Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are very lucky, our school has been open all year full time. They are crazy strict witn quarantines and such and i stress the crazy part of that.
Unfortunately Milwaukee and madison and a few other near by districts have chosen to stay closed. I will not say virtual because after experiencing that at the end of last year i will say that , that is deffinately not school. Its a joke.
The telling thing is the districts that are open are predominantly conservative and the closed are liberal. They are ruining their kids futures to appease the crybaby teachers who do not want to go back to work. And that is what it is, they sit home do nothing and get paid full time wages. Why would you want to go back?
Not trying to be political just pointing out the facts.
The teachers should not be first in line or even 5th or 6th for that matter. Follow the science, its not passed in schools. In Wisconsin 1 teacher has doed since this bs started, and she got it from somewhere else ( school was full virtual) and from what i understand had other comorditities.
You are correct big Bend and chummer that is truly the biggest f'up in all this.

Besides having COVID the real consequences just hit home. My 15 year old honor roll daughter just got her grades in the mail. Failing ever subject except gym. Even has a zero in math. After her breakdown we got to what happened. She only goes to school one day a week and then there are some zooms and assignments. She is in AP math, history, and physics. Her grades were 90’s last quarter. She started to not understand the math and physics and it snow balled into everything else. She started having anxiety and stopped participating in all her classes. She did not know how to deal with not being able to fix it so she shut down. This was heartbreaking to hear her explain this. I am very close with her and she tells me everything. I could sense something has been wrong but what hasn’t been wrong for the last year. We are going to come up with a plan to get back on track, but my real problem is with the teachers. How do you give a kid a 0, or any of the other grades without telling the parents something is wrong. One teacher emailed a couple weeks ago that he was worried she stopped participating in class. Nothing about the 45 average. I assume this is a district wide problem because yesterday they said March 1st we are going to go up to 2 whole days of school. NY has allowed teachers to be vaccinated but we still won’t open the schools. What happened to follow the science? The damage this has done to our kids will far out way anything else and hasn’t even begun to be added up yet. I hope it was worth it to get rid of the mean orange man.
Mortenson's Wife Here: I'm very sorry to read about what your daughter is going through. We decided to homeschool this year. Our school gave parents the option to send their children to school, pending closures due to outbreaks, or to go full remote. We were concerned our children might not learn effectively distanced and masked, and we were concerned closures due to outbreaks would lead to inconsistency. The school did need to shut down and re-open. As for the virtual, we didn't feel days spent in front of the screen for three children would be feasible or effective, either. We found a good curriculum that requires zero time on a screen. While our oldest is only in the third grade, I have discovered so many wonderful curriculum options for every grade level, including the high school level. I think it would be incredibly difficult for an advanced/honors/AP student to be successful in the manner you described. There are many curriculums out there (with advanced/honors level options) that are better designed for home study. Some are independent, some have video instruction, audio, etc. There are two-parent working families who homeschool, though it might mean non-traditional hours and independence on the student's part. You will have the teaching materials at your disposal to help, and you will be in control of your child's education and progress. Knowing that children will likely need to be masked next year with vaccinations for children possibly starting late summer, I am researching what we'd like to use next year for homeschooling. Our state in particular has spent time proposing some controversial learning standards (sex/gender identity ed, political activism beginning in early grades), so I am not overly eager to return them to public school. There are so many fantastic options out there that it's hard to choose! (Check out Classical Academic Press and Memoria Press--they might appeal to you given her course load). In some of my online groups, there are still parents pulling students out of public school at this point of the year, so please don't feel like it is too late to make a change. There is a big community of support.

Last edited:
What if I painted the tractor with no mask? I am screwed.
If you were using modern automotive paint you wouldn’t get half the hood painted before passing out from the outgassing solvents. Bad stuff. And the covid masked wouldn’t do a thing to help.

If you were using modern automotive paint you wouldn’t get half the hood painted before passing out from the outgassing solvents. Bad stuff. And the covid masked wouldn’t do a thing to help.
I was about 10 and my grandfather and I took his John deere all apart and repainted it. Took us all summer. Looks like I am in the clear.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mortenson's Wife Here: I'm very sorry to read about what your daughter is going through. We decided to homeschool this year. Our school gave parents the option to send their children to school, pending closures due to outbreaks, or to go full remote. We were concerned our children might not learn effectively distanced and masked, and we were concerned closures due to outbreaks would lead to inconsistency. The school did need to shut down and re-open. As for the virtual, we didn't feel days spent in front of the screen for three children would be feasible or effective, either. We found a good curriculum that requires zero time on a screen. While our oldest is only in the third grade, I have discovered so many wonderful curriculum options for every grade level, including the high school level. I think it would be incredibly difficult for an advanced/honors/AP student to be successful in the manner you described. There are many curriculums out there (with advanced/honors level options) that are better designed for home study. Some are independent, some have video instruction, audio, etc. There are two-parent working families who homeschool, though it might mean non-traditional hours and independence on the student's part. You will have the teaching materials at your disposal to help, and you will be in control of your child's education and progress. Knowing that children will likely need to be masked next year with vaccinations for children possibly starting late summer, I am researching what we'd like to use next year for homeschooling. Our state in particular has spent time proposing some controversial learning standards (sex/gender identity ed, political activism beginning in early grades), so I am not overly eager to return them to public school. There are so many fantastic options out there that it's hard to choose! (Check out Classical Academic Press and Memoria Press--they might appeal to you given her course load). In some of my online groups, there are still parents pulling students out of public school at this point of the year, so please don't feel like it is too late to make a change. There is a big community of support.
Thank you for the detailed response, Mortenson’s wife. We have a lot of decisions to make. First order of business is talking to school on Monday. We need to rapidly get the train back on the tracks. We found out last night from a teacher that 70% of the kids in the entire junior high are failing. I just can’t believe the school let it get this far with out addressing it. Every school in our region has a different plan. Our school of coarse went with the one day a week plan. Some school have been 5 days all year with isolacted remote learning if they had a case. The fact that they think these kids can learn these advance classes at home is mind blowing. Even the fact we are going to two days a week in March makes no sense. By then any teacher that wanted the vaccine could have gotten it. That is what they have said all year they were waiting for. My guess is these teachers paid no attention all quarter to the students grades and when they tallied them up last week they realized what they have allowed to happen. I can’t imagine home schooling , my kids have been trapped in this house for almost a year. They need to get out and I would be a horrible teacher. I am glad it is working out for you. I have a hard time even helping a little bit with my daughters work. I failed physics 25 years ago and I ain’t no better now and don’t get me started on my English grades.

Thank you for the detailed response, Mortenson’s wife. We have a lot of decisions to make. First order of business is talking to school on Monday. We need to rapidly get the train back on the tracks. We found out last night from a teacher that 70% of the kids in the entire junior high are failing. I just can’t believe the school let it get this far with out addressing it. Every school in our region has a different plan. Our school of coarse went with the one day a week plan. Some school have been 5 days all year with isolacted remote learning if they had a case. The fact that they think these kids can learn these advance classes at home is mind blowing. Even the fact we are going to two days a week in March makes no sense. By then any teacher that wanted the vaccine could have gotten it. That is what they have said all year they were waiting for. My guess is these teachers paid no attention all quarter to the students grades and when they tallied them up last week they realized what they have allowed to happen. I can’t imagine home schooling , my kids have been trapped in this house for almost a year. They need to get out and I would be a horrible teacher. I am glad it is working out for you. I have a hard time even helping a little bit with my daughters work. I failed physics 25 years ago and I ain’t no better now and don’t get me started on my English grades.
I'm sure this is an isolated incident, and not at pandemic (see what I did there?) levels around the country. There is no level of human collateral damage that will deter the rona tyrants. Like anything, if the drive by media doesn't cover it, it isn't happening. But the local news may cover it.

3.jpg

How dare you. Scientist are above reproach and we must do as they say...unless you are part of a powerful union, or trying to get rid of a big mean orange guy.

The students aren't failing, the teachers are. How can they go to school one day a week safely, but not 2, 3, or 4? Teacher's unions are making a huge stink around here. Worthless....

For as valuable and health conscious as this guy is, his refusal to submit to the mask police was loud. All that work went into programming the #StayHome #GiveUp #MaskUp #GetTested #GetVaccinated message of the last game of the NFL season was blown to bits by a man too big to silence in the moment. Now the question becomes, what do we do with him? This cannot stand. Should he be fined or suspended for 6 games next season? Should the House impeach him? Ban him from Twitter?

1612792335752.png

Same. I didn't watch a snap all year. Didn't plan on watching last night, but did only because of Brady. Probably will be the last game I ever watch. The wokeness was unbelievable, but Brady came through with a win for America. (Not the ReUnited States of America as Jeep said, screw Jeep) I'm positive BLM, SI, ESPN, and mask nazis were all rooting against Brady. That was the best I felt since Nov.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were hugs, handshakes, and uncovered smiles. There are articles all over the web about Tom Brady's dad saying he wished Tom would wear a mask more often. Then last night when the final snap was knelt, the cameras pan to a packed box suite where Tom Brady's parents were watching the game. Dad >>> no mask.

Blatant insurrection.

I think i saw maybe 1 or 2 people in that shot with masks on. Oh the horror!!!

The Governor would have allowed a full stadium also. NFL wanted to be politically correct I guess.

For as valuable and health conscious as this guy is, his refusal to submit to the mask police was loud. All that work went into programming the #StayHome #GiveUp #MaskUp #GetTested #GetVaccinated message of the last game of the NFL season was blown to bits by a man too big to silence in the moment. Now the question becomes, what do we do with him? This cannot stand. Should he be fined or suspended for 6 games next season? Should the House impeach him? Ban him from Twitter?

View attachment 33492

His punishment should be forced retirement so the Bills have a chance next year.

i don't think that the nfl is trying to be politically correct, more likely just a weak organization afraid to go against the thugs.
It's a joke really, all those high price morons out there on the field spouting off about their lives full of racism and repression while they make about $1000 dollars a minute playing a game. That goes for all of them no matter what side. Shut your mouth and play.

You grossly underestimated how much they make per minute. Mahomes gets 52k per minute. That is just for a regular season game. They get bonus pay for playoff games.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I stand corrected!

Status
Not open for further replies.