Cuddeback's Cuddelink

My cell-home quit connecting to The cell for me on 11/3. I changed my external battery and SD card on 10/27, had a good cell test and was receiving pics until 11/3. I just made it to my property today and expected my cell/home to be dead. When I got to it, it was running on ext bat and looked fine, but it won’t give me a good cell test. Not sure yet if it was still collecting pics since most of my other cams were dead also. I changed internal batteries, SD, and did cc clear (which may have been a mistake). I tried different locations, even though it worked where it was for the past 2 years until now. I see there is no info under the C1-C4 but there is under M1-M3. Is that the way it should be? It is Activated online. Not sure what else to try? Looking for help.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your unit is failing and the id numbers are not showing up you need to send it in for replacement or service . Call cuddeback Monday morning for an ra . It should have been receiving pics so your remote pics will be on the sd card in the cell home

If your unit is failing and the id numbers are not showing up you need to send it in for replacement or service . Call cuddeback Monday morning for an ra . It should have been receiving pics so your remote pics will be on the sd card in the cell home

Thanks John. I was afraid of that. Worst time of the year for it to break but it is what it is. I should be more focused on hunting than the cameras right now anyway I guess :)

Does the rebate for the free K camera come with the two pack now or do you have to wait to purchase after 11/22?

Here is something strange. I got to my place late last night and walked the food plots to pull card and I pulled the CL card so I could get better view of what the bucks looked like.
Plan was to put it back into the camera this morning.
Well, weird thing is that I didn't get the normal report or any pics at the usual 4am batch.
I put the card back in this morning and saw that the camera was still "armed".
Will the camera not throw you a report if there is no card on it?
Do you have to turn the camera off when taking out or switching cards?
Every camera needs a card in it to operate correctly, you can push any button to pause the cameras when swapping cards
Thanks John. Does it also need to be "armed" to send pics and/or report? Specifically, I moved the camera yesterday afternoon (and put it at waist high) to another food plot. I did a test and it was successful. I recieved a report at 4am this morning but no pics so I thought maybe there wasn't any deer show up. I checked the food plot at 3pm today before I left the property and there were 4 deer right in front of the camera.
So, I was surprised not to get pics sent to me at 6pm this evening. Then I started questioning whether I armed it yesterday or not but didn't think about it while at my property since I got a report at 4am this morning, even though it didn't have pics with it.

Well, I just looked and see that I got pics sent to me at 6pm yesterday and it was after I set the camera up. It caught me walking out after my hunt at 5:30. So, seems that it is armed but i don't know why i didn't get pics sent at 6pm today as I know there were deer there. Also, prior to moving the camera I had an issue of only getting reports because the camera did take pics. Thinking was it was up too high on the post. It is at waist high now. Is there a sensitivity level because the camera doesn't have a problem getting pictures of me.

Last edited:
Thanks John. I was afraid of that. Worst time of the year for it to break but it is what it is. I should be more focused on hunting than the cameras right now anyway I guess :)

You should be able to continue to use it as a standard home unit until you are ready to send it in . The link portion of the unit should still operate correctlyz

Does the rebate for the free K camera come with the two pack now or do you have to wait to purchase after 11/22?
It’s in the box

Thanks John. Does it also need to be "armed" to send pics and/or report? Specifically, I moved the camera yesterday afternoon (and put it at waist high) to another food plot. I did a test and it was successful. I recieved a report at 4am this morning but no pics so I thought maybe there wasn't any deer show up. I checked the food plot at 3pm today before I left the property and there were 4 deer right in front of the camera.
So, I was surprised not to get pics sent to me at 6pm this evening. Then I started questioning whether I armed it yesterday or not but didn't think about it while at my property since I got a report at 4am this morning, even though it didn't have pics with it.

Well, I just looked and see that I got pics sent to me at 6pm yesterday and it was after I set the camera up. It caught me walking out after my hunt at 5:30. So, seems that it is armed but i don't know why i didn't get pics sent at 6pm today as I know there were deer there. Also, prior to moving the camera I had an issue of only getting reports because the camera did take pics. Thinking was it was up too high on the post. It is at waist high now. Is there a sensitivity level because the camera doesn't have a problem getting pictures of me.
If it gets pictures of you it will get them of deer unless it’s set very high the camera can’t determine between a human or animal. It’s triggered by heat and motion. Easy way to test is to walk perpendicular to the camera at several distances and pull the card when you are done .

Just want to give everyone a heads up Cabela's has 10% off gift cards (today is the last day) if you'd like to save even more on the Black Friday deal. You would pay $270+ tax for 3 cameras....:emoji_scream:

The two packs will run on 4 d’s. Eventually all J cameras will but this will be a rolling change throughout 2020

Is this the case for the black Friday J camera deal?

Just want to give everyone a heads up Cabela's has 10% off gift cards (today is the last day) if you'd like to save even more on the Black Friday deal. You would pay $270+ tax for 3 cameras....:emoji_scream:

I didn't see the deal on Cabela's website. Maybe I missed it, or maybe they are waiting for Black Friday.

I didn't see the deal on Cabela's website. Maybe I missed it, or maybe they are waiting for Black Friday.
John said they would be on post 3,553. I imagine they won't advertise it until Nov 22 or closer to Black Friday.

I have just purchased the CuddeLink Dual Cell Starter Kit 2+1 Model 11414--which includes 1 CuddeLink Dual Cell, Model K-5789 & 2 CuddeLink IR Cameras, Model J-1415. I have created my account through the CuddeBack website, but I have run into a problem when trying to add the new device to my account. When using the Dual Cell K-Camera commands to locate the camera's ICCID# & IMEI#, the camera runs the command, then pops up with a blank ICCID#. If I keep scrolling on that screen, it gives the camera's IMEI# without any problems. However, I have tried everything which I know to try in order to troubleshoot the problem concerning the camera's ICCID#. Does anyone have any solutions or advice?

I have just purchased the CuddeLink Dual Cell Starter Kit 2+1 Model 11414--which includes 1 CuddeLink Dual Cell, Model K-5789 & 2 CuddeLink IR Cameras, Model J-1415. I have created my account through the CuddeBack website, but I have run into a problem when trying to add the new device to my account. When using the Dual Cell K-Camera commands to locate the camera's ICCID# & IMEI#, the camera runs the command, then pops up with a blank ICCID#. If I keep scrolling on that screen, it gives the camera's IMEI# without any problems. However, I have tried everything which I know to try in order to troubleshoot the problem concerning the camera's ICCID#. Does anyone have any solutions or advice?
you need to call cudde CS or exchange that pack for another one, without the ccid you wont be able to arm it . it does take a little time for it to come up with you pull it up.

John what is error 45? My buddy has this on 2 j cams

battery error , have him pull the batteries and put ALL NEW ones in, make sure the lcd screen is blank before inserting the new ones.

battery error , have him pull the batteries and put ALL NEW ones in, make sure the lcd screen is blank before inserting the new ones.

Just catching up on this thread as I was gone on my rutcation this past week. Congrats on a great buck!!

You put all the files that were in the zip on the root of your SD and it still won’t updat

open the text file that says map. It should tell you which one of the other 3 files is for your camera. Put just that file on your SD card.

I got it. Thanks for your help.

If it gets pictures of you it will get them of deer unless it’s set very high the camera can’t determine between a human or animal. It’s triggered by heat and motion. Easy way to test is to walk perpendicular to the camera at several distances and pull the card when you are done .
As a test, on Friday afternoon, the 15th, I moved the camera to a spot that has more activity. I made sure it was at waist high. Then on the same post, I put a wildgame cheapo camera to see what it may pick up.
As you can see, the CL camera had no problem taking pics of me but missed all the deer from the past 3 days.
The wildgame cam took a bunch of pictures and I've included some that I would say the CL certainly should have picked up.
I guess I need to get a replacement?

fd98d3e7239b5366b2529371ba571a52.jpg
039460c2ce8a6c02a8710688e9caa725.jpg
3d81b22b0b2bfda3484bb3e1c7fd0a21.jpg
b9866b78ab2e7af59daa9f0e921726ce.jpg
440b6f40cf87fdf97d6f41f1553d0537.jpg
1a463ad6005cdf3756884451b070d61e.jpg
38c12d53fc3d807d43c92a85a495231f.jpg
f490e920e9e85fe4ec1c02cd15c57bcf.jpg
f76500cd81fb309ed216c5c63cd50c93.jpg
61307f77fd851626c80f69bb903c4ef9.jpg
9649bcb338feaa5e2925cbe762f8bf88.jpg