Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any of the original strain of rona still around, or is it all gone now?

Last edited:
If I disappear from here you can know it got me too. My bp is up over 50 points since I got the booster. Had to double my meds to get it to come down. Dr told me I put on weight and had a very stressful year. I told him I was just as fat and stressed before I got the shot and bp was fine. Nothing to see here.

I went to the Dr back in early November, blood pressure was up about 20 pts, cholesterol was just barely in the high range, with a few other minor numbers being just a little high from a blood test. The Dr recommended a lifestyle change, but he didnt give any examples about what he had in mind.

I am 6'1 and was 223 pounds during that appointment in early November, I ate and drank whatever, and as much as I wanted. Since the dr didnt give me any real instructions, I just figured I would eat better, cut out soda. Today I am at 205 pounds, and I still eat as much I want, and still eat some foods I ate before, but no pop, and snacks now are fruits, vegetables, or nuts. Not sure if my blood pressure, cholesterol or any of the other numbers improved, but I figured the loss of weight was a positive. My goal as far as weight for now is 200. I may go down to 190 ish, but I havent been under 195 since I quit smoking over 20 years ago.

SD, your list I dont think I could ever do, at least not unless a dr warns me I have to, or die. I have never liked many vegetables, but I am trying to eat them more.

I went to the Dr back in early November, blood pressure was up about 20 pts, cholesterol was just barely in the high range, with a few other minor numbers being just a little high from a blood test. The Dr recommended a lifestyle change, but he didnt give any examples about what he had in mind.

I am 6'1 and was 223 pounds during that appointment in early November, I ate and drank whatever, and as much as I wanted. Since the dr didnt give me any real instructions, I just figured I would eat better, cut out soda. Today I am at 205 pounds, and I still eat as much I want, and still eat some foods I ate before, but no pop, and snacks now are fruits, vegetables, or nuts. Not sure if my blood pressure, cholesterol or any of the other numbers improved, but I figured the loss of weight was a positive. My goal as far as weight for now is 200. I may go down to 190 ish, but I havent been under 195 since I quit smoking over 20 years ago.

SD, your list I dont think I could ever do, at least not unless a dr warns me I have to, or die. I have never liked many vegetables, but I am trying to eat them more.
Veggies are the hardest part, because they are the most work, and least satisfying. I can't do broccoli or cauliflower anymore. I can't stand cutting up vegetables. If I can't prepare something in seconds and make it desirable, it isn't going to happen.

SD's list is interesting and definitely strict. I don't go nearly that far at all, but just moderated everything, totally removed fast food and soda, only eat a dessert maybe 2 or 3 nights per week now, stopped adding salt to everything (altho occasionally I'll put a few shakes in a recipe), almost always eat a healthy breakfast (usually poached eggs or plain oatmeal. Chip and dip is a huge weakness. Probably have that once every week or two. I'll try to implement a few more things from his list. Weight loss should be the big goal for most us men. It helps with almost everything. After every 20 pages of Rona thread I encourage everyone who needs to lose some weight to do it. It helps your heart and if you have sore body parts, they'll feel better.

Speaking of veggies, does anyone have thoughts on those fruit and veggie pills called Balance of Nature? I struggle to eat enough fruit and vegetable, just wondering if that's a safe and effective way to get them. I'll have a load of fruit coming online within a year and shouldn't have to worry about that ever again.

Veggies are the hardest part, because they are the most work, and least satisfying. I can't do broccoli or cauliflower anymore. I can't stand cutting up vegetables. If I can't prepare something in seconds and make it desirable, it isn't going to happen.
For me it's the exact opposite. I love veggies and don't care for fruit all that much.

SD's list is interesting and definitely strict. I don't go nearly that far at all, but just moderated everything, totally removed fast food and soda, only eat a dessert maybe 2 or 3 nights per week now, stopped adding salt to everything (altho occasionally I'll put a few shakes in a recipe), almost always eat a healthy breakfast (usually poached eggs or plain oatmeal. Chip and dip is a huge weakness. Probably have that once every week or two. I'll try to implement a few more things from his list. Weight loss should be the big goal for most us men. It helps with almost everything. After every 20 pages of Rona thread I encourage everyone who needs to lose some weight to do it. It helps your heart and if you have sore body parts, they'll feel better.

Speaking of veggies, does anyone have thoughts on those fruit and veggie pills called Balance of Nature? I struggle to eat enough fruit and vegetable, just wondering if that's a safe and effective way to get them. I'll have a load of fruit coming online within a year and shouldn't have to worry about that ever again.

I’ve heard nothing but good about the balance of nature stuff. I’m just too stubborn to spend the $90 a month until I hear if they are going to fire me or not. If I get an exemption approved I’m going to start taking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard nothing but good about the balance of nature stuff. I’m just too stubborn to spend the $90 a month until I hear if they are going to fire me or not. If I get an exemption approved I’m going to start taking them.

I don't know much about it, but it brings up SD's Hierarchy of Goodness. You get more points the further down the scale you go.

0. Poison yourself (there are no points for this)
1. Poison yourself less
2. Stop poisoning yourself
3. Eat more good foods
4. Eat more good foods fresh
5. Eat more good foods fresh and organic
6. Eat more good foods fresh and organic and pick them outta your food plot or cabin hugel mound and eat them right there
7. Exercise

I don't know much about it, but it brings up SD's Hierarchy of Goodness. You get more points the further down the scale you go.

0. Poison yourself (there are no points for this)
1. Poison yourself less
2. Stop poisoning yourself
3. Eat more good foods
4. Eat more good foods fresh
5. Eat more good foods fresh and organic
6. Eat more good foods fresh and organic and pick them outta your food plot or cabin hugel mound and eat them right there
7. Exercise
8 Go Hunting :) for pure natural meat.

8 Go Hunting :) for pure natural meat.

SD is mostly interested in horticulture.

SD is mostly interested in horticulture.

I'm really into growing stuff. Can't wait for basswood salad season.

Have you tried dandelion as a salad? I heard it taste good, and is very good for you.
I have not, but I'll put it on the list. There ain't much I won't try eating in the wild. There's a story about the time I ate raw pheasant back mushrooms. That is way too rated R for a habitat site. But I will say it was a lot like the amazon reviews on Haribo sugar free gummie bears.

I have not, but I'll put it on the list. There ain't much I won't try eating in the wild. There's a story about the time I ate raw pheasant back mushrooms. That is way too rated R for a habitat site. But I will say it was a lot like the amazon reviews on Haribo sugar free gummie bears.

I was going to remind you of that.

Be careful when foraging in the woods. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.