Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Same boat here. Im not getting many pics right now either. Deer are just not moving much. I need to lower some settings. But come fall it will be a whole different story. Everything's working great, just have some tweaking and experimenting. Every different camera set requires some thinking. One size doesn't fit all. I can see this is gonna be addictive. The first thing I do when I wake up is look at morning report!

Which camera model number are you referring to Dual Flash Cell Home?

Probably the K-5680 (functions with or without a cell plan) or the K-5789 (must have a cell plan to operate).

Probably the K-5680 (functions with or without a cell plan) or the K-5789 (must have a cell plan to operate).

When I ordered my cameras a few months ago, (per Cudde customer service) the 5680 model wasn’t available?

The key if you are in marginal cell service is to make sure you have high gain antennas , put the cell unit in the best possible location on the property and be aware of weather conditions.
High humidity and leaf cover will restrict the cuddelink rf signal but this will improve dramatically in low humidity and after leaf fall. We are approaching the most challenging time of year which is July and August , if you have a good signal this time of year it will only improve during other periods of the year.

John,

First let me say that is nice to see you posting again. My questions is...I had three G series cameras report EXT = Low! (They have the original 6 D battery booster packs hooked up). When I go to properties and look at the external battery voltages it looks like the EXT = Low is triggered somewhere around 7.3 and 7.4 volts. I replaced the batteries and measured the 6 D batteries that I took out in series (end to end) and they measure around the 7.3 to 7.4 level. Do you know at what battery voltage the camera will switch over to the internal batteries? It seems like a huge waste of batteries to be replacing batteries that are at 7.3 volts and the EXT = Low report comes back, considering 6 new D batteries are only 9.0 volts.

If this is a better question for CS then I understand, but just thought I would ask here first before calling CS.

Thanks...........

When I ordered my cameras a few months ago, (per Cudde customer service) the 5680 model wasn’t available?

They have a cell plan that allows you suspend service. And the 5789 would be 200 cheaper. If I wasn’t going to use a cell plan I probably would not get either. I believe the Powerhouse cameras are better.

John,

First let me say that is nice to see you posting again. My questions is...I had three G series cameras report EXT = Low! (They have the original 6 D battery booster packs hooked up). When I go to properties and look at the external battery voltages it looks like the EXT = Low is triggered somewhere around 7.3 and 7.4 volts. I replaced the batteries and measured the 6 D batteries that I took out in series (end to end) and they measure around the 7.3 to 7.4 level. Do you know at what battery voltage the camera will switch over to the internal batteries? It seems like a huge waste of batteries to be replacing batteries that are at 7.3 volts and the EXT = Low report comes back, considering 6 new D batteries are only 9.0 volts.

If this is a better question for CS then I understand, but just thought I would ask here first before calling CS.

Thanks...........

They have a cell plan that allows you suspend service. And the 5789 would be 200 cheaper. If I wasn’t going to use a cell plan I probably would not get either. I believe the Powerhouse cameras are better.
When you say powerhouse cameras do you mean the G cameras and the new dual cell with the optional powerhouse flash?

When you say powerhouse cameras do you mean the G cameras and the new dual cell with the optional powerhouse flash?

Yes, It’s called a Powerhouse. Can get it in different flash configurations. I have 3 with Blackflash. (I have different flashes ordered to test). Normally BF have a diminished range, but this one is pretty close to my IR.

Yes, It’s called a Powerhouse. Can get it in different flash configurations. I have 3 with Blackflash. (I have different flashes ordered to test). Normally BF have a diminished range, but this one is pretty close to my IR.
I don't use the Dual Flash Cell as a camera as it's 20 ft up a tree to get a good LTE signal. I bought all my G series as dual flash though just because I could get them pretty cheap on ebay from time to time. I switched all but 1 to double barrel strobe just because I like the color night pictures. The one I kept as dual flash is set to near and it still washes out some pictures.

Yes that is the G camera, I have 1 IR and 1 in Black Flash but just bought another Powerhouse IR module to swap out on my black flash one. The IR powerhouse flash is quite a bit brighter than the black flash powerhouse. The powerhouse flash modules will also for the new dual cell K camera.

I don't use the Dual Flash Cell as a camera as it's 20 ft up a tree to get a good LTE signal. I bought all my G series as dual flash though just because I could get them pretty cheap on ebay from time to time. I switched all but 1 to double barrel strobe just because I like the color night pictures. The one I kept as dual flash is set to near and it still washes out some pictures.

I have one ordered. Have you noticed any battery consumption difference with the strobe? More light= more battery power.
That’s why it’s good to have the N/Delay option.

POWERHOUSE MODELS
DUAL FLASH
BF 28-950nm leds or IR 28-850nm leds

IR FLASH
56- 850nm leds

BLACKFLASH
BF 56- 940nm leds

STROBE
1” Xenon

K-Model 5789 DUAL
BF 28-940nm leds or IR 28-850nm leds

I have one ordered. Have you noticed any battery consumption difference with the strobe? More light= more battery power.

POWERHOUSE MODELS
DUAL FLASH

IR FLASH
56- 850nm leds

BLACKFLASH
BF 56- 940nm leds

STROBE
1” Xenon

K-Model 5789 DUAL
No I haven’t noticed any different in power consumption at all.

No I haven’t noticed any different in power consumption at all.

Comparing a night pic vs a day pic from my same camera. Night(Blackflash) =1.7mb vs Day=72kb. That’s 1700kb difference! Equates 24 day pics for 1 night picture. That not only takes more space on SD card but more power to take pic and also transmit thru system. There’s a power price to pay for quality and quantity.

POWERHOUSE MODELS
DUAL FLASH

IR FLASH
56- 850nm leds

BLACKFLASH
BF 56- 940nm leds

STROBE
1” Xenon

K-Model 5789 DUAL

I haven't noticed any difference in battery life and when that strobe goes off it lights up the woods. I also haven't noticed a difference in deer patterns because of the strobe flash. This pic is another camera catching one of the strobes going off in the middle of the nights.

Attachments

• 59961177_10157560445839887_1233568242962792448_n.jpg
    59961177_10157560445839887_1233568242962792448_n.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 39
I haven't noticed any difference in battery life and when that strobe goes off it lights up the woods. I also haven't noticed a difference in deer patterns because of the strobe flash. This pic is another camera catching one of the strobes going off in the middle of the nights.

LOL, I saw that before! Man that lights up the woods! Should be some super nice nite pics!

Do you have that picture from strobe camera. I see a deer in there!

Do you have that picture from strobe camera. I see a deer in there!
Probably not. Unless it’s a buck or something really interesting I delete everything.

Probably not. Unless it’s a buck or something really interesting I delete everything.

Can’t wait to test the Strobe. You’ll be able to see that flash from the space shuttle.

Can’t wait to test the Strobe. You’ll be able to see that flash from the space shuttle.
I walked by one going to a stand. I couldn’t believe just how bright it was.

Yes that is the G camera, I have 1 IR and 1 in Black Flash but just bought another Powerhouse IR module to swap out on my black flash one. The IR powerhouse flash is quite a bit brighter than the black flash powerhouse. The powerhouse flash modules will also for the new dual cell K camera.