Cuddeback Ext Battery Pack

davekarchner

Buck Fawn
I have several brand new L series Cuddeback cameras and brand new external battery packs. The cameras will not recognize the battery pack. I’ve tried taking the internal batteries out, draining the power and then connecting directly to the external packs, but they are not recognized. Tech services hasn’t been helpful. Anyone else with this issue?

Have you checked continuity on the cords?

The cords came with the battery packs and are brand new and don’t seem to have any issues. Not sure what you mean by continuity.

The cords came with the battery packs and are brand new and don’t seem to have any issues. Not sure what you mean by continuity.
Use an ohm meter to check hot to hot and ground to ground. That shows if either leg has an open. Also check hot to ground for a short. If that does not make sense then nevermind. I’ve gotten several brand new cords that were bad. It happens.

I know there was some posting in the cuddelink threads about cams recognizing ext battery packs, and how to get past the issue, but, these were for the J cams. Usually John Volkman would have responded to this post already, he's the resident expert. You might look him up on here and send him a pm.

does your camera power up when you plug the booster in when the camera is empty ? if by recognized do you mean ext Ok on the screen or report ?

It does not power up when empty and plugged into the booster pack.

It does not power up when empty and plugged into the booster pack.
check inside of the booster pack to make sure a security tag isnt blocking a connection, then inspect the cable to make sure its not nicked or crimped anywhere - if you have another cable, try that or plug the bank into another camera to rule of if its the camera or bank with the issue.

I just setup a L series two days ago with a sun and shade panel. I am pretty dang sure I plugged everything in, but it is not recognizing the external power. I will be going for another hike.

I just setup a L series two days ago with a sun and shade panel. I am pretty dang sure I plugged everything in, but it is not recognizing the external power. I will be going for another hike.
was the panel charged when you put it out? there's a tab on the back you can open to see if it's charged, charging or low - if it went right form the box to the field it may need a couple days to charge up .

was the panel charged when you put it out? there's a tab on the back you can open to see if it's charged, charging or low - if it went right form the box to the field it may need a couple days to charge up .
It sat in direct sun for a good 15 hours before being deployed, all lights indicated good. I am betting I forgot to plug it in. It was one of those deals where I spent hours contemplating and planning, 1 mile hike to go half that distance, ready to arm and forgot the sd card, hike back to truck, realize I had one in my pocket, hike back and still forgot a security tie. Four more trips and I will get it right.

It sat in direct sun for a good 15 hours before being deployed, all lights indicated good. I am betting I forgot to plug it in. It was one of those deals where I spent hours contemplating and planning, 1 mile hike to go half that distance, ready to arm and forgot the sd card, hike back to truck, realize I had one in my pocket, hike back and still forgot a security tie. Four more trips and I will get it right.

You and I? We have a lot in common it seems…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check inside of the booster pack to make sure a security tag isnt blocking a connection, then inspect the cable to make sure its not nicked or crimped anywhere - if you have another cable, try that or plug the bank into another camera to rule of if its the camera or bank with the issue.
Turns out that there were small paper tags on the inside bottom of each power bank that I never knew were there. I removed them and everything works fine now. Thanks very much for the help!