Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John, so I went to update the firmware on my cameras like you suggested and found out what the problem was with that one camera that was on the morning report but not available online. Something ate it !!! Camera seems okay except for the antenna. I just ordered a new one from the cuddeback website. It said Link Tx on the screen and was stuck that way until I took the batteries out and reinstalled them. Thanks again for your help. Oh, I checked the card. No pictures of the perpetrator just the camera falling off the tree lol.

View attachment 31265View attachment 31266View attachment 31267View attachment 31268
link tx means it was in the process of sending images to the home unit.

link tx means it was in the process of sending images to the home unit.
I figured it was something like that. I just thought the whole a bear ate my camera thing being the problem was kinda funny. Thanks again.

John, so I went to update the firmware on my cameras like you suggested and found out what the problem was with that one camera that was on the morning report but not available online. Something ate it !!! Camera seems okay except for the antenna. I just ordered a new one from the cuddeback website. It said Link Tx on the screen and was stuck that way until I took the batteries out and reinstalled them. Thanks again for your help. Oh, I checked the card. No pictures of the perpetrator just the camera falling off the tree lol.

View attachment 31265View attachment 31266View attachment 31267View attachment 31268
thanks for following up, ive had deer chew on them a lot in some areas but whatever that was took it to another level, hopefully the new antenna will get you up and running.

Just wanted to say thank you to John and everyone. Have stalked these threads for awhile. Setup my first 5 cameras today and everything works great. Got my first deer picture in the first hour and happy to not have to drive 1:30 to see pictures anymore.

T_00001.JPG

Curious if I have lost my mind or am just dense. Have all my cameras on 8.0.1 and cannot find burst mode. Has it been taken out with the update?

Curious if I have lost my mind or am just dense. Have all my cameras on 8.0.1 and cannot find burst mode. Has it been taken out with the update?
it was removed a few versions ago. the fastest delay with all images sent home is 5 seconds, if you want more images saved to the card you can switch to surveillance mode and run the delay at FAP but know that you will not get all images sent home , you will get about 1 of 4-5 images actually sent home. IT was removed because there was to much confusion with users not understanding why all images dint make it home. Under the new firmware they all make it but 5 seconds and 1 image per trigger is the max. .

it was removed a few versions ago. the fastest delay with all images sent home is 5 seconds, if you want more images saved to the card you can switch to surveillance mode and run the delay at FAP but know that you will not get all images sent home , you will get about 1 of 4-5 images actually sent home. IT was removed because there was to much confusion with users not understanding why all images dint make it home. Under the new firmware they all make it but 5 seconds and 1 image per trigger is the max. .
thanks... Also another question because instructions are not clear.... Trying to charge pw-3600 solar panel before i put it out. I have the charger, doesnt say where to plug it in, I assume the battery output on the back of the solar panel?

thanks... Also another question because instructions are not clear.... Trying to charge pw-3600 solar panel before i put it out. I have the charger, doesnt say where to plug it in, I assume the battery output on the back of the solar panel?
with the 3600 just set it out on the sun for a couple days and it should charge up for you. you dont even need to plug it in. After a day or two of full sun you can plug it into the camera.

@john volkman

Couple quick questions, and I apologize if this has already been answered - but I did not easily find anything trying a couple of searches....

What is the ideal setting for Zone Control? Wide or Centered? I recently changed everything to "Centered" and now I am getting pics of animal as they are leaving the field of vision...(See below)

T9500001-1.jpg

Also, for the PW-3600...there are two spots to plug in the 7.2 Volt NiMH Battery. Is there any benefit to having a battery installed in both locations?

Again, I apologize if you already answered these questions...Thanks.

@john volkman

Couple quick questions, and I apologize if this has already been answered - but I did not easily find anything trying a couple of searches....

What is the ideal setting for Zone Control? Wide or Centered? I recently changed everything to "Centered" and now I am getting pics of animal as they are leaving the field of vision...(See below)

View attachment 31360

Also, for the PW-3600...there are two spots to plug in the 7.2 Volt NiMH Battery. Is there any benefit to having a battery installed in both locations?

Again, I apologize if you already answered these questions...Thanks.
i like wide unless you are using a 9004 centered fresnel lens, the wide fresnel lens comes stock on all cameras. . The extra plug in the panel is for another battery , you can add another for even more extended life but in most cases it isnt needed.

I am having problems with my phone downloading pictures sent to my email. I never had a problem until I updated my iPhone to the current software. I’m certain this is a cellphone problem and not a cuddeback issue. For the past year pictures sent to my phone would load up in seconds in my email. Now it is taking several minutes to load pictures, like 15-20 minutes that’s even if they all upload. Most times I have to clear out of my email and go back into it several times for it to finally upload all of my pictures. Has anyone else had this problem or know any troubleshooting ideas to fix this? I have an iPhone 8 thru AT&T.

The only problem I constantly have had is I cannot receive all the pictures lots of times via text. It'll say "The remaining parts were removed as it exceeded the limit size of MMS.". I have AT&T as well- it's a problem on their side which I gave up on..I just look at the email. I have had what you're describing happen with pictures..can't recall if it was ever with the cam ones. Rebooting the phone helped, but I've got an Android.

The only problem I constantly have had is I cannot receive all the pictures lots of times via text. It'll say "The remaining parts were removed as it exceeded the limit size of MMS.". I have AT&T as well- it's a problem on their side which I gave up on..I just look at the email. I have had what you're describing happen with pictures..can't recall if it was ever with the cam ones. Rebooting the phone helped, but I've got an Android.
one way to try and alleviate this is to lower your batch count. note that if you do, this can bog down your network if you have a high number of cameras taking a large amount of images so experiment until you find a number that works.

one way to try and alleviate this is to lower your batch count. note that if you do, this can bog down your network if you have a high number of cameras taking a large amount of images so experiment until you find a number that works.

If that's the "cell rate" I have it set at 1 hour. Will try 5 pics but I've gotten that MMS error with less than that. Yet last night for example all 7 taken came thru just fine. Family that have Verizon have never had any problems getting all the same pics. AT&T wasn't much help..maybe I should switch. My phone at the time wouldn't work with Verizon though(Sony Xperia).

the best option is the PW-3594 4 d pack on the camera and then a #3358 booster plugged into it. you should be able find those at a dealer or online. The 6 d pack will work but if you hook a booster to it it wont show up on your report.
I have question? I have this setup above. Was wondering what to change on camera as far as battery setup do we change camera setting to Internal or external battery's?

the best option is the PW-3594 4 d pack on the camera and then a #3358 booster plugged into it. you should be able find those at a dealer or online. The 6 d pack will work but if you hook a booster to it it wont show up on your report.
I have question? I have this setup above. Was wondering what to change on camera as far as battery setup do we change camera setting to Internal or external battery's?
you always want the setting to match what is Inside the camera... so if the camera has a 4 pack attached to it , you would choose 4d

Anyone have the link to the Rayovac D's on Ebay. Can only find the 105 for $105 (price could of gone up) Also anyone have experience with the Tenergy D's? Can get 96 for $80

I have seen them on sale at Menards in the past for cheaper than that. Currently with the rebate, it works out to be cheaper, but of course you have to fill out the rebate forms.

https://www.menards.com/main/electr...aline-batteries/813-12ppd/p-1444443227757.htm
I'm no mathematical genius but those are more expensive. $1.12 per battery compared to $1 or less each

@john volkman Want to make sure I understand surveillance mode correct...as I am a bit confused by the Cuddeback website and what you stated. First, this write up (https://www.cuddeback.com/products/surveillance) led me to believe that the endless loop recording is constantly taking pictures - regardless of motion detection. However, after reading what you wrote here, I am now led to believe that it will take pics as FAP with motion detection. I'm debating about changing one of my cameras to surveillance mode, but am Leary I would get a billion false-positive if the first scenario is correct.