Cuddeback Pro Color question

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
Going thru the "Parameters" in the the instructions they talk about P0 and then jump to P2(video length). What is P1 for? It's in the menu on the camera but not in the instructions. I've just skipped it in the past.

Last edited:
No response from Cuddeback after 2 days either. One more day left in the week...

P0:1 = parameters are ON and can be changed as desired-
i would suggest calling cuddeback directly if you are looking for more info than the manual. Mark Cuddeback himself writes the manual verbiage. i havent used a non cuddelink camera in 5 years and i cant remember manual detail that long. I rep 25 different product lines and just remembering current year features for all of my vendors is a challenge for me as it is:emoji_grin:. - sending emails to cuddeback isnt the best option. calling on the phone there will get you a quicker response.

Yeah I see the PO:1 but then you hit the A button and it goes to P1. P1:1...2...3 etc when you hit B. In the manual it mentions nothing about P1.

I think Mark needs to write them when he's not drinking, or awake. I was not a happy camper(even though I laughed) when I got the cam out for the first time "up north" thinking I'd just have to stick batteries in it and go. From the website: "Easy to use. We know that in many cases an employee will be using these cameras. Cuddeback’s Super Simple Interface is quick to master and prevents most user errors."

This is the most un-user-friendly cam I've ever used unless it's set up before-hand. If you can even do that. THEN it's as easy as the Capture.

I'll wait to see if I hear back tomorrow. I used their website contact page, so it's ridiculous if they can't respond to people via that. Thanks...

I wonder if it's for the # of pics...the burst or whatever. P1:1 would be just one picture. P1:2 would be 2, etc.

Edit...yeah I know...I'm gonna try it tomorrow :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PA is burst mode
P1 could be flash intensity for the camera if a white flash module was installed. it was probably in a firmware update that was made after the manual was published. With the low numbers of those cameras that were sold they probably didnt bother reprinting manuals . I doubt Mark was drinking.

It came as a white flash- Professional Color, and was always like that. I just earlier tonight did a firmware update but don't know what it changed or is supposed to improve.
Maybe they could add it to the manual online now...like they fixed that other firmware update # :emoji_thinking:

Thanks...FredG too :emoji_thumbsup:

Everything looks good now. There is no P3 but I've always thought it's because it can't do videos at night with the white flash..and it also says FLASH instead of LEd in the 4th step of the menu.
Stuck a 64GB card in it which worked..great if doing videos. Daytime videos :emoji_rolling_eyes: Now all I have to do is turn the dial when I set it out but would need the instructions again if changing anything though.

I think the limit on SD cards is 32GB which will hold about 3000 30 sec videos (25 hrs review time). The camera may just format the card to 32GB and be good to go or it might format the whole 64GB and be unstable... I don't know. Either way, a 32 GB card holds more videos than I would care to review.

Yeah that's why I mentioned it. I know I read 32 but maybe the firmware changed things. It has for other cams in the past- think they were Stealth's though.
I know it depends on the cam- what size/resolution they can do and how long you set the videos at. I can easily fill a 128GB card with 30-40 second videos w/in a month on a creek crossing set at Stealth's highest resolution on their "4k" cam.

I guess it all depends upon how often you're able to get to the cam too. Or want to. Stealth's can handle a 512GB card. Perfect for a solar setup you don't want to bother for months lol. I had asked Spypoint if their solar one would be able to handle more than 32GB..no can do they said. No firmware update in the future for it or anything :emoji_unamused:

I've got the cam out in the backyard so maybe enough critters will show up to test the card with. Put it on videos in the morning next to the bird feeder.

Cuddeback's videos are designed to provide enough information for scouting purposes in the smallest size file possible... only about 8-10 MB per 30 sec video. Compare that to the whopping size of a 30 sec 4k video from your Stealth Cam and plan accordingly.

Cams aren't just for scouting purposes though for many. Actually many don't use them for that at all. Setting a bunch of cams up for the ducks soon, so yeah- may end up setting this one up for just pictures. Compare it to Stealth's from last year.

STC_0319.JPG

Well that definitely didn't work. 10 pics and it said "full". I would think the companies(like Stealth etc do) would allow for consumers to use larger capacity cards and how they want to use the camera, instead of being so limited. But like you said Fred...plan accordingly with whatever you buy. I never really have used Cuddeback much for video, but mainly because all mine are white flash/strobe- no nighttime vids.

Well that definitely didn't work. 10 pics and it said "full". I would think the companies(like Stealth etc do) would allow for consumers to use larger capacity cards and how they want to use the camera, instead of being so limited. But like you said Fred...plan accordingly with whatever you buy. I never really have used Cuddeback much for video, but mainly because all mine are white flash/strobe- no nighttime vids.
I figured that would probably be the case with a 64 GB card. Just use a 32 GB card and be happy. I've never filled even a 16 GB card with a Cuddeback camera but YMMV. With a 32 GB card you should be able to handle 30,000 - 40,000 full resolution (5MP) images or 3,000 to 4,000 30 second vids (thousands more at 20 seconds each)... More pics and vids than a single set of batteries can take.

Lithium batteries? I guess it depends on the camera and flash used and everything. Never kept track with this particular Cuddeback but had it out for over a year on the same batteries. Stuck on the lowest flash. Will post shortly some pics where the cam was "no glo" but the majority of pictures were during the day. Over 7000 26MP pics and batt still showing 98% so far.

I guess I'm going too by my experience with mostly video. Have filled 128GB cards more than once with lithiums.
I REFUSE to go with less than 20MP pictures :emoji_smile:

Last edited:
Lithiums are a definite 'yes' with the strobe flash, especially in cold weather! In reality, the strobe power you choose will make no difference whatsoever in the battery consumption in that the strobe puts out the identical flash power with each night picture. The difference in the 'flash power' setting is simply a matter of what ISO is used in recording the picture... higher ISO for further flash range.

I REFUSE to go with less than 20MP pictures :emoji_smile:

And I refuse to go with anything above the native resolution of 5MP pictures. :emoji_wink:

For years Cuddeback refused to play the silly and deceptive trail cam game of touting interpolated pixel ratings, but a few years ago even they relented to the marketing pressure and offered the 20MP setting. My question would be... Why not capture the pics at the native resolution of 5MP and do a 400% interpolation after the fact so you can have the first 80MP trail cam on the block? :emoji_smile:

Ha, I'd prefer just to get the pics as they come I guess. Not always a huge difference between the MP's but as long as it's there I'll take it. Or let the camera do so .
Obviously there are differences in quality between cams too, same MP.

"FULL" after 41 pictures with the 32GB card now. And no videos. I had the dial set for it to also do videos, but as mentioned above the P3 doesn't show up which gives the option for just daytime, nighttime, or both- videos. I swear I contacted them in the beginning about that and that the video below is from this cam. I also have a C1 though.
I'll try contacting them again next week...maybe I can trade it in for a linker or something.

Did you format the card in the camera with the clear command?