COVID

My wife and I made a trip to our place in AZ last Tuesday. Friday I tested positive for Covid. I am fully vaxed, except for this fall....which was not available until now. Went to the same day clinic and spoke to a Doctor there. She told me that you are contagious for 5 days and that is it. Nothing near the symptoms of past years. "you don't qualify for a pill (that is largely exploratory and has side effects)...... Take some ibuproen, Sudafed, and get some rest. Come back if you have respiratory problems".

My wife tested positive on Sat. She is the one I worry about as she has gone thru so much with heart surgeries over the past few years. Her's does seem more mild than mine to this point. We're hanging out at our home and watching ball games and posting too much on sites like this.....grin. Going back to the Tundra on Sat. Our plans for a trip into the mountains for fall colors were dashed. Curses!.....foiled again.

Gotta say....this is more or less a bad cold, sore throat and upset stomach so far. I'd like to think I'm over the hump.....and hope my wife is too. She needs to do some treadmill stuff to stay healthy.....and it's too hot to walk outdoors. If we could get going earlier....the weather would be "ok".....but neither of us feel that well when we get up. Getting bored at times. At least I got the Twins games to look forward to. Pretty sure this will pass soon.
Hoping you both get over it soon. Prayers sent. Perhaps the vax's helped make the symptoms milder, as the medical community has advised. Chicken soup, Twins games, and each other's company - good combo. Feel better, friend!!

It appears to me that it has become a seasonal problem. I seem to remember federal officials saying differently.

As a retired farm veterinarian who has watched c virus in cattle for decades, I have suspected this would happen
The prevailing thought has always been the virus would mutate to be less virulent and become a seasonal infection similar to the flu. Virus tend to mutate towards being less severe, not more.

The prevailing thought has always been the virus would mutate to be less virulent and become a seasonal infection similar to the flu. Virus tend to mutate towards being less severe, not more.
I still feel Faulsi gave us tons or poor information. He should have known better.

I still feel Faulsi gave us tons or poor information. He should have known better.
On that we can agree. He played politics for sure.

All the data from SARS and pre pandemic planning said masks didn’t help much. And he said so early. Then changed due to politics.

All the post data has shown exactly what the pre did. That masks don’t work much.

Ever lie to a 5yr old to get them to eat their veggies? "it'll make you strong", "you need them to grow", etc...

Then when they still refuse you threaten them with punishments such as grounding, standing in the corner, no TV, etc...

I felt like the 5yr old the entire time of covid. Lots of lies, threats, and foot stomping on their part.

Ever lie to a 5yr old to get them to eat their veggies? "it'll make you strong", "you need them to grow", etc...

Then when they still refuse you threaten them with punishments such as grounding, standing in the corner, no TV, etc...

I felt like the 5yr old the entire time of covid. Lots of lies, threats, and foot stomping on their part.
This is post hoc data. Not pre. It saved lives. Really not in doubt.

No disagreement from me. I still felt like they treated us like children with lies, threats, and bribes. A huge amount of people bulled up against this treatment and called them out on it. Now there is a huge distrust between a lot of citizens and medical politian's + regular politicians.

No disagreement from me. I still felt like they treated us like children with lies, threats, and bribes. A huge amount of people bulled up against this treatment and called them out on it. Now there is a huge distrust between a lot of citizens and medical politian's + regular politicians.
Dead on correct IMO. The lying on the other stuff made people not believe the real stuff. Makes me angry.

I have always said if the government (dems) really cared about people they would have called it the Trump vaccine. Brought him back in and give him a medal for record speed of vaccine and have him do PSA's telling people to get vaccinated. It would have saved a million American lives. Alas, they played politics, and went with the old Nanny state BS. Putting politics over what is right is shameful.

Dead on correct IMO. The lying on the other stuff made people not believe the real stuff. Makes me angry.

I have always said if the government (dems) really cared about people they would have called it the Trump vaccine. Brought him back in and give him a medal for record speed of vaccine and have him do PSA's telling people to get vaccinated. It would have saved a million American lives. Alas, they played politics, and went with the old Nanny state BS. Putting politics over what is right is shameful.
Bingo! Instead of crediting Trump with Warp Speed biden campaigned that Trump's policies was killing millions of people. biden said that (unlike Trump) HE had a plan. A lot of media was even doing a daily death count at the time (right up until biden was elected, then it stopped). Mayor's offering free hamburgers with a vax, cuomo cornholing ventilators from other states and putting rest home patients back into homes so they wouldn't count against his death tolls in hospitals, etc. It was a royal mess! They treated us like idiots, which like you said was political rather than the right thing to do.

My wife and I made a trip to our place in AZ last Tuesday. Friday I tested positive for Covid. I am fully vaxed, except for this fall....which was not available until now. Went to the same day clinic and spoke to a Doctor there. She told me that you are contagious for 5 days and that is it. Nothing near the symptoms of past years. "you don't qualify for a pill (that is largely exploratory and has side effects)...... Take some ibuproen, Sudafed, and get some rest. Come back if you have respiratory problems".

My wife tested positive on Sat. She is the one I worry about as she has gone thru so much with heart surgeries over the past few years. Her's does seem more mild than mine to this point. We're hanging out at our home and watching ball games and posting too much on sites like this.....grin. Going back to the Tundra on Sat. Our plans for a trip into the mountains for fall colors were dashed. Curses!.....foiled again.

Gotta say....this is more or less a bad cold, sore throat and upset stomach so far. I'd like to think I'm over the hump.....and hope my wife is too. She needs to do some treadmill stuff to stay healthy.....and it's too hot to walk outdoors. If we could get going earlier....the weather would be "ok".....but neither of us feel that well when we get up. Getting bored at times. At least I got the Twins games to look forward to. Pretty sure this will pass soon.
Hoping the best for Connie and you Tom. Take care & get well.

Wishing you and your wife the best.

Thanks everyone. This has been more like a bad cold than anything else......for both me and my wife. We never lost any sense of smell or appetite. Major runny nose for a bit, slight headache, restless sleep.....and now it's nearly gone. Will do a covid test tommorow. I dont think we would be contagious anymore.

FWIW......Mostly Covid may be bad if you were to get lung issues out of it.....and had some pre-existing conditions....then I suppose things could go sour.

Thanks everyone. This has been more like a bad cold than anything else......for both me and my wife. We never lost any sense of smell or appetite. Major runny nose for a bit, slight headache, restless sleep.....and now it's nearly gone. Will do a covid test tommorow. I dont think we would be contagious anymore.

FWIW......Mostly Covid may be bad if you were to get lung issues out of it.....and had some pre-existing conditions....then I suppose things could go sour.
It's a strange one in that it's really hard to say how it is going to react with any given person.

My 99 year old grandmother in law has had it twice and still going strong, took some meds and that is all she needed.

My uncle in law died from covid complications (blood clots) in his 50's...(diabetic)

I may have said this before, but I firmly believe there is a genetic side to this that determines an individual's severity of sickness due to covid. Maybe even epigenetics are involved, but it'd be hard to explain any other way.

Saved some, cost others theirs. However, I do not practice outcome based morality so I tend to focus on the people who's right to bodily autonomy was violated. The estimated number of lives saved vs lost due to the vaccines is moot.

Saved some, cost others theirs. However, I do not practice outcome based morality so I tend to focus on the people who's right to bodily autonomy was violated. The estimated number of lives saved vs lost due to the vaccines is moot.
14-19 million lives is moot?

I’m a libertarian. Stay off my lawn. But our world has a million things that you are required to do. Seatbelts. Catalytic converter, building regulations. My guess is you’re glad the buildings you’re in and bridges you cross have regulations the builders have to do.

Your kids had to be vaccinated to go to school. They have to be in car seats. Hell they cut your foreskin off without asking you.

You’re view on this seems to be as political as bidens.

14-19 million lives is moot?

I’m a libertarian. Stay off my lawn. But our world has a million things that you are required to do. Seatbelts. Catalytic converter, building regulations. My guess is you’re glad the buildings you’re in and bridges you cross have regulations the builders have to do.

Your kids had to be vaccinated to go to school. They have to be in car seats. Hell they cut your foreskin off without asking you.

You’re view on this seems to be as political as bidens.

Perhaps I missed this, but how was the number 14-19 million lives saved calculated /derived ?

Do you have a link to the source of published data?

thanks

bill