Cows:(

image.jpgThe pink lines are known deer trails
Yellow is wsg 33 acres total
Green is plots
Blue is 70 acre lake
2 ponds in the woods

That shows off the topography a lot better...beautiful, beautiful place. that has the topography/habitat to be a very top end deer property for the area. Grats!

I remember the first time I had a clover plot inside the woods that was absolutely mowed off by deer. Or so I thought...

When I walked past it the first time, i couldn't contain my excitement, I thought for sure I'd have deer coming by given that I had fresh deer pies in it. So I set up in my stand just away from it. Sure enough, that afternoon, in came walking my deer. It was my dad's 250lb angus calf.

That sucks about the cows. Must be some sort of part time "farmer". We have a few in our area that just don't really care. One thing to do is make a corral and get them inside. If no one claims them sell them for some beef money. If someone does claim them, then charge them some rent + damage.

That property looks like a dream property! How is the fishing in that lake?

Fishing is real good
Almost 9 lb bass caught this spring
Big crappie
Catfish
And blue gills
Lots of rabbits
Hardly no does but a lot of bucks traveling thru in November and December
Also hardly no turkeys or quail
image.jpg

Thanks for the comments it a fun place
We owned it since 99

Can you not back-trail a herd of cows back to where they came from? I realize you would need permission from whoever you cross.

I'm really jealous of that lake. Did you build it yourself or was it already there? I may build a measly 2 acre pond this fall - I have a lot of angst about it as I would lose a lot of nice oaks.

Can you not back-trail a herd of cows back to where they came from? I realize you would need permission from whoever you cross.

I'm really jealous of that lake. Did you build it yourself or was it already there? I may build a measly 2 acre pond this fall - I have a lot of angst about it as I would lose a lot of nice oaks.

The area that the cows came thru is all woods we follow it to the property line .
We have made a big deal about trespassing Awhile back so not really wanting to ask of we can back track thru theirs .
Going to look this weekend at how much fencing and post needed for that corner . And start later this year on puting some up and adding as needed and when I can afford

The lake was put in 1978 I think .we bought our part in 99

I was talking with a guy at work he made me think maybe the owner of the cows might be pushing the cows thru the woods to us since every one fields
Are in good shape with the heat not being intense this spring and summer
And they hit the one acre spot in June
( and it was still wet and everything growing) no reason for them to roam.
So I replanted that .then they hit that 1 acre and the 3 acre area last week.