Cuddeback's Cuddelink

When you say “a link of 2 with 36% signal“, what is the % of other 2nd link?

If it’s connecting via 1 link, that is the best of the 2 choices it had at that moment. The ping was returned via 1 link before it could go through a 2nd link.

There are two cameras roughly the same distance between the home camera and the furthest remote that read 36%. Both those two cameras read around 30-40%. How would I know which of those two cameras it's daisy chained to?

Anyone have a repeater and if so how long are you getting out of the battery life

There are two cameras roughly the same distance between the home camera and the furthest remote that read 36%. Both those two cameras read around 30-40%. How would I know which of those two cameras it's daisy chained to?
You don't know....it could change between them. The system won't handicap itself.

I thought you might know by layout.

The camera’s do not stay linked 24/7. They only connect or link when transmission is initiated. When that transmission is over, there is no link. On the next transmission, the mesh network configures best path all over. At time of report, whatever links it shows should be the best path at that moment. I think % shown is maybe a ping that is measured one time per day, in terms of % of a pre-defined bandwidth value. I think when you put camera in CL Level mode, it initiates a continuous ping that reads on display and when you leave this mode it discontinues the ping. This is my best guess anyway? My signals change all the time. The lower the % the bigger the effect and chance to lose ability to link effectively.

Last edited:
As I'm looking through the set up menu and go to Advance Mode settings, it gives an option of time for Delay and Lapse.
I'm use to setting up a delay between pics and I have seen cameras with time lapse set ups but I don't see anywhere in the settings menu where you can select either delayed motion pics or time lapse pics. I see you can set either of these to off, so does that mean one of them should be "off"?
What happens if both are set to a certain time? Will the camera take motion pics and then also time lapse pics?

As I'm looking through the set up menu and go to Advance Mode settings, it gives an option of time for Delay and Lapse.
I'm use to setting up a delay between pics and I have seen cameras with time lapse set ups but I don't see anywhere in the settings menu where you can select either delayed motion pics or time lapse pics. I see you can set either of these to off, so does that mean one of them should be "off"?
What happens if both are set to a certain time? Will the camera take motion pics and then also time lapse pics?

TL is to to take a picture at a certain frequency or time. TL does not require a detection. The Delay is the time between pictures (inc videos). With firmware 7.7 5 sec in lowest delay. Video setting not available if in Cuddelink Mode. TL and Delay are totally separate functions. You can set TL to take a picture once a day, once every 3 hrs or whatever or off. It will take a picture whether anything is detected or not. I have TL on most of mine set at 24hrs just to show me that the camera is still alive. You also have a D/N Image. That is the pictures per detection or burst. If you turn it off you will get no pictures with detection.

There are some differences in functions with firmware 7.7 and earlier versions. Search this thread for “Firmware 7.7”. John Volkman explained it better than I can.

Yeah the cam will take motion pics and timelapse. I have several cams set to take a 24 hr timelapse pic. The purpose is to let me know the cam is still there (not stolen or mauled by a bear) and functional. The delay is time between pics. I have mine all set to 5 sec. Firmware 7.6 or earlier allowed you to use FAP (fast as possible) as a delay setting. The problem was the images weren't all sent over the cuddelink network. The cam would take pics too quickly between triggers to send all of them, similar to having the cams set in burst mode as opposed to 1 image per trigger. Firmware 7.7 solves that issue. Firmware 7.7 also gives you a new timelapse setting for use on food plots, feed stations, etc. Its called primetime. I'm not sure on the specifics but it's been explained in this thread.

Just purchased 4 Dual Cell Cuddebacks and set them up yesterday. Got the Home camera linked up and synced the channels. Sent a test photo and it came through to both email and phone just fine. Remote cameras showed anywhere between 60 and 80 in the CC Link menu. After hanging the remote cameras I returned to the Home to check the Nodes and it only showed 1. Didn’t think too much of it as they say it can take up to a few hours to populate the network. Figured since the Remote cameras would show a CC Link number, they would connect. Received the first report this morning and it shows no sign of the Remote cameras. I’m sure it’s operator error, but anyone have insight as to why the remotes won’t connect to the home? Home unit is CL Mode Home CC Mode ON. Remote units are set to CL Mode Remote and the CC Mode is Disabled. All cameras are on the same channel.

Just purchased 4 Dual Cell Cuddebacks and set them up yesterday. Got the Home camera linked up and synced the channels. Sent a test photo and it came through to both email and phone just fine. Remote cameras showed anywhere between 60 and 80 in the CC Link menu. After hanging the remote cameras I returned to the Home to check the Nodes and it only showed 1. Didn’t think too much of it as they say it can take up to a few hours to populate the network. Figured since the Remote cameras would show a CC Link number, they would connect. Received the first report this morning and it shows no sign of the Remote cameras. I’m sure it’s operator error, but anyone have insight as to why the remotes won’t connect to the home? Home unit is CL Mode Home CC Mode ON. Remote units are set to CL Mode Remote and the CC Mode is Disabled. All cameras are on the same channel.
Do you have 4 dual cell ? Or 1 dual cell and 3 j caneraa

Then why do they have to option to be operated as Remote?
Interface is the similar in all cuddeback’s , in addition to that, once a dual cell has an Annual plan purchased , after t first year that unit can be used in any fashion. The cell plan purchase allows the dual cell to be sold at a much lower cost than it should be. It’s basically a $400 camera that is sold for $200.

Then why do they have to option to be operated as Remote?

Just get 4 plans. You won’t regret it. Makes life a lot simpler in regards to placements.

Interface is the similar in all cuddeback’s , in addition to that, once a dual cell has an Annual plan purchased , after t first year that unit can be used in any fashion. The cell plan purchase allows the dual cell to be sold at a much lower cost than it should be. It’s basically a $400 camera that is sold for $200.
That little tidbit about the dual cell being unlocked after the first year of paid cell service is game changing news to me John! I don't know how such an important fact has escaped my attention all along!?!

I did not know that after 1yr you could revert it as a remote. It was actually advertised that it would cost more for that option, but when I called CS to order it and that option was not available. A little late for me now, but I wish I had known that.

Last edited:
Just get 4 plans. You won’t regret it. Makes life a lot simpler in regards to placements.
In my opinion running four K cameras in solo (stand-alone) mode is the Cadillac of systems...

1) Save power without the Cuddelink overhead
2) Essentially real-time cell transmission of images
3) No restrictions on delay settings or burst mode images
4) No worry about clogging the CL system or losing connections
5) Option for larger scale (1MP and 5MP) cell transmitted images

once a dual cell has an Annual plan purchased , after t first year that unit can be used in any fashion.

This needs some major clarification! To further understand this, if I buy a plan at $120 a year for 750 photos a month, the camera is then unlocked to be "used in any fashion"? As in I can use it as a repeater or remote and not use it as a cellular home?? Does the cell plan have to stay active past that first year to stay unlocked?

In my opinion running four K cameras in solo (stand-alone) mode is the Cadillac of systems...

1) Save power without the Cuddelink overhead
2) Essentially real-time cell transmission of images
3) No restrictions on delay settings or burst mode images
4) No worry about clogging the CL system or losing connections
5) Option for larger scale (1MP and 5MP) cell transmitted images

Exactly! The best would be a Powerhouse K without the built in “Centered” zone control.

Exactly! The best would be a Powerhouse K without the built in “Centered” zone control.

Not for me. Part of the reason I went this way was up to 16 cameras for 1 low data plan. 4 solo K cameras and now I'm looking at $40 a month each for unlimited and that's only 2000 full size images. Sounds like a lot but it's only about 67 images a day.