Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a very large unauthorized gathering this evening in Minneapolis. I wonder if Walz is gonna call out the national guard. NOBODY is social distancing, nobody is staying home, and a bunch of people are not wearing mask. You are free to break the law in Minneapolis tonight.....or at least every window in the third precinct.

I am trying to understand your opening sentence ... unauthorized gathering

My basic understanding of the constitution is that we as free citizens have the unrestricted right to gather, peaceably assemble, & voice our disagreement with the Govt. I believe the 1st amendment of the US Constitution guarantees us these rights.

I believe it goes something like this ....

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances" (Bloom p. 81).

The right of a citizen to peacefully 1) parade and gather or 2) demonstrate support or opposition of public policy or 3) express one's views, is guaranteed by the freedom of speech and the right to peaceably assemble.

How do you determine the right to gather & protest Govt policy is unauthorized when it is guaranteed unconditionally?

Forgive me, I keep forgetting that it tough to pick up sarcasm from typed words on a computer screen. I dont agree with any of their bullshit and I think these slimy bastards are all shitting on the Constitution. Comrade Walz's order doesnt allow groups of more than 10 to gather, unless you are his political allies. You can bet your ass that if the owner of the Hollywood Ranch House wanted to have a fish fry that people would be going to jail and heavy fines would be going out. What happened last night should be like throwing gas on a fire for corona from what I saw on unicorn riot on youtube. If the MN stay at home people wanna be pissed off at someone it should be the people at this protest, but you can bet your ass they are gonna look the other way.

https://www.startribune.com/stay-at...-know-twin-cities-minneapolis-walz/568484941/

Social distancing and coronavirus pretty much went on the back seat here in MN.
Capture.PNGCaptured.PNG

The lack of social distancing is continuing, but at least the businesses are getting opened up.....happening right now.

Capture.PNG

We are open back up here in SW AR - with he exception of schools and bank lobbies. I have been to the dentist, the back Dr, got my hair cut, and had a sit down meal in a restaurant. Pretty much normal here

You lucky bastard :). I’m on wife haircut 3. I had a doctors appointment in my truck on the phone yesterday.

He looked Worse than me, said I should follow CDC guild lines After I wasn’t. I didn’t give him an once of grief. He was just out of college on our first visit and I was in the 6th grade at the time.

well ok I did tell him he needed a haircut:).

I was in two local stores this evening. The local fleet supply and coburns grocery. I dont see any way the fleet supply makes it with the pathetic amount of traffic. It really is a nice little store too. I bought some fishing jigs and a new chain for my chainsaw. The grocery store is knocking it out of the park. 90% of the people I saw were not wearing a mask. I only saw one old fart wearing a mask and the other 10-12 werent.

Can’t even think about going to a grocery store here without a mask.

hit the bait store today and it was mask free :emoji_thumbsup:

I’m not anti mask or social D. If you feel that’s you’re thing.

I’m just anti “tell me what to do.”

Cross the street or hide at home.

I actually cross the street if someone has a mask on. I don’t want to make them uncomfortable. But I don’t want them to tell me how to live either.

I am trying to understand your opening sentence ... unauthorized gathering

My basic understanding of the constitution is that we as free citizens have the unrestricted right to gather, peaceably assemble, & voice our disagreement with the Govt. I believe the 1st amendment of the US Constitution guarantees us these rights.

I believe it goes something like this ....

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances" (Bloom p. 81).

The right of a citizen to peacefully 1) parade and gather or 2) demonstrate support or opposition of public policy or 3) express one's views, is guaranteed by the freedom of speech and the right to peaceably assemble.

How do you determine the right to gather & protest Govt policy is unauthorized when it is guaranteed unconditionally?

I think buck is talking about a bad cop that’s been arrested and his cohorts that are on leave pending further investigation. While Antifa Does their thing

But a protest is a protest

Forgive me, I keep forgetting that it tough to pick up sarcasm from typed words on a computer screen. I dont agree with any of their bullshit and I think these slimy bastards are all shitting on the Constitution. Comrade Walz's order doesnt allow groups of more than 10 to gather, unless you are his political allies. You can bet your ass that if the owner of the Hollywood Ranch House wanted to have a fish fry that people would be going to jail and heavy fines would be going out. What happened last night should be like throwing gas on a fire for corona from what I saw on unicorn riot on youtube. If the MN stay at home people wanna be pissed off at someone it should be the people at this protest, but you can bet your ass they are gonna look the other way.

https://www.startribune.com/stay-at...-know-twin-cities-minneapolis-walz/568484941/

Social distancing and coronavirus pretty much went on the back seat here in MN.
View attachment 29975View attachment 29976

Yes "peaceable' was the sarcasm. We allow people to loot, destroy property, and assault police, yet we are arresting pastors in churches and people for eating sandwiches in empty parking lots.

Well all shit hit the fan last night in Minneapolis!

The mayor, and governor told the police, and fire departments to stand down and let it happen. But at least after only a few miles of stores, were broken into, looted, then burnt down, the national guard was called to come in.

I am from Minnesota, that city is just a disaster. Who is in charge down there, nobody knows. Meanwhile businesses are closing all over the state. Restaurants are shut down in counties that have no CV cases at all.

the national guard was called to come in.
Was it? I heard the mayor had requested National Guard support but there's been no response from Taxing Timmy

I think buck is talking about a bad cop that’s been arrested and his cohorts that are on leave pending further investigation. While Antifa Does their thing

Yep, understood his point. My point was that protesting rules and enforcement should be treated equally. You wanna protest, fine, but you cause destruction or violence, bring out the handcuffs & tear gas. The Mayor who told the cops & fire dept to stand down should be held personally responsible along with the city for all of the losses those people will incur from the rioters. Those business owners paid taxes for police & fire protection.

these idiots excuses are that they own the public property because they pay that taxes that build them so they can destroy them if they want. I bet the tax role of the combined group wouldn't buy a single police car. Hell, maybe even a piece of gum for that matter.

Yep, understood his point. My point was that protesting rules and enforcement should be treated equally. You wanna protest, fine, but you cause destruction or violence, bring out the handcuffs & tear gas. The Mayor who told the cops & fire dept to stand down should be held personally responsible along with the city for all of the losses those people will incur from the rioters. Those business owners paid taxes for police & fire protection.

Sounds like there is a pawn shop owner that shot and killed a looter of his store cause nobody was gonna protect it for him. He was arrested for murder. News reported at least 5 shootings at the riot last night. Mayor and governor incited these riots. Mayor Frey specifically is trying to incite a race war and auditioning for higher office. When will that bastard take some of the blame?? He is the head of the city. He hired the police chief. Why the phuck doesnt the buck stop with him? I feel like these riots will explode across the country over the next few days. At least Reverend Al is coming to town to help calm things down.

I think all 4 of those cops should go to jail for murder. That was some bullshit kneeling on him like that while he was cuffed, but this stealing, rioting, burning, and assaulting innocent people and business is abhorrent. Bravo to the peaceful protesters that gathered and did no harm to anyone or anything and tried to stop this madness.

depending on the details, that shop owner shouldn't get charged with a dam thing. You have a right to defend yourself and your property. The mayor is a joke. If it wasn't for Minneapolis this state would be something to be proud of.

Hand those cops over to the people and walk away. Hang them up and sell swings with a baseball bat for 5 bucks a swing---i'll take ten swings please.

Is farmer dan alive? I read on this thread earlier that he was fully preparing to meet his demise from this thing.

^^
You can't be serious, Minnesota's leaders/politicians are providing zero leadership. They should be providing society guidance on right and wrong Behavior. If there is no expectation of what is appropriate/correct behavior then society won't behave correctly. Confront these rioters and Punish bad behavior.

Letting the destructive behavior continue condones the behavior. No action is a decision to allow bad behavior. They should have stopped the rioting immediately and jailed anybody destroying property.

The police who were responsible for the death of Floyd deserve quick due process and justice. If guilty they deserve the punishment. Society should not riot or beat people with baseball bats.

When the English put their boot on the throat of our early colonies,.. the Patriots did not run around with signs and protest. They took up arms, fought and burned stuff.

Today, two CNN crews were filming in the rubble,.. the white crew was asked politely to move away. The black crew was arrested. The black crew was doing what the free press do,.. reporting on what is happening there, their constitutional right. They were filming live and doing nothing wrong but yet were arrested?

Those Minneapolis folks who see a man choked to death like that are no different than our early patriots fighting for an obvious right. Sad thing is this has been going on for 100 years its just the cameras everywhere today that bring it to light. No camera there and this would not be a story in the news.

Sure there are jerks looting and doing stupid stuff,.. but what is occurring over there is clear as day to me.

If people in my town were getting choked to death (white or black) in my town square here in New England you bet I would be looking to "speak up" about it.

Of course,.. there will always be those that side with the King of England,..

When the English put their boot on the throat of our early colonies,.. the Patriots did not run around with signs and protest. They took up arms, fought and burned stuff.

Today, two CNN crews were filming in the rubble,.. the white crew was asked politely to move away. The black crew was arrested. The black crew was doing what the free press do,.. reporting on what is happening there, their constitutional right. They were filming live and doing nothing wrong but yet were arrested?

Those Minneapolis folks who see a man choked to death like that are no different than our early patriots fighting for an obvious right. Sad thing is this has been going on for 100 years its just the cameras everywhere today that bring it to light. No camera there and this would not be a story in the news.

Sure there are jerks looting and doing stupid stuff,.. but what is occurring over there is clear as day to me.

If people in my town were getting choked to death (white or black) in my town square here in New England you bet I would be looking to "speak up" about it.

One action by several police officers does not reflect the City nor the Police department. Comparing that police officers action to the total suppression of society by the British is a huge over simplification. Minneapolis has its problems but is has been by far a place that has accepted minorities and promoted tolerant behavior. Minneapolis is one of the most socially progressive cities in the country and the action of those police officers in no way reflects the people or the cities beliefs. The rioters have the right to protest but they don't have the right to destroy a city that for the most part has been generous and good to them.

Nice job race baiting. CNN appreciates the spin for them. They were in a zone not cleared for media. Even the NBC reporter said they went were they weren’t suppose to. We don’t know how many times they were asked to move. Now if they stayed there and were hurt in some way that would be the police’s fault as well. It had nothing to do with him being black. His crew was all white, why were they arrested? What is clear to me is a guy was murdered and many are using at as a reason to steal and burn their own city to the ground. Makes perfect sense. We had a white shot and killed by police this week. He had a BB gun. Made the six o’clock news one day. Those four officers should be prosecuted and if found guilty spend the better part of their lives in prison. That will happen with or without burning your city to the ground. Media as always is complacent, the Today Show didn’t have one comment against the violence and looting. They have burned over a 100 buildings including the police station. Some jerks did some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.