All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John
I recently got the J-1521 two pack and sent in for the free K-5789 , I have the 3532 solar kit with aa battery power pack and I have the 3358 power pack I am using them on the C and X change model cameras , I need the cables to use them with the new J-1521 and K-5789 do you have a list of what cables work with all these different Products . This is something Cuddeback should have on there web site
Im not sure what you are trying to use with each model. the 3358's just needs a cable to fit the K or the J, you can call Customer service and they can work with you on that to get some to you.They dont sell that separately on the website because they are included now with the 3358. They may also have a cable so you can use the 3532 with the New J. That kit is now discontinued with a new solar power bank coming in 2020.
If you want to run solar on your new J's you may want to wait for the new solar power bank coming in early 2020. If you want to run solar on the K you just need to buy 6 rechargeable D's and the current solar panel will plug into the back of the K with the included cable.

Question: My dual cell ran well for over 100 days on D-batteries. It recently died. With the new set of batteries the CC test fails. Tried different locations but still no luck. Any suggestions?
pull the batteries and make sure the LCD screen is completely blank before inserting them. If you continue to get a fail in areas you know have adequate service call CS to set up a return and they can also insure you plan is active.

In my experience with this system over the last year, the weakest link in the system is the cords. 1 K on solar, 1 G on solar, 1 G on 3358 power pack, and 1 J on solar. 3 cords got chewed in half by rodents. Cuddeback should make the metal clad cords standard, and then the system would be bulletproof in my opinion.

I see the firmware is 7.9 is on the website.. Is that the update with all the cool stuff?

Important notice for any of you that purchased the 2 pack J promo - Cuddeback just released firmware 7.9 - if you have the 2 pack J's with the D battery pack and you plan on using them in the next month its important you update them to 7.9. If you dont plan on deploying them you can wait for 8.0 which is the update that will allow remote control of all of your cuddelink's via the dual cell.
7.9 fixes a power/voltage issue that can occur when taking night time images with IR. without this update the images may not write to the card when power decreases in the 4 D cells.
8.0 will also include this update so if you arent deploying them in the immediate future wait until 8.0 is released and kill two birds with one stone.
7.9 is not needed for any camera other than the promo 2 Pack J camera with D battery pack
link to firmware https://www.cuddeback.com/update

Last edited:
Important notice for any of you that purchased the 2 pack J promo - Cuddeback just released firmware 7.9 - if you have the 2 pack J's with the D battery pack and you plan on using them in the next month its important you update them to 7.9. If you dont plan on deploying them you can wait for 8.0 which is the update that will allow remote control of all of your cuddelink's via the dual cell.
7.9 fixes a power/voltage issue that can occur when taking night time images with IR. without this update the images may not write to the card when power decreases in the 4 D cells.
8.0 will also include this update so if you arent deploying them in the immediate future wait until 8.0 is released and kill two birds with one stone.
7.9 is not needed for any camera other than the promo 2 Pack J camera with D battery pack
link to firmware https://www.cuddeback.com/update
Good job John! Where would we be without you! Thanks.
Also, does the whole network have to be on same firmware?

Last edited:
Probably on the original firmware that came on the camera. LOL.

Also, does the whole network have to be on same firmware?
When going to 8.0 yes you will need all cameras on 8.0 , but for 7.9 it’s not necessary, . You only need to load 7.9 on the 2 pack j’s and only if you are planning on deploying them now .

When going to 8.0 yes you will need all cameras on 8.0 , but for 7.9 it’s not necessary, . You only need to load 7.9 on the 2 pack j’s and only if you are planning on deploying them now .
Thanks for all you do for us John, and Merry Christmas to you and all on the forum!

Was the cell home discontinued? I’m not seeing it on Cuddebacks website, only the newer dual cell. For our application we really don’t need the camera portion at all and I would just as soon not use more battery for that. I’m assuming you can disable the camera portion?

In my experience with this system over the last year, the weakest link in the system is the cords. 1 K on solar, 1 G on solar, 1 G on 3358 power pack, and 1 J on solar. 3 cords got chewed in half by rodents. Cuddeback should make the metal clad cords standard, and then the system would be bulletproof in my opinion.
We have a pile of squirrels on our place. Have you found an alternative metal cord that would work?

We have a pile of squirrels on our place. Have you found an alternative metal cord that would work?
I wrap my cords with stealth strips from www.stealthoutdoors.com The rodents won't chew on them. I also use them around the edges of my Browning cams to stop them from chewing those as well (for some reason they love knawing on them). I used to have problems with rodents but since applying the stealth strips I've had zero the past 2 seasons. It is a soft fleece material that has an extremely strong adhesive to stick to damn near anything. They are a really great product with 100's of uses.

Was the cell home discontinued? I’m not seeing it on Cuddebacks website, only the newer dual cell. For our application we really don’t need the camera portion at all and I would just as soon not use more battery for that. I’m assuming you can disable the camera portion?
you can disable the camera portion. I you are interested in a Cell home without a camera i know a dealer that has some and he would sell them at a large discount. PM me and i can get you the contact info.

cuddeback has a metal wrapped cable for sale as an accessory. The production cost is substantially higher so they do not offer it standard with the cameras.

you can disable the camera portion. I you are interested in a Cell home without a camera i know a dealer that has some and he would sell them at a large discount. PM me and i can get you the contact info.
PM sent

you can disable the camera portion.

My apologies if this was already asked previously. If the new dual cell has taken the place of the cell home. I have a question regarding it’s operation while still being used as a camera. Does it have the ability to transmit images and function as camera while it’s transmitting? Most cell cams don’t, which I why I am asking. For example I have the DC on food plot and have the transmission status set to every hour. Let’s say it kicks off the transmission of it’s images and other remotes and I have deer in the food plot. Will the DC still capture movement in the food plot during that transmission period?

I’m gonna splurge on getting a 3 pack. I already have a cell home unit. However knowing what the DC can and can’t do should help with how to place it in the system and how’d I’ll use it in the future.

When home camera is transmitting to your email, the network or radio to radio transmission is shutdown. Per CS the picture taking ability on home camera does not disrupted during email transmission. Also, stated that the transmission of pictures by remote does not disrupt picture taking abilities of that remote.

Last edited:
My apologies if this was already asked previously. If the new dual cell has taken the place of the cell home. I have a question regarding it’s operation while still being used as a camera. Does it have the ability to transmit images and function as camera while it’s transmitting? Most cell cams don’t, which I why I am asking. For example I have the DC on food plot and have the transmission status set to every hour. Let’s say it kicks off the transmission of it’s images and other remotes and I have deer in the food plot. Will the DC still capture movement in the food plot during that transmission period?

I’m gonna splurge on getting a 3 pack. I already have a cell home unit. However knowing what the DC can and can’t do should help with how to place it in the system and how’d I’ll use it in the future.
Keep in mind if you have a cell home with a plan and the dc with a plan one of the plans will Not be needed. If you purchase an annual plan for the dc at the end of the plan period it will be unlocked and you can use it as a remote, home, repeater etc . The first year it needs a plan to operate.

When home camera is transmitting to your email, the network or radio to radio transmission is shutdown. Per CS the picture taking ability on home camera does not disrupted during email transmission. Also, stated that the transmission of pictures by remote does not disrupt picture taking abilities of that remote.
That’s pretty nice. Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind if you have a cell home with a plan and the dc with a plan one of the plans will Not be needed. If you purchase an annual plan for the dc at the end of the plan period it will be unlocked and you can use it as a remote, home, repeater etc . The first year it needs a plan to operate.
Thanks John, appreciate comment back