All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating benches

Thanks, J. I have not heard any of my farmers talk about CRP field buffers. It is all of the field or none.
The programs I looked into had to have the annaul payments of something at least close to the cash rental rate - I think that criteria is what took some of the other programs off the table for me. The other thing is my wife and her family would string me up if I converted 100 acres of row crop field that they worked on for decades back to weed and trees. The current cash rental (with the CRP areas) comes to 10 to 12 grand a year that I use to pay property taxes and further support a single income family of 6. When the CRP contract is up I will look strongly into expanding my 30' wide areas to 120' if I can. I didn't go all out initially because I wasn't sure what I was getting into.