Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I understand being able to clear the queue remotely. I don't want to do that as I'd lose 3 weeks of pics. Was just wondering if there was a settings tweak somewhere that would push the backlogged pics through the system quicker than hourly.
batch 30 is the most efficient you are going o have a hard time catching up with that volume , the only other change you can make is to increase the delay on the cameras so the new images coming in slow down.

batch 30 is the most efficient you are going o have a hard time catching up with that volume , the only other change you can make is to increase the delay on the cameras so the new images coming in slow down.

10-4

Already changed the delay. Thanks for your help

If you go to Advanced Settings and turn the home day and night delay to off, will that speed the picture sending up?

If you go to Advanced Settings and turn the home day and night delay to off, will that speed the picture sending up?
it wont necessarily speed it up but it will allow the que to get emptied faster without more images filling it in. turning the camera delay off on your cell unit would have the most noticeable effect.

john, so im clear not to mix lithiums with alkaline now.... For J cameras you recommend not using any internal AA batteries even alkaline ones? just hook it straight up to a booster? If so can i ask why there is no benefit to using 12 AA along with the 6 Ds?

john, so im clear not to mix lithiums with alkaline now.... For J cameras you recommend not using any internal AA batteries even alkaline ones? just hook it straight up to a booster? If so can i ask why there is no benefit to using 12 AA along with the 6 Ds?
you can but you dont gain much because they run concurrent since both are at 9 volts and aa's cost more in the long run. So i would leave empty or pick up the 4 d pack for the camera and replace the aa pack, that way it will run on the external first then switch to the internals when they die. you will also see this on your report. The 4 pack will pay for it self in a year since you will save money , time and gas when running that set up with D's. This is why by 2021 we will be only shipping units with 4 d internal batteries and the boosters will be 6 d. This will be much easier for consumers to understand and the performance is better as well.

you can but you dont gain much because they run concurrent since both are at 9 volts and aa's cost more in the long run. So i would leave empty or pick up the 4 d pack for the camera and replace the aa pack, that way it will run on the external first then switch to the internals when they die. you will also see this on your report. The 4 pack will pay for it self in a year since you will save money , time and gas when running that set up with D's. This is why by 2021 we will be only shipping units with 4 d internal batteries and the boosters will be 6 d. This will be much easier for consumers to understand and the performance is better as well.

I do not see a 4 pack, the J Camera D Battery Adapter Model 3495 says it takes 6. Is this a better option yet? I ordered 3 of those.

I do not see a 4 pack, the J Camera D Battery Adapter Model 3495 says it takes 6. Is this a better option yet? I ordered 3 of those.
the best option is the PW-3594 4 d pack on the camera and then a #3358 booster plugged into it. you should be able find those at a dealer or online. The 6 d pack will work but if you hook a booster to it it wont show up on your report.

im not too concerned with being able to see the external vs the internal just looking for maximum battery life. I think Ill just stick with the 6 pack since i can get them faster through amazon as i need them quickly. Thanks John

Does that mean they won't be making the dual battery packs any longer?

Does that mean they won't be making the dual battery packs any longer?
the dual power bank is up in the air for 2021. they have a good supply now so they wont run out anytime soon but they are trying to simplify battery options for the future.

I’m having a couple of issues with my CuddeLink setup and was wondering if someone could help. I have 4 G series cameras and a K series dual cell. The first issue is signal strength on camera 4. When I setup the network it shows a signal strength of 99 which I’m assuming is because it is daisy chaining off the next closest camera but then the signal drops off into the 20’s on the reports and sometimes the camera doesn’t even show up. Is there any way to keep it daisy chained instead of it trying to connect to the home camera. The other issue is cameras bogging down with pictures but I’ve read a few posts and am going to try increasing the batch size and so forth. 59ECA61B-887F-49E8-B24C-5A3DF4D24F53.png

I’m having a couple of issues with my CuddeLink setup and was wondering if someone could help. I have 4 G series cameras and a K series dual cell. The first issue is signal strength on camera 4. When I setup the network it shows a signal strength of 99 which I’m assuming is because it is daisy chaining off the next closest camera but then the signal drops off into the 20’s on the reports and sometimes the camera doesn’t even show up. Is there any way to keep it daisy chained instead of it trying to connect to the home camera. The other issue is cameras bogging down with pictures but I’ve read a few posts and am going to try increasing the batch size and so forth. View attachment 31219
your signal strength is fine, the system determines the most efficient way to get the images home and will always go direct if possible not need to be concerned with the strengths you have and only one link.You cant face to to take a certain route. Increasing your batch size or going to an hour setting for cell transmission will help keep the ques clear. The next time you are at your cameras update the firmware to 8.1 on all of them.

I’m having a couple of issues with my CuddeLink setup and was wondering if someone could help. I have 4 G series cameras and a K series dual cell. The first issue is signal strength on camera 4. When I setup the network it shows a signal strength of 99 which I’m assuming is because it is daisy chaining off the next closest camera but then the signal drops off into the 20’s on the reports and sometimes the camera doesn’t even show up. Is there any way to keep it daisy chained instead of it trying to connect to the home camera. The other issue is cameras bogging down with pictures but I’ve read a few posts and am going to try increasing the batch size and so forth. View attachment 31219
Your battery days are not increasing on number 4, so I’d say they are dead or making bad connection. What make batteries?

Your battery days are not increasing on number 4, so I’d say they are dead or making bad connection. What make batteries?
What does your online report say.

your signal strength is fine, the system determines the most efficient way to get the images home and will always go direct if possible not need to be concerned with the strengths you have and only one link.You cant face to to take a certain route. Increasing your batch size or going to an hour setting for cell transmission will help keep the ques clear. The next time you are at your cameras update the firmware to 8.1 on all of them.
Thanks for the reply. Sometimes camera 4 won’t show up in the online report or in device settings. I was thinking it was because the signal strength was dipping below the 20 threshold and not linking through the next closest camera. Any ideas? I know in previous posts you have said to go by the report sent by the camera not the online one but it’s not showing up in the settings either. Thanks again for the help.
27ECCE69-BB8C-41D8-923F-F6DC0E99717E.pngF596F2A7-18A6-4EA8-90F4-AC0F71123E0B.png

I did notice the battery days thing too. They are Duracell. They weren’t dead Thursday I checked the camera when I was back there hanging a stand. But looking at today’s report the battery days didn’t change on any of the cameras. So I’m not sure what’s going on. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Sometimes camera 4 won’t show up in the online report or in device settings. I was thinking it was because the signal strength was dipping below the 20 threshold and not linking through the next closest camera. Any ideas? I know in previous posts you have said to go by the report sent by the camera not the online one but it’s not showing up in the settings either. Thanks again for the help.
View attachment 31239View attachment 31240
yes the emailed report is the most accurate , the camera should stay connected below 20 , but if it would drop below 0 then it would drop off the report. Do you have any neighbors using cuddelink that the camera could be connecting with their network? i would update to 8.1 when you can.

Thanks, sounds good.

John, so I went to update the firmware on my cameras like you suggested and found out what the problem was with that one camera that was on the morning report but not available online. Something ate it !!! Camera seems okay except for the antenna. I just ordered a new one from the cuddeback website. It said Link Tx on the screen and was stuck that way until I took the batteries out and reinstalled them. Thanks again for your help. Oh, I checked the card. No pictures of the perpetrator just the camera falling off the tree lol.

DC9B963B-C415-44E2-911E-B6F0F9D102E6.jpeg8F39C8DD-5C3A-4A82-A32C-CDFDB013AB65.jpegC2786865-5FDC-4824-84F4-56D0BDD8297F.jpeg4F60BBF2-1F49-4EAA-83D8-C1F8E69E9306.jpeg