Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Not sure if angles are correct, but I used 55’ for Detection and 43’ for Field of View. The two different angles start ~1+ inches apart at camera face. Just a depiction of the increasing dead zone between FOV vs Detection. BDEED450-7B8E-4DA6-B7FC-915460EA295B.jpeg

My cell home is on a pole on the roof of my cabin. I don't know what could have done it, but both of the antennas that come out the top of the camera are tore up. I messed with them, trying to put the plastic part back over the wire, and now it isn't sending. I went to cuddeback site and they are sold out. Does anyone know where I can get the two antenna that come out the top of the cell home?
On page 133 of this thread there’s a link

Thanks John, You're a great asset to us that use this site. To be honest with you, I think the update will be necessary in the future in one way or the other just like the cell phone do it. IMO, trading multiple pic capability for Prime Time is not a good tradeoff. All PT does is save battery life and a number of networked pictures. What is the limitations of multiple pic capability? If the subsequent pics just go to the SD card and not networked what does it matter? I've bought 100's of dollars worth of external packs and batteries to deal with battery consumption. I cannot help but to believe there's more to it. Is the multiple pic capability causing a glitch, for instance the runaways? or increasing cell usage?

I can probably live without it, maybe.. Most people buy Cudde for the Link and most of the people that don't buy Cudde's are for the lack of pictures. Burst mode helps in that sense.

Will new cameras have capability to revert to lower revision?

This is my last reply on this issue.
new cameras shipping now wont have 7.7 in them it will be up to the user to update them, at some point in the future we will start shipping all cameras with 7.7.
it wasnt a trade for prime time, PT was an added feature that allows a user to run time lapse for a specific period during the day.
The Cuddelink system cant send multiple pics inside of a 5 second delay, that is the limitation. IF at some point the ability to do so changes we will update the firmware. As i posted earlier, the vast majority of people who are using cuddelink mode, want all images transmitted and expect them to be. We updated the firmware so all images get transmitted by mating the CL delay to the camera delay and disabling FAP and Burst when in cuddelink mode. It also makes it easier to set up since the consumer doesnt have to set CL delay anymore.
There is no glitch or increased cell usage. Removing FAP and burst mode helps us regarding customer service and saves us valuable time so we can help those with questions or issues. Constantly educating people on why they dont get all images transmitted when in burst mode is a burden on CS and it slows down the process. It also allows simplifies the set up process. and allows the report to be used more efficiently.
Like i said several times, if you want FAP or burst you can still use it out of cuddelink mode, you will have to physically go to the camera to retrieve the images which is no different than before we made this update. you dont have to update your cameras, - its a choice.
I have heard the lack of pictures comment on here before, i would challenge anyone to keep track of how many pictures other cameras get that are blank compared to cuddeback when running the same delay setting (Cuddeback almost always have an animal in them), total picture count is not a true barometer of how the camera is performing , especially when a majority of them are blank. We test other brands of cameras constantly , we have a pretty good idea on how we perform against the competition. Im not going to name names, but we are testing multiple samples of a certain cell cam that is selling well right now and the amount of blank images is staggering!
Again i feel like im beating a dead horse on this firmware update so this will be my last post regarding 7.7.

Ok. I got a cell booster at camp so I have great cell coverage inside my cabin. Still testing but signal drops off outside substantially. Anyway I am thinking about getting a cell home unit to put in cabin and then put a camera outside to act as a repeater so it would relay pics from remote cameras to the cell home. Anyone see any issues with that?
depending on how far your first remote is you may not even need one outside as a repeater, many people including myself have run a cell home unit inside a home with the first remote camera hundreds of yards away.

Yes you can add the booster to the cell home
What connection does it have? Is it like the G or J?

depending on how far your first remote is you may not even need one outside as a repeater, many people including myself have run a cell home unit inside a home with the first remote camera hundreds of yards away.

Thanks John. Would a cell home get better battery life than the cell camera? Didn’t know if you had done any testing? Initial cost is about the same. Since it will be in a cabin I obviously don’t need it to take pics.

Thanks John. Would a cell home get better battery life than the cell camera? Didn’t know if you had done any testing? Initial cost is about the same. Since it will be in a cabin I obviously don’t need it to take pics.
they are similar , The Dual cell takes 6 D's where the cell home only takes 4 . Both can take a 3358 booster as long as you buy the new version which has cables for all cuddelink units inside the box.
you can turn the camera function off on the dual cell if you prefer. the dual cell requires a plan to operate where as the cell home can be used as a home unit or a repeater without a plan when the plan is inactive. I do know some dealers who have cell homes that would sell them for a discounted price. PM me if interested.

Two new cameras, K and a J. Both on 7.7 CL signal on remote J was 22 when setup and deployed on the property, which was 2 days ago. I received a total of 27 images yesterday with the report showing 16 on J, 27 on Home. This morning I wake up with a report showing 21 on remote, 33 on home, but I only received one photo to my Gmail inbox. Any one had a similar issue?

I absolutely love this system, but within the last few weeks of testing at home, and now in the woods, I still can't seem to get the report to reflect the photos emailed, or lack there of. Originally I had CL delay setup incorrectly, and 7.7 has since solved that issue for me.

How about this for the very first deployment of our cuddlink system!
Note the time stamps.T_00008.JPGT_00009.JPG

Two new cameras, K and a J. Both on 7.7 CL signal on remote J was 22 when setup and deployed on the property, which was 2 days ago. I received a total of 27 images yesterday with the report showing 16 on J, 27 on Home. This morning I wake up with a report showing 21 on remote, 33 on home, but I only received one photo to my Gmail inbox. Any one had a similar issue?

I absolutely love this system, but within the last few weeks of testing at home, and now in the woods, I still can't seem to get the report to reflect the photos emailed, or lack there of. Originally I had CL delay setup incorrectly, and 7.7 has since solved that issue for me.

How about this for the very first deployment of our cuddlink system!
Note the time stamps.View attachment 25982View attachment 25983
the home images includes images recieved from all remotes and images taken by the home camera, so your first report was correct and if any images were in que when report was built they would also show on the home and remotes but wouldn't have been emailed yet.

the home images includes images recieved from all remotes and images taken by the home camera, so your first report was correct and if any images were in que when report was built they would also show on the home and remotes but wouldn't have been emailed yet.
Makes sense. Uploaded are my two reports. I believe I am missing 5 photos as I only got 1 emailed.Screenshot_20190901-115312~2.pngScreenshot_20190901-115323.png

Last edited:
If I don’t like this firmware update is it possible to go back to 7.6? I still have the ZIP files.
It should be possible to go back on these incremental firmware upgrades... one of the few brands that allows it. The problem would be if there is something else vital in this current upgrade that we don't know about.
Just a note to confirm for sure that you can go back to a previous version of the firmware if you just can't get along with v.7.7 and the loss of FAP and burst modes while linked. I was able to update from v7.5 to v7.7 and reverse that back to v7.5, and then re-update to v7.7 without any problems. So no one should fear updating to v7.7 and giving it a go without the ability to go back if you can't live with the restrictions. Personally, I think the new (and very much appreciated) Prime Time mode is well worth the upgrade and I can get by perfectly fine with only having FAP and/or burst in stand-alone mode.

I have the J series with solar panels and I’m getting error code 45. Is there anywhere the error codes are listed

I have the J series with solar panels and I’m getting error code 45. Is there anywhere the error codes are listed
that is a battery error, try removing the batteries for 5 minutes and put another set in , make sure they are inserted correctly when putting them in, if after a couple attempts this doesnt work you would need to send the camera in. you can also try another battery pack on it if you want to take the time to do so.
Error codes are for internal use only so they dont publish them.

this may be why you are seeing a lapse. depending on when they are taken and then recieved by the home unit. Couple that with the signal you have on the remote is borderline low. Since you are only running 2 cameras for now you could change your setting to batch 5 and see if it changes things. I am assuming that they are all being sent but the delay or gap is what is making it appear you ar emailing some, especially since your day 1 math works out. .

that is a battery error, try removing the batteries for 5 minutes and put another set in , make sure they are inserted correctly when putting them in, if after a couple attempts this doesnt work you would need to send the camera in. you can also try another battery pack on it if you want to take the time to do so.
John if he left alkaline batteries in camera would he get same code. Just a thought.

My cell home is on a pole on the roof of my cabin. I don't know what could have done it, but both of the antennas that come out the top of the camera are tore up. I messed with them, trying to put the plastic part back over the wire, and now it isn't sending. I went to cuddeback site and they are sold out. Does anyone know where I can get the two antenna that come out the top of the cell home?
I have 2 of the standard antennas from when I swapped them out with the high gain antennas. Or you can order the high gain antennas from here: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/taoglas-limited/TG.30.8111/931-1209-ND/3724552

This happened to me, test the cam with regular batteries if it works then your rechargeable batteries have gone bad. That’s what happened to me no matter how long I charged it they wouldn’t work. I had to order more. Leave the batteries out for a few to reset it then try what I suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are similar , The Dual cell takes 6 D's where the cell home only takes 4 . Both can take a 3358 booster as long as you buy the new version which has cables for all cuddelink units inside the box.
you can turn the camera function off on the dual cell if you prefer. the dual cell requires a plan to operate where as the cell home can be used as a home unit or a repeater without a plan when the plan is inactive. I do know some dealers who have cell homes that would sell them for a discounted price. PM me if interested.

I’d like to note from experience. Cuddeback is just now shipping the new cables as I bought two boosters this past week and neither had the new cable which is a let down when the website says the k and g series is compatible with the 3358. I called and they took care of me and also said they are just now including the new cable with the booster so if you are ordering from amazon I wouldn’t expect to get the new cable for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk