Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Unfortunately it didn’t take any pictures in the two days but
389f50f4aa16e6ebb022da1b85c0f7b5.jpg
You can probably pull springs out, but most likely it will happen again. I’ve read others had same problem. If it’s not warrantied, you can buy battery springs and parts on internet.

Spoke to cs and they are sending me one hope it helps but does t explain the repeater having the issue with power too I see they are 6v unlike the camera that is 9v can the solar panel they sell be used to charge rechargeable batteries in it? I see the cable will not work with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neither does mine on the dual cell however on the home/cell non camera unit it does. Makes me question if its functioning.

here is my exif data from a picture that was just sent. I have been running the same set of batteries in this dual cell since 6/14/2019. I'm pretty happy with it, plus i have 3 remote cameras.
D=6/14/2019,LD=89,BT=15,RD=88,LH=0,LI=3609,BL=8076,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=89,BI=12587,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,LO=001,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

If you don’t mind what do each of these abbreviations stand for?

If you don’t mind what do each of these abbreviations stand for?

BL= Battery Load Test (this is the battery voltage I rely on. This will vary, may even go up a little. You battery status on report may go up and down as well)
BP=Battery % (disregard this. Your batteries will die at about 1.1v per cell)
BD= Battery days (if you pull them out and put them right back in, this will reset)
BI= Battery images (based on avg Kb size of pic- not individual pic count)
LI= Lifetime images
RD=Run day’s

The other acronym’s are what you set your camera on.

Spoke to cs and they are sending me one hope it helps but does t explain the repeater having the issue with power too I see they are 6v unlike the camera that is 9v can the solar panel they sell be used to charge rechargeable batteries in it? I see the cable will not work with it

Please describe which camera and setup you are using, including batteries.

Please describe which camera and setup you are using, including batteries.

J series with with ebl rechargeable
That I charged fully prior to putting them in
The cell home has amazon basic rechargeable

you need low discharge 10000mah rechargebables if you want them to operate correctly , i would not use rechargeables unless you incorporate the solar panel. if you are charging the batteries in the camera be sure to remove the battery pack form he camera when doing so.

you need low discharge 10000mah rechargebables if you want them to operate correctly , i would not use rechargeables unless you incorporate the solar panel. if you are charging the batteries in the camera be sure to remove the battery pack form he camera when doing so.

They d’s are I did make the mistake of buying the energizer that are 2500
But the aa are 2300
But is it ok to hook the cab solar to the home I called they said yes and I bought one then realized it won’t because it has the wrong plug on it and it says it’s 6v not 9v like the cameras

But the aa are 2300
But is it ok to hook the cab solar to the home I called they said yes and I bought one then realized it won’t because it has the wrong plug on it and it says it’s 6v not 9v like the cameras

i would switch to a good regular alkaline like the rayovac high energy and see what you performance is, if you want to run solar on a home unit you will need the aa adapter to use the aa rechargeable batteries , you will essentially have 3 parts, the home unit, the adapter and the solar panel. the picture shows a powerhouse g series but the home would work the same way. 1572436211385.png

i would switch to a good regular alkaline like the rayovac high energy and see what you performance is, if you want to run solar on a home unit you will need the aa adapter to use the aa rechargeable batteries , you will essentially have 3 parts, the home unit, the adapter and the solar panel. the picture shows a powerhouse g series but the home would work the same way. View attachment 26859
Batteries are the culprit 99% of the time. Good Alkaline’s have about 8x’s more capacity than AA’s. I would bet that the store bought solar system’s and/rechargeable’s will only work out for a small number of people with a small amount of pics. With my camera’s running 130+ days on Akaline’s, I won’t be going back to rechargeable’s.

Attachments

• 07D243BB-AE6A-45DA-863E-56D1C4B9A560.jpeg
    07D243BB-AE6A-45DA-863E-56D1C4B9A560.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 15
But the aa are 2300

i would switch to a good regular alkaline like the rayovac high energy and see what you performance is, if you want to run solar on a home unit you will need the aa adapter to use the aa rechargeable batteries , you will essentially have 3 parts, the home unit, the adapter and the solar panel. the picture shows a powerhouse g series but the home would work the same way. View attachment 26859

Ok thanks when I called cuddeback they said the solar would connect to the home and that I could put rechargeables in it but when I got the solar panel it obviously doesn’t fit. So adding the power bank does that step down the power to the 6 volts? And I’ve tested my solar panel from cb and it puts out 12 volts

The second strobe can fire immediately (limited by the delay time chosen of course) and the capacitor on the first flash will take 20 to 30 seconds to recharge and be ready to fire again. It's good practice to close your PIR down to narrow on a G camera... unnecessary on a K, to avoid wasting a strobe charge on a premature (out of field) detection.
Fred, I just got around to testing the DB Strobe. Surprisingly, it actually didn’t drop voltage nearly as much as the Blackflash. I'm anxious to see some colored night pictures. I moved one camera to cover a fox hole that had a lot fresh dirt a few days ago, but unfortunately it has rained everyday for a week. I am hoping it is the weather system, because my picture count has decreased dramatically on all my camera's.

Calling John and other power users, I need help...Does anyone know what Wi-Fi frequency band the Cuddelink Mesh network runs at or on? Reason I ask is, my Cell Home has been misbehaving lately (forgetting how many nodes are connected and very slow to transfer pictures from remotes)...it has functioned fine for over a year, but over the last several weeks it will work for a while (12 hrs or so) and then stop for a while. All of my remote camera signal strengths are above 30 and only 1 remote uses 2 links to get Home, a new SD card was tried, new firmware v7.7 was loaded on Home (v.7.6 on 14 remotes), and a brand new Cell Home was purchased and swapped in...after all that, the same behavior still exists, even with the brand new Home...it must be interference with something and the only thing I can think of is the WiFi network in the house since the Cell Home stays in the garage...anyone else experience this? I live in the middle of 30 wooded acres and the closest neighbor is over .25 miles away so I can't imagine there is any other interference besides my own! Any one have better luck with one CL channel over another, I've always used channel 7? Any other ideas?

Fred, I just got around to testing the DB Strobe. Surprisingly, it actually didn’t drop voltage nearly as much as the Blackflash. I'm anxious to see some colored night pictures. I moved one camera to cover a fox hole that had a lot fresh dirt a few days ago, but unfortunately it has rained everyday for a week. I am hoping it is the weather system, because my picture count has decreased dramatically on all my camera's.
Your going to love the Strobe at night, the pictures are awesome!

Calling John and other power users, I need help...Does anyone know what Wi-Fi frequency band the Cuddelink Mesh network runs at or on? Reason I ask is, my Cell Home has been misbehaving lately (forgetting how many nodes are connected and very slow to transfer pictures from remotes)...it has functioned fine for over a year, but over the last several weeks it will work for a while (12 hrs or so) and then stop for a while. All of my remote camera signal strengths are above 30 and only 1 remote uses 2 links to get Home, a new SD card was tried, new firmware v7.7 was loaded on Home (v.7.6 on 14 remotes), and a brand new Cell Home was purchased and swapped in...after all that, the same behavior still exists, even with the brand new Home...it must be interference with something and the only thing I can think of is the WiFi network in the house since the Cell Home stays in the garage...anyone else experience this? I live in the middle of 30 wooded acres and the closest neighbor is over .25 miles away so I can't imagine there is any other interference besides my own! Any one have better luck with one CL channel over another, I've always used channel 7? Any other ideas?

First, if it is slow transferring from remotes, it is not WiFi. It is a radio to radio frequency like a walkie-talkie. Piss poor frequency and power restrictions required by FCC. If nodes are not being recognized, it is not WiFi, it is radio to radio signals that is poor. Any camera in network with a signal of 20 or less can slow you down on transmitting whether it is in a linked chain to home or not. It will be the slow car on the highway. Lots of thing's can affect the radio to radio frequency strength including weather, change in season's etc. On your report, is your home camera queue have any pictures in it? What is your CC Rate set at on home camera? And... last but not least, what is your battery voltage on home camera?

First, if it is slow transferring from remotes, it is not WiFi. It is a radio to radio frequency like a walkie-talkie. Piss poor frequency and power restrictions required by FCC. If nodes are not being recognized, it is not WiFi, it is radio to radio signals that is poor. Any camera in network with a signal of 20 or less can slow you down on transmitting whether it is in a linked chain to home or not. It will be the slow car on the highway. Lots of thing's can affect the radio to radio frequency strength including weather, change in season's etc. On your report, is your home camera queue have any pictures in it? What is your CC Rate set at on home camera? And... last but not least, what is your battery voltage on home camera?
Nothing in the Home Camera Queue, 0. Battery won't be an issue since it has a 9vDC/AC transformer connected with 4-D alkalines internal for backup...the beauty of being in the garage, unlimited power! The Home camera is set to CL LOC=001 and all other cameras have been checked to make sure they are set to "REMOTE" and all have a unique CL LOC #(002-015). Cl DELAY = 5 on all devices and CL COUNT = 100 on all devices. All remotes are set to take 1 picture on a 5 sec delay. I've been monitoring daily picture counts and have averaged around 60/day, with 100/day being the most so the system shouldn't be saturated/overloaded continually. CL RATE on the HOME = BATCH 30 and 4gLTE signal is 4 bars on all our cell phones/devices so uploading images shouldn't be a problem for the HOME. CC TEST has always been successful on the first try. No cameras are less than 20 on signal strength and the system worked flawlessly for over 12 months prior so I highly doubt that weather/season change is causing this. I understand Cuddelink isn't a true WiFi (802.11) signal like we all have in our homes/devices, but I'm guessing they all operate on shared frequencies (overlap) and am wondering if anyone knows for sure if this is an interference issue?

The issues you describe above I do not believe are WiFi related. The camera is actually not WiFi, it is cellular. Not to say your house WiFi cannot interfere with it. But it would be like using your cell phone and having your house internet WiFi interfere with it. Maybe but not likely. But... try turning off all your WiFi's and Router's. If you have one remote that is linking x2 you have 2 with low enough signals to not make it straight home. Do you have Home camera inside garage? The RF signals that these camera's use are drastically reduced through walls and buildings. Try locating Home camera outside.

Not sure about Cuddeback circuitry, but a power converter, inverters, transformers and such can create a dirty power signal (waveforms). On some circuits these dirty signals can interfere with electronic components. Grasping at straws here, but try it without the converter.

Last edited:

Following I have had the same issue this year about a month ago I switched out my home cell for a dual cell hoping it would help it

The issues you describe above I do not believe are WiFi related. The camera is actually not WiFi, it is cellular. Not to say your house WiFi cannot interfere with it. But it would be like using your cell phone and having your house internet WiFi interfere with it. Maybe but not likely. But... try turning off all your WiFi's and Router's. If you have one remote that is linking x2 you have 2 with low enough signals to not make it straight home. Do you have Home camera inside garage? The RF signals that these camera's use are drastically reduced through walls and buildings. Try locating Home camera outside.

Not sure about Cuddeback circuitry, but a power converter, inverters, transformers and such can create a dirty power signal (waveforms). On some circuits these dirty signals can interfere with electronic components. Grasping at straws here, but try it without the converter.
Thanks for all your ideas, but I need to clarify that something you said is not true...it's NOT cellular from "remote-to-home" or "remote-to-remote," only cellular from "Home to Verizon" for upload and then that cellular radio shuts off to save battery. The Mesh network, "remote-to-home" / "remote-to-remote," can only be on a few different frequencies/channels, governed by the FCC, just like baby monitors, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, wireless Security cameras, etc...there is definitely the chance for overlap/interference. Also, same behavior on straight battery power and when located outside of garage, just slightly better signal levels outside. The signal level penalty in my case was not enough to offset the convenience of AC power in the garage...as I said before, it has worked for over a year with the only changes being adding 2 more Cuddelink cameras to the system and adding some Wi-Fi devices to the house.

Thanks for all your ideas, but I need to clarify that something you said is not true...it's NOT cellular from "remote-to-home" or "remote-to-remote," only cellular from "Home to Verizon" for upload and then that cellular radio shuts off to save battery. The Mesh network, "remote-to-home" / "remote-to-remote," can only be on a few different frequencies/channels, governed by the FCC, just like baby monitors, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, wireless Security cameras, etc...there is definitely the chance for overlap/interference. Also, same behavior on straight battery power and when located outside of garage, just slightly better signal levels outside. The signal level penalty in my case was not enough to offset the convenience of AC power in the garage...as I said before, it has worked for over a year with the only changes being adding 2 more Cuddelink cameras to the system and adding some Wi-Fi devices to the house.

If that is what I said, I stand corrected and you are correct in that cellular is from Home to Verizon. Not many on here are experts, just a few offering ideas and opinions. It is all radio waves in one wavelength form or another. And some of the frequencies can interfere with others. Other than unplugging one item at a time and process of elimination, I do not know how you would figure out interference issues from other radio devices. Change the channel you are using on your Cudde network.

Search this thread there are a couple of post about the frequency that the radio uses to be in the 900mhz range and some frequency hopping technology (+or- 30 MHz) that they may be utilizing.

I am nowhere near any other devices and I have had similar problems. For awhile my home camera showed only 1 node, but I received pictures and report from 7 other cameras. I took one camera with low signal (20 or lower) that was getting 100's of picture's day out of network and my transfer rate greatly improved. You may not ever know it is backlogging, as it may clear all camera's by report time.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Last edited:
Your going to love the Strobe at night, the pictures are awesome!
What strobe power you recommend indoor, close, medium, far? I'm trying to decide where I'm going to place it. We have some big food plots coming up. It's going to be hard to find exactly where deer will be in plot.