Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Well I think I lost a camera. It's a K cam and I haven't received a report since 10/22 and no pics since 3:56am on 10/23. Here's the exit data from the last pic on 10/23. Jon, I think I read aways back the CS can check if the cam is still on....is that possible? I was going to hunt this area sometime next week so I will see exactly what's happening.

Reviewing your EXIF data, I notice your BD-68 & BI 488. That’s not a very long run time. Are these rechargeable’s?

Reviewing your EXIF data, I notice your BD-68 & BI 488. That’s not a very long run time. Are these rechargeable’s?
No they aren't. But like I said it's struggled with sending reports and pics on time for most of the time it's been deployed. So I think it has used extra battery power trying to send them. But the first couple weeks I had it out it was perfect with daily reports and pics. I'm not sure what happened to cause it to miss/delay both of them. Out of all my cell units this one has missed the most reports and who knows how many pics were never sent...

John, on a K camera what happen's, if it's Transmit Queue is at it's set batch (say 10) and it cannot get a cell signal. Do the remotes just have to wait until K's queue is reset or does it just keep adding to the queue in batches of 10 (or hourly batches if it's set to send hourly), and if so, is there a limit to this queue?

John, on a K camera what happen's, if it's Transmit Queue is at it's set batch (say 10) and it cannot get a cell signal. Do the remotes just have to wait until K's queue is reset or does it just keep adding to the queue in batches of 10 (or hourly batches if it's set to send hourly), and if so, is there a limit to this queue?
The most the cell units can hold in que is 30 and it will keep trying to send them to the relay.

So I'm pretty new to cuddelink. I have 4 J black flash and 3J IR that I got with a home unit. The problem I'm having is with the 3 ir cameras. I can't get the firmware to update and it is very out of date. (6.7 I think) I have taken multiple sd cards with the firmware zipped or unzipped to no avail. I can take the same card with the update in the 4 blackflash cameras and it works just fine but not in my 3 IR cams with the old firmware. My question is is it possible that they need to first be updated to something in between before updating to the 7.7? If so could someone send me a link or something with an older update I could try. The other problem I'm having with them (and I think it'd probably go away if I could get them to update) is that they don't send me all of the pictures. All cameras are on the same settings as far as how they send pictures home. Take camera 6 for example. I put a fresh SD card in it yesterday and today it shows there are 18 pictures on it but I only got 4 sent home granted I have it set to take 2 every time and I know it will only send 1 but it still doesn't add up. Thanks in advance for any help!
608a0c688d9216ff2f8e0c4a0d8a8f10.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So I'm pretty new to cuddelink. I have 4 J black flash and 3J IR that I got with a home unit. The problem I'm having is with the 3 ir cameras. I can't get the firmware to update and it is very out of date. (6.7 I think) I have taken multiple sd cards with the firmware zipped or unzipped to no avail. I can take the same card with the update in the 4 blackflash cameras and it works just fine but not in my 3 IR cams with the old firmware. My question is is it possible that they need to first be updated to something in between before updating to the 7.7? If so could someone send me a link or something with an older update I could try. The other problem I'm having with them (and I think it'd probably go away if I could get them to update) is that they don't send me all of the pictures. All cameras are on the same settings as far as how they send pictures home. Take camera 6 for example. I put a fresh SD card in it yesterday and today it shows there are 18 pictures on it but I only got 4 sent home granted I have it set to take 2 every time and I know it will only send 1 but it still doesn't add up. Thanks in advance for any help!

It doesn’t matter how old of firmware you have the new version should update . I would try a new card after it’s cleared and load it again by unzipping it, make sure it’s all the way in the slot , be firm when you push it in. More than likely you have your cl delay longer than your camera delay. The update will fix that issue . It’s unlikely you have 3 cameras with something wrong and it’s all the same issue but if you can’t get it updated you may have to send them in , for now set your cl delay the exact same or shorter than your camera delay . They should work fine if you do that until after the season .

Letting everyone know later this week I will be in a tree for at least a week so if you have issues , others will need to try and help or you can use Facebook or call cs at cuddeback. Don’t expect quick responses from me until mid November

You have 2 camera’s with very low signal’s. That will deal you some misery sooner or later. On camera’s with old firmware, do you have them set on Burst?

Yes the ones with old firmware are set to take 2 pictures. But they don't near always send the first one. I will check my cl delay like John said. Also the cam showing the worst signal (woods) has the option to hook up with a camera nearby that has plenty of signal to home. Usually when I'm there checking that one it shows much better so my guess is that it jumps back and forth. Also those with the poorest signal aren't the ones I'm having trouble with currently.

Do you know what your CL Count is set at?

On firmware issue, try formatting your card in camera then put firmware on card. Download it to your desktop, then put the files onto card. Don’t just drag whole folder onto card. It worked for me this way.

I think their all at cl 500 delay 1 hour. When I check my home I often have pictures only a few minutes old. I'll try what you mentioned with update. Just not sure why when I go from one camera to another it doesn't work.

Letting everyone know later this week I will be in a tree for at least a week so if you have issues , others will need to try and help or you can use Facebook or call cs at cuddeback. Don’t expect quick responses from me until mid November
Good luck John. Btw I just received a test email from that K cam that was MIA the past few days....now I'm wondering if someone snagged it and they don't know what they're doing and mistakingly sent a test email. Ugh, I have a few more days until I can hunt that area and check on it.

Another update...at 6am I received a report and lots of pics from the cam. It is a battery issue. Reports from the 25/26th are low battery. No report from the 27th...today the 28th has battery at ok. Pic counts have increased each day and today's report has lots of images in queue. I believe the voltage is teetering back and forth at the lower limit causing the issues.

Good luck John and be sure to post up some pictures when you get back!!

I tried the search bottom but it isn’t giving me what I wanted so question is is there a key or description of exit data meanings?
I had five Cuddelink‘s last year now I have 11 and I am having nothing but issues this year my cell home and two other cameras batteries last 2-3 days all the others are on solar panels just wasn’t looking to buy 3 more at this time my levels are anywhere from 50 to 14 on these cameras on any given day the home is in the same spot it was last year and it worked flawless. I recently changed the home to a dual cell and am using it only as a repeater and am still getting two days out of batteries it had a cl level of 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the search bottom but it isn’t giving me what I wanted so question is is there a key or description of exit data meanings?
I had five Cuddelink‘s last year now I have 11 and I am having nothing but issues this year my cell home and two other cameras batteries last 2-3 days all the others are on solar panels just wasn’t looking to buy 3 more at this time my levels are anywhere from 50 to 14 on these cameras on any given day the home is in the same spot it was last year and it worked flawless. I recently changed the home to a dual cell and am using it only as a repeater and am still getting two days out of batteries it had a cl level of 50

if you are only getting 2-3 days when using new quality alkaline batteries something is wrong with the unit. I would call CS to set up a return if this is the case. If you want to post a picture of your report we can look at that as well. We recommend D cell boosters for all units when you need battery life beyond 45-60 days.

Search for MetaData. Or just search FredG postings. Send me an email if you can’t find anything on it. Lots of prior posts.

On your battery issue, I doubt it’s the camera. If camera went through that many batteries that quick, the camera would not function again. Post the first picture after you changed to the new batteries and the last picture that you received before it went dead and I’ll pull meta data and review it for you.

What type, bran & size batteries? What’s the temperature where camera is at?

if you are only getting 2-3 days when using new quality alkaline batteries something is wrong with the unit. I would call CS to set up a return if this is the case. If you want to post a picture of your report we can look at that as well. We recommend D cell boosters for all units when you need battery life beyond 45-60 days.

Looks like the issue maybe the battery pack springs are totally compressed on two of the four and I’m guessing that’s what may be causing my issue 59405039358__8F454E05-8AD1-4E2A-A565-3791045A41B5.JPG

Search for MetaData. Or just search FredG postings. Send me an email if you can’t find anything on it. Lots of prior posts.

On your battery issue, I doubt it’s the camera. If camera went through that many batteries that quick, the camera would not function again. Post the first picture after you changed to the new batteries and the last picture that you received before it went dead and I’ll pull meta data and review it for you.

What type, bran & size batteries? What’s the temperature where camera is at?

Unfortunately it didn’t take any pictures in the two days but
389f50f4aa16e6ebb022da1b85c0f7b5.jpg

Unfortunately it didn’t take any pictures in the two days but
389f50f4aa16e6ebb022da1b85c0f7b5.jpg
You can probably pull springs out, but most likely it will happen again. I’ve read others had same problem. If it’s not warrantied, you can buy battery springs and parts on internet.