Cuddeback's Cuddelink

if he has the $10 plan and is sending them hi rez it could. it could also be a signal issue. the $10 plan is 750 images but often times you get quite a few more than that if you have good number of night images.
Like I said the first time it was out it took a few pictures over the course of about 3 days then it quite and when I went to check it out it said locked on the screen. I could not figure out how to get it going again so I brought it home with me and called customer service while I had the camera with me. We went through it step by step, I had everything right expect to picture size. So my son takes it back out to the farm, sets it up and makes sure it counts down and takes a picture of him, all seems to be working well and it send pictures of deer for about 3 days and then just nothing. So if I would have to guess next time I get out there it will be in the same locked mode.

Like I said the first time it was out it took a few pictures over the course of about 3 days then it quite and when I went to check it out it said locked on the screen. I could not figure out how to get it going again so I brought it home with me and called customer service while I had the camera with me. We went through it step by step, I had everything right expect to picture size. So my son takes it back out to the farm, sets it up and makes sure it counts down and takes a picture of him, all seems to be working well and it send pictures of deer for about 3 days and then just nothing. So if I would have to guess next time I get out there it will be in the same locked mode.
I had 2 K cameras do the same thing. I have them sitting in my basement right now. I plan on calling CS after the holidays and send them in. The most unfortunate part is the one K cam was 4+ miles in the mountains and I got to it late Oct and got it working again only to have it lock up again after a day, right before my rut vacation. At that point I let it go until the season ended and I pulled it. I did have lots of good pics on my remote cams, even though I didn't see them until I checked my cards.

Marcel, I like the looks of that buck

Hey John, when ya’ll rolling out the new firmware? I’m like a kid waiting on Santa! Lol. I’ll volunteer to be a beta tester!

what plan is this camera on and do you have your overage box checked on the cuddeback page with your Dual cell plan info?

Hey John, when ya’ll rolling out the new firmware? I’m like a kid waiting on Santa! Lol. I’ll volunteer to be a beta tester!
should be early 1st quarter of 2020.

what plan is this camera on and do you have your overage box checked on the cuddeback page with your Dual cell plan info?

Sign in CELL MANAGEMENT tab on Cuddeback website. It will tell you amount of data used. Gives you the option to change plan. 9AB0AFED-A036-4CC6-9316-20DE99D724F9.jpeg

First off, I read through this entire thread over the last few days. Phew! My eyes are burning, but I wanted to thank everyone (especially John with Cuddeback) for the extremely useful information on this thread. I’ve been a lurker since back from the QDMA forum days so it doesn’t surprise me that this site has the best information about these cameras.

Second, I’m just about ready to jump into the Cuddeback ecosystem, but I have a couple of concerns. I know this is where most are coming to report problems, but I’m concerned about reliability as the farm my dad and I would be setting this up on is a 16 hour drive away from us. Luckily my dad’s job allows him to stop in for a day or so once or twice a month and our good neighbor is running the system currently too. Obviously we aren’t going to have the luxury to fix downed cameras all the time and especially because these will be going into our sanctuary areas that we only enter a couple of times per year. Do the current users feel the system is ironed out enough to give it a try? I’ll still be running traditional cams on the exterior of the property FYI as they are pretty low impact spots.

Also, it seems the second concern has been battery life. So far we have planned getting one cell home to transmit from the center of the farm and G series cameras with the powerhouse black flash ( I know people have differing views on flash types, but for us black flash is a must based on past experiences). I also plan to supplement all of these with the newer dual battery pack and where it makes sense, solar panels when those are released for it.

I am also interested in some of the homemade 9 volts in ammo boxes people have been making if they feel those will outperform the new dual battery pack. Oh and also we are in a high deer density area with spotty cell reception. Luckily the cabin on our place has the best reception so the plan would be to plug the cell unit into the wall (any update on when that plug will release?) and keep the picture interval higher to avoid jams in the network. Any recommendations for the settings to try? It’s going to be a mix of plots, mineral sites, and travel corridors.

Last question is for John and I don’t know if you can answer this, but any plans to announce any changes to hardware this ATA or shot show? Say a G cam version 2 or even a powerhouse black flash module 2? I know you can’t go into specifics, but I would hate to invest into these and find out a better version is coming out in a few months. A simple “wait for then“ or “you’re good to buy now” would be much appreciated.

sorry for the wall of text. Thanks again to everyone for contributing to a great resource. I’m sure I’ll have more questions to follow and this will be nice to look back into for more information.

First off, I read through this entire thread over the last few days. Phew! My eyes are burning, but I wanted to thank everyone (especially John with Cuddeback) for the extremely useful information on this thread. I’ve been a lurker since back from the QDMA forum days so it doesn’t surprise me that this site has the best information about these cameras.

Second, I’m just about ready to jump into the Cuddeback ecosystem, but I have a couple of concerns. I know this is where most are coming to report problems, but I’m concerned about reliability as the farm my dad and I would be setting this up on is a 16 hour drive away from us. Luckily my dad’s job allows him to stop in for a day or so once or twice a month and our good neighbor is running the system currently too. Obviously we aren’t going to have the luxury to fix downed cameras all the time and especially because these will be going into our sanctuary areas that we only enter a couple of times per year. Do the current users feel the system is ironed out enough to give it a try? Yes. There may be some trial and error with cam placement and RF signal but once you get it set it will be good. In my experience the "rat tails" do help with signal strength if you need a boost. I’ll still be running traditional cams on the exterior of the property FYI as they are pretty low impact spots.

Also, it seems the second concern has been battery life. So far we have planned getting one cell home to transmit from the center of the farm and G series cameras with the powerhouse black flash ( I know people have differing views on flash types, but for us black flash is a must based on past experiences). I also plan to supplement all of these with the newer dual battery pack and where it makes sense, solar panels when those are released for it. I had several G cams with 3358 battery boosters running this past fall. I reached 159 days before I pulled them from the mountain. They were still running off the externals even though it was reading low on the report. The internals were at 1.51v. They could've gone for a couple more months imo. With another bank in the dual power pack I can see them going for at least a year. I also had home cell units with the same setup and battery life. If I had to choose my perfect setup it would be a home cell unit and G cameras. I prefer those over the K cams and J cams.

I am also interested in some of the homemade 9 volts in ammo boxes people have been making if they feel those will outperform the new dual battery pack. Oh and also we are in a high deer density area with spotty cell reception. Luckily the cabin on our place has the best reception so the plan would be to plug the cell unit into the wall (any update on when that plug will release?) and keep the picture interval higher to avoid jams in the network. Any recommendations for the settings to try? It’s going to be a mix of plots, mineral sites, and travel corridors. Sorry I can't really offer an opinion here. I hunt a low deer density area and pretty much focus on scrapes, pinch points, etc. No mineral site's as it's public land but I'm sure someone can chime in and offer a setup that works.

Last question is for John and I don’t know if you can answer this, but any plans to announce any changes to hardware this ATA or shot show? Say a G cam version 2 or even a powerhouse black flash module 2? I know you can’t go into specifics, but I would hate to invest into these and find out a better version is coming out in a few months. A simple “wait for then“ or “you’re good to buy now” would be much appreciated.

sorry for the wall of text. Thanks again to everyone for contributing to a great resource. I’m sure I’ll have more questions to follow and this will be nice to look back into for more information.

Can someone explain more on the (rat tail) the Bpressley Referred to , Length and wire size I use them on my VHF radios sometimes

There are no changes to cuddelink cameras for 2020 other than a rolling change to the j series in where they will all eventually come with a 4 d cell battery pack instead of the 12 AA pack currently offered . We also will have a cable that will allow you to run your cameras off a 12 volt source if that is what you prefer.

What 12v source are you speaking about and the voltage being 3 to 6 volts higher will not damage the camera?

Can someone explain more on the (rat tail) the Bpressley Referred to , Length and wire size I use them on my VHF radios sometimes
I’ve tried it with some success on some , none on others. It’s just a piece 14-16ga wire 3-6” long attached under metal antenna nut. I have found it is way easier to just add a repeater. The radio to radio signals will fade from time to time for various reasons. Some locations worse than others.

Second, I’m just about ready to jump into the Cuddeback ecosystem, but I have a couple of concerns. I know this is where most are coming to report problems, but I’m concerned about reliability as the farm my dad and I would be setting this up on is a 16 hour drive away from us. Luckily my dad’s job allows him to stop in for a day or so once or twice a month and our good neighbor is running the system currently too. Obviously we aren’t going to have the luxury to fix downed cameras all the time and especially because these will be going into our sanctuary areas that we only enter a couple of times per year. Do the current users feel the system is ironed out enough to give it a try? I’ll still be running traditional cams on the exterior of the property FYI as they are pretty low impact spots.

Also, it seems the second concern has been battery life. So far we have planned getting one cell home to transmit from the center of the farm and G series cameras with the powerhouse black flash ( I know people have differing views on flash types, but for us black flash is a must based on past experiences). I also plan to supplement all of these with the newer dual battery pack and where it makes sense, solar panels when those are released for it.

I am also interested in some of the homemade 9 volts in ammo boxes people have been making if they feel those will outperform the new dual battery pack. Oh and also we are in a high deer density area with spotty cell reception. Luckily the cabin on our place has the best reception so the plan would be to plug the cell unit into the wall (any update on when that plug will release?) and keep the picture interval higher to avoid jams in the network. Any recommendations for the settings to try? It’s going to be a mix of plots, mineral sites, and travel corridors.

This year I have about 30 cameras sprinkled over 5 properties 1 k series melted the wire going to external pack and the batteries died early other than that I haven’t had to touch a single camera except to replace batteries at the 150 day mark. I have had in the past a couple issues with runaway cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Bpressley Thanks for the input! I would also be interested to hear what you have done for length, wire, and ground for your rat tail set up.

I’ve tried it with some success on some , none on others. It’s just a piece 14-16ga wire 3-6” long attached under metal antenna nut. I have found it is way easier to just add a repeater. The radio to radio signals will fade from time to time for various reasons. Some locations worse than others.
Our set up shouldn’t need the full sixteen so we should be able to get some repeater units if need be. It would be interesting to see how much the rat tail would give us distance. Obviously we would try and streamline the system and keep the signals as high as possible to try and conserve as much battery as we can.

What 12v source are you speaking about and the voltage being 3 to 6 volts higher will not damage the camera?
The cable cudde will have will plug into any cuddeback camera and can be connected to a 12 v battery to power the camera . The cable meters it down to 9 volts

There are no changes to cuddelink cameras for 2020 other than a rolling change to the j series in where they will all eventually come with a 4 d cell battery pack instead of the 12 AA pack currently offered . We also will have a cable that will allow you to run your cameras off a 12 volt source if that is what you prefer.
Thanks for the info as usual!

The cable cudde will have will plug into any cuddeback camera and can be connected to a 12 v battery to power the camera . The cable meters it down to 9 volts
Would you be able to rig up a solar panel to that as well to keep it trickle charged like HME has done for their cellular stealth cams? I’m definitely interested if you think that could outlast the double power pack.

Thanks for the info.