All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Does anyone know if the cuddelink cap will work with the G-5024 Power House IR?

I just updated all of my cameras to 7.7 and unless I'm really missing something FAP is no longer an option in the settings and neither is a burst rate.

Was the Burst option deleted?

Just a fyi, when I was testing my cuddelink cams in the yard I had them set to 5 sec delay. They definitely took the second pic faster than 5 seconds. So if you're worried about missing anything with a follow up shot you probably won't. This was on firmware 7.6

Going with stated specs - a 3 pic burst at 1-2sec/ea and then a 5 sec Delay between Burst will relate to the Burst taking 12 pics vs 5 pics (5sec Delay) in 30 seconds. I have increased the quantity and quality of pictures 10X when I put Burst on 3.

A lot of times the first picture is taken in the dead zone before the field of view. Or either a nose or butt picture. At a distance of 10 ft, the FOV is only ~8ft. If 1st pic is in dead zone, in 5 sec the deer can leisurely walk across and out of FOV before next pic. Heck even at 25ft away, deer miraculously appear in middle of picture and the very next pic they are gone!

Going with stated specs - a 3 pic burst at 1-2sec/ea and then a 5 sec Delay between Burst will relate to the Burst taking 12 pics vs 5 pics (5sec Delay) in 30 seconds. I have increased the quantity and quality of pictures 10X when I put Burst on 3.

A lot of times the first picture is taken in the dead zone before the field of view. Or either a nose or butt picture. At a distance of 10 ft, the FOV is only ~8ft. If 1st pic is in dead zone, in 5 sec the deer can leisurely walk across and out of FOV before next pic. Heck even at 25ft away, deer miraculously appear in middle of picture and the very next pic they are gone!
if you want FAP And multiple images per trigger you would need to turn off cuddelink mode and go to each camera. Or do not update to 7.7 and you still will need to go to the camera when in cuddelink mode to retrieve images beyond the first image inside 5 seconds. Multiple images inside 5 second delays are not transmitted when using cuddelink. These are the limitations of the system , if they dont fit your needs you need to weigh what is more important to you, the many advantages of not having to physically go to each camera or the need to have multiple images taken inside of 5 seconds.
if we could wave a wand and make it accomplish everything everyone wanted in every possible conceivable way i would, but thats not the case.
Move your zone setting to centered will help(but not guarantee) you get the image you want in the center of the frame at any distance. Especially when using the g series.

if you want FAP And multiple images per trigger you would need to turn off cuddelink mode and go to each camera. Or do not update to 7.7 and you still will need to go to the camera when in cuddelink mode to retrieve images beyond the first image inside 5 seconds. Multiple images inside 5 second delays are not transmitted when using cuddelink. These are the limitations of the system , if they dont fit your needs you need to weigh what is more important to you, the many advantages of not having to physically go to each camera or the need to have multiple images taken inside of 5 seconds.
if we could wave a wand and make it accomplish everything everyone wanted in every possible conceivable way i would, but thats not the case.
Move your zone setting to centered will help(but not guarantee) you get the image you want in the center of the frame at any distance. Especially when using the g series.

Is Burst deleted?

Is Burst deleted?
if you want FAP And multiple images per trigger you would need to turn off cuddelink mode and go to each camera.
its not deleted , its disabled in CL mode.

if you want FAP And multiple images per trigger you would need to turn off cuddelink mode and go to each camera.
Thanks John

And if you have a one or two critical locations where you absolutely must have either FAP or burst, you need maximum ID potential (thumbnail, half res or full res), you want the data in near real time, and you don't want to disturb the area with intrusion then you should consider a K camera or two in stand alone cell mode. They're affordable and you will save the battery drain of the CL system, reduce the strain on your existing link system and you can have each and every image in your inbox within a few minutes. The more I use stand alone cell mode the more I've come to realize that I need a couple of K cameras for critical spots.

Good point FredG. I was thinking about this the other day. I have 2 bedding areas where the K cam in stand alone mode would be the best option. I'm just kicking my myself for not doing the trail cam trade in recently at Bass Pro. They could've been had for 149.99.... a great price.

anybody have trouble doing firmware update using Mac to copy to sd card? shows its on sd but in g cam say check sd card?

I seem to recall there is an aftermarket cell antenna that people are buying for there cell units. Does anyone have a link they can share?

anybody have trouble doing firmware update using Mac to copy to sd card? shows its on sd but in g cam say check sd card?
Don't have a mac, but I think I had to take the files out of the zip file and put them on the sd card. That fixed it.

unzip the files and it should work on a mac

Got a G series camera that won't stop taking pictures. Every 30 seconds and 16GB worth of images. Maxed the SD card and a set a 6 D batteries. I know I have seen this somewhere on the thread, but can't find.

Any suggestions? Or just pull and send to Cuddeback for repair?
Thanks all.

Got a G series camera that won't stop taking pictures. Every 30 seconds and 16GB worth of images. Maxed the SD card and a set a 6 D batteries. I know I have seen this somewhere on the thread, but can't find.

Any suggestions? Or just pull and send to Cuddeback for repair?
Thanks all.
Pull and send to cuddeback if it for sure isn't in lapse mode. I have had to send back 3 for the same issue. When calling customer service be sure to tell them it isn't in lapse mode or you will get to run through all the setti gs with them on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Upgraded all G camera and my home K last night with the latest firmware, no issues. I also changed to a 5 second delay just for fun. Most of mine are near trailers or entry points to food plots so I should get a crazy amount of pictures.

Love the cameras and just helped two coworkers purchase K cameras from cabelas during their trade in sale. 149.99 after trading in old not working camera!

In the text notes, included with unzipped files, the K model wasn't included for this update. I updated all my Gs yesterday but passed on the K. Sounds like the K accepted the update without issues. Good to know.