Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Hate wearing a mask, and I only do if I have to. But even then my nose is out. I cant breath well without a mask, wearing one I am gasping for air walking around. Between having a bad sinus problem, and asthma, makes this mask thing completely stupid.

My uncle is 78 and the CEO of our company. He gets dizzy when he wears one. It just isn't smart for many people to be forced to wear a mask.

I miss the good old days when we only had to wear one mask.

My uncle is 78 and the CEO of our company. He gets dizzy when he wears one. It just isn't smart for many people to be forced to wear a mask.
I have a doctor's note that says I shouldn't wear a mask for prolonged periods of time. I know exactly what your uncle goes through...it is the pits. I hate to compare our health system to that of the UK, but they have a system for those who can't wear a mask to be identified so they aren't harassed (You have to wear a green button or something). Not a fan of it...but found it interesting.

Imagine all the people these guys got killed. First it was Fauci telling us not to wear a mask. Then some of these state ministries of health fill the nursing homes with corona. Then Fauci sand bags on us for a year that two mask are better than one. Now we have a super spreader event at the southern border.
914E9490-6303-45E6-AE36-210B90A1B697.jpeg

Not Cuomo‘s fault. Don’t you know everything is Trumps fault. This p.o.s. is allowed to run this state into the ground. No one holds him accountable. The press calls Trump Hitler for 5 years and say nothing about this guy other than how great he is. He has killed thousands, he has put thousands of business out of business, schools are not open, it has been a year and he has learned nothing. Nothing is beneath his control, he is so small he ruled chicken wings are not a meal so bars couldn’t serve them. This state and country deserves what it gets for electing these scum bags.

Police and Covid

So a serious question, Belchertown Bowman... do you find an average of 2 police deaths per state especially alarming in the midst of a pandemic?

Because with the average state having about 5,000,000 citizens and approximately 10,000 police officers, that number actually strikes me as shockingly low for such a supposedly deadly pandemic -- one that data by the day points to having an infectious fatality rate of approximately half of a single percent, with the caveat I've CONSISTENTLY added those with comorbidities and who are old aged should take seriously as they are they only subsets facing somewhat more dire odds.

And as a data related follow-up to my post above, how about this published article from the AARP sharing that a whopping 95% of US covid deaths to date have occurred in those 50 and older, this despite the age groups of 18-29, 30-39, and 40-49 having some of the highest case counts. And on that note, humorously worth noting that the only adult age group containing more than 10 years just happened to be the 50-64 age group... with the AARP allowing people to join at 50, so guess it behooved them to scare those between 50-59 as much as possible versus splitting that age group out versus those only in their 60s...

Yet our politicians have done so much to cripple those under age 60, basically stealing a year of productive life from far too many of them.

NOTE: The percentages identified in the death column are NOT a mortality rate percentage, as that rate is FAR lower among all columns.

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-deaths-older-adults.html

Covid by age Oct 2020.jpg

Last edited:
Even our entire population has suffered the largest drop in life expectancy in the last 40 years.

No matter what metric you look at ,.. this is not just a hoax

Even our entire population has suffered the largest drop in life expectancy in the last 40 years.

#1) never said it was a hoax (went to pains to say it ISN'T so and especially for the elderly), and #2) you didn't directly answer my question.

So in the absence of answering my question, I'll ask another... do you doubt my data pointing to low mortality rates for those healthy and under the age of 50? HAPPY to back it up with scientific studies from across the globe.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ya I really am not into getting into a debate with you or others here.

I just enjoy providing some information like how Covid has become the number one killer of police and our life expectancy drop. Those things surprised me personally and thought might interest other folks here. That's all.

I leave the debates to all you other folks who like to do that sort of thing.

Sorry to decline your offer.

No debate, I've shared published data just as you did, and statistically spoke to why I don't find your share particularly alarming.

On that note, more data for you to consider since you seem to have a desire to be data focused. This the latest numbers from Italy... wish I could share it from the US, but pretty sure the power-that-be don't want anyone to see it lest the young folks start revolting against draconian measures.

Points worth noting -- the estimated infectious case mortality rate for those 50 to 59 is actually under a single percent with the two sexes combined and supports my point of why the AARP lumped the 50 somethings in with those into their mid-60s. Please also note Belchertown Bowman, these rates are NOT rates for mortality among the entire population... this is the percent of people dying who have tested positive for covid.

If you find great alarm for those under age 50 looking at this chart, we obviously have different viewpoints. As for the elderly who by nature carry more comorbidities as their health declines, I DO find the numbers for them alarming and have from the outset (all of my posts will show this).

Italy Mortality Rate.jpg

Big bend, do you believe that the number of deaths in the elderly is overly skewed by comorbidities not being accounted for?
As far as that article on police deaths. I would really like to know realistically how many died of covid and how many actually died with or because of covid, i.e. i have a suspicious streak in me that says a cop killed on the line of duty may be put down as a covid death because of circumstances like being solo because if covid etc.
I ask because if memory serves the dane county coo referenced in that article did not die OF covid but With it. That is suspect reporting at best in my mind.
I do know personally of 4 people just in my small town who died of other things and were counted as covid. Which is the source of at least some of my skepticism on the whole subject.

How about you just stay in your house and cry yourself to sleep. It is called personal responsibility. I know you liberals have a hard time grasping the concept but enough is enough. You got rid of the mean orange guy. You don't need to cry about his mean tweets anymore. You have silenced most of Joe's critics. How long do want this to continue? You must not have kids in school and I am guessing you have a government job. Grow a set or at least a spine.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Big bend, do you believe that the number of deaths in the elderly is overly skewed by comorbidities not being accounted for?
As far as that article on police deaths. I would really like to know realistically how many died of covid and how many actually died with or because of covid, i.e. i have a suspicious streak in me that says a cop killed on the line of duty may be put down as a covid death because of circumstances like being solo because if covid etc.
I ask because if memory serves the dane county coo referenced in that article did not die OF covid but With it. That is suspect reporting at best in my mind.
I do know personally of 4 people just in my small town who died of other things and were counted as covid. Which is the source of at least some of my skepticism on the whole subject.
Local older man from my area died and was listed as covid death. He had covid, survived it. Shortly after he took a spill, punctured a lung and hit his head. But we are supposed to believe it was the rona that killed him? give me a break!!!

On the first note, it's not that I believe it's necessarily skewed as much as covid needs the weakened immunities caused by the comorbidities to more easily proliferate.

So it's a combination of both leading to death, and in the absence of the comorbidities the mortality rates absolutely would be far lower / see the DRAMATICALLY lower mortality rates for the younger age groups who don't often have comorbidities. Said another way, my wife (the M.D. in the family) said that within medical circles the flu has long been called the "old man's friend" because it also often mercifully kills those who are at death's door with other comorbidities. While the comorbidities are the trigger for what puts someone in the hospital, they often might not be quite enough to cause death but add the flu on top of them already fighting disease... and... they die. Without question, MANY of the covid deaths and likely the majority fit in this camp and I say that based on the data from within nursing homes, hospitals, and percent dying that are aged.

Now as for the police, again I'll mainly just say that 2 per state over an entire year doesn't seem all that dramatic to me, though I'd also add that it sure strikes me as odd that at least 2 police per state didn't die from heart attacks across a year's time frame, nor get killed in the line of duty, etc.. and this during a time that they were painted as villains with some democratic politicians basically calling for open season on them AND reports of death striking me as common during that time... so it's less that the covid number (2 per state) seems alarming to me than it seems fishy that someone might be playing with the numbers related to ambush killing of police, deaths from heart attacks, cancer, etc.

Last edited:
And I'd add that it strikes me as odd that we don't CELEBRATE that the death rate is so incredibly low for such a wide age range (from 0 to age 50) when it's now clearly known for the range it falls under a single percent, whereas back in March of 2020 we all were warned to expect overall rates to range from 3% to 6%.

With that originally forecasted rate now down to about 1/10th of what was originally forecasted you'd think that the fear would be tempered by about 1/10th... in a sane, logical, world with a press reporting data (versus selling click-bait fear narrative).

I would agree withall those points big bend.
One of my contentions through all this is that if we were to report the flu or the common cold or any number of ailments the way they report covid we would be hunkered in our basements 100% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.