Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only interested in helping people be better informed; I hope people measure me by any contributions I make. Now, time for online church
Peace brother

FYI ... https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings
https://www.therighting.com/media-guide
A great source .. especially about how to search for truth.
https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=637508&p=4462378
Is your point that if you take the 6 biggest tv sources 5 are on the left? They don’t even list Fox News. They have Fox News Opinion. That is 3 hours of programming. What about 6am-8pm. I am so thankful you are helping us be better informed. What would we do without you. You are only interested in helping people be informed if they agree with you. Put your post back up, don’t be afraid of everyone being informed from your endless wisdom. Did one post pointing out its bias make you doubt your contribution?

Out of church noiw ...
How conservative media has grown under trump

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/conservative-media-grown.php

Quopte from article ......

"The Fox Corporation-owned website also generates ten times the audience of any other conservative news website offering original content. Let that fact sink in for a moment. Imagine all conservative websites are the Great Plains. Now face west and you’ll see the Rocky Mountains rising from the plains and jutting so high into the sky that its peaks are fringed with snow even on a hot summer day. Those mountains are Foxnews.com in this landscape. No right-wing website comes close to rivaling the size of its audience."

Last edited:
Is your point that if you take the 6 biggest tv sources 5 are on the left? They don’t even list Fox News. They have Fox News Opinion. That is 3 hours of programming. What about 6am-8pm. I am so thankful you are helping us be better informed. What would we do without you. You are only interested in helping people be informed if they agree with you. Put your post back up, don’t be afraid of everyone being informed from your endless wisdom. Did one post pointing out its bias make you doubt your contribution?

Even tgough I have my own views - just like everyone one else, I'm trying to help all of us (me included) learn how to better process information and draw logical, well-founded conclusions. It will help all of us to bring order to our discussions and make all better informed.

I'll put my original post back on tonight; now, it's off to the woods

In Australia they found that Ivermectin kills Covid 19 rapidly in a lab setting. Need to get human test underway ASAP.

View attachment 28818

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...b/news-story/615c435e56aefc4b704f4fd890bd4c2c

You may have given your dog some form of this for worms, given it to the kids cause they had lice, or used it on your farm for livestock. Hope we hear more about this real soon.

I just hope some idiot doesn’t take their dogs heart worm medicine.

That would be trump’s fault too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The media are businesses just like any other business and unfortunately they sell the news more than report the news. We are way over-due for a change in how our media reports the news.
What's amazing is the media gets a fresh chance at trust from gullible viewers every day.

"Yeah, yeah, I know they totally made everything up, up to this point, but maybe today they'll tell the truth."

I’m not saying it’s not happening, CV. But you can be sure it’s being treated like the first snow storm of the year in the news.

Don Henley 1982
Is the head dead yet? Get the widow on the set!

Citizen
. Make your own opinions

Why would you say Baker for us to make our own opinions?? We’ve already been told directly on this thread and elsewhere by the media on both sides that we are not “intelligent “ enough to do so.
I’ve help managed 300 sheep before ( yea I know the WV jokes ) and as crazy as they could be, they certainly were not as foolish as a good portion of this worlds peoples.
The virus is to be respected. Be smart and play safe. That is all need be. I social distance at golf tomorrow and farm next day. Meanwhile my 90 yo mother went and bought a new lawnmower past wk despite my arguments. She been thru hell lot worse, what can I say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mother didn’t retire until 90. She didn’t think she had enough money saved up. She’s 95 now and it’s literally harder to keep her home away from her activities than it is fighting this virus. So I know what you mean.
anyways back to the news, after Weeks of saying we were 2-3 weeks away from the apex Cuomo today said we may already have hit the apex. I don’t think you can come to any conclusions at all on this from any source right now. Everybody’s just guessing and yes the media is having it’s fields days.

Last edited:
don't know if this was posted here yet or if anyone cares to watch it, but will post and see if you care to watch?
IMO< makes a lot of good points and thoughts to consider

The Univ of Michigan piece is especially useful. The bold material in the vertical rectangle on the left also identifies news source bias (4th item down).

Do you suppose there could be a right leaning/conservative web site that was anti-Trump?

Anti-trump bulwark ….

https://thebulwark.com/america-is-hostage-to-trumps-narratives/
From Bulwark ....
"It’s difficult to define an exact cause for Breitbart’s precipitous drop in audience, although veteran conservative journalist Jim Swift points to the poor quality of the content. “It’s not that Breitbart employs really good thinkers or fantastic writers,” says Swift, who now works at The Bulwark, a conservative website with pronounced anti-Trump sentiments that was launched early this year by several former Weekly Standard staffers. “Why would you want to read a bunch of no-name writers when you can get pro-Trump news from much better writers?”

A lot of good posts on this thread deal directly with managing the virus e.g., social distancing and vaccines, and pharmacy products. To avoid distracting from those worthwhile efforts, I thought a new thread dealing with the management of the response might be a topic that will be relevant for months to come. Obviously, the two themes are related. If there is no interest, I - like others - will post on the existing thread.

Start one and see how it goes.
I like this thread less the politics.

but I may have to shut it down :emoji_wink:

Here's how you debunk a half-truth lodged against the President ... although, it says he was attempting to cut funding. Point of this post ... as the articles I posted (U of M) says, you have to work to find the truth ... and with most politicians and some reporters/commentators, it's usually a half truth.
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...o-host-wrongly-says-trump-shut-down-37-globa/

Out of church noiw ...
How conservative media has grown under trump

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/conservative-media-grown.php

Quopte from article ......

"The Fox Corporation-owned website also generates ten times the audience of any other conservative news website offering original content. Let that fact sink in for a moment. Imagine all conservative websites are the Great Plains. Now face west and you’ll see the Rocky Mountains rising from the plains and jutting so high into the sky that its peaks are fringed with snow even on a hot summer day. Those mountains are Foxnews.com in this landscape. No right-wing website comes close to rivaling the size of its audience."

i dont know what to think about this oakseeds guy now. He seems to be turning in to some kind of anti Trump troll. Just by those last few posts. Strange

i dont know what to think about this oakseeds guy now. He seems to be turning in to some kind of anti Trump troll. Just by those last few posts. Strange

I may not agree much with oaks “on politics” but He joined us July of 2014.

if that was to troll The Don “who I like”.
oaks is a master mind. :emoji_thinking:

time to remember we’re all in CV mode. But this is a habit forum.

The Univ of Michigan piece is especially useful. The bold material in the vertical rectangle on the left also identifies news source bias (4th item down).

Do you suppose there could be a right leaning/conservative web site that was anti-Trump?

Anti-trump bulwark ….

https://thebulwark.com/america-is-hostage-to-trumps-narratives/
From Bulwark ....
"It’s difficult to define an exact cause for Breitbart’s precipitous drop in audience, although veteran conservative journalist Jim Swift points to the poor quality of the content. “It’s not that Breitbart employs really good thinkers or fantastic writers,” says Swift, who now works at The Bulwark, a conservative website with pronounced anti-Trump sentiments that was launched early this year by several former Weekly Standard staffers. “Why would you want to read a bunch of no-name writers when you can get pro-Trump news from much better writers?”

A lot of good posts on this thread deal directly with managing the virus e.g., social distancing and vaccines, and pharmacy products. To avoid distracting from those worthwhile efforts, I thought a new thread dealing with the management of the response might be a topic that will be relevant for months to come. Obviously, the two themes are related. If there is no interest, I - like others - will post on the existing thread.

Most of this post is about as relevant to the corona virus as is the menstrual cycle of ring-tailed lemurs in Madagascar. There isn't a person alive that likes Trump that gives two shits what Charlie Sykes and Bill Kristol (the founders of Bulwark) have to say about anything. Sykes is an anti Trump loser and MSNBC contributor (enough said). Bill Kristol is a communist masquerading around the world as a conservative and an intellectual. He is neither. What he really enjoys is being a war-mongering scumbag that can just never quite get enough American money or soldiers bogged down in his endless holy war in the arm pit of the world (the middle east). If Bill wants to find WMD and fight the Muslims so much he should go do it himself. The guy has been dead wrong about every major foreign policy decision for the last 3 decades.

You would have gotten more respect from me if you would have posted tweets from Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd. At least they dont pretend to be something they arent.

Back to the CV.....

There were a lot of guys that got banned early on. Some stayed out, some walked around the building and came in a different door under a different name. July would have been 4 months in, right around the height of the purge.

Status
Not open for further replies.