pretty much ran indefinitely had a dumb button buck not chewed the cord in half. Make sure to get batteries with at least 2,000 mah. 2,400 is better.

Thanks!

Thanks!
No problem. Also have some Rayovac 2400 and they work fine.

Test painted some of my older E-2’s that I use on public, turned out pretty good so I went with it on the new J’s. Hoping to help conceal them from thieves. May add some tree bark later to help break up the outline. I’ll do the rest of my cameras when I pull the for the year.
23C1010F-CF5F-4E6C-9AF3-423F6AA4665B.jpeg7D04646C-BB57-48EC-A6AE-B1E846F05D7E.jpeg
4E96CD40-7511-4736-8654-298080F8BA1B.jpeg8B406F12-C3D5-49F9-8984-861F5E6649C6.jpeg
665E722E-0767-48B9-A8F4-7861A53C1874.jpeg3F073B40-9297-43A0-8FA6-E4DC7B84DCCA.jpeg