All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good with immigrants, but they need to be vetted and legal. Everyone living here needs to know the laws, pay taxes/social security, screened in relation to communicable diseases, and be literate enough to make informed voting decisions.

Agreed.

I'm probably the only immigrant on the forum, and probably the only former illegal immigrant here as well. I still believe countries must protect their borders. Otherwise it's chaos. I have experienced that too. I was in Belgrade a few years ago, and it was full of Syrians sleeping on yoga mats, waiting to get into the EU. After the immigrants got in, massive explosion of gang rape against European girls by Muslim men.

Countries must protect their borders. Without exception.
Telemarketers, I don't know you but I figure you've had one interesting life! I picture you as the guy in the commercials. Your avatar signature needs to say "stay thirsty my friends".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dang, remove all the fun. You know the difference between and a door and a sheep right?

Lol, that's gross.

So wait,.. is protected sex with the farm animals ok? LOL

Hey what is the deal with Trump saying he is going after Social Security and Medicare on Fox news last night? Really?

Teach those free loaders a thing or two !

So wait,.. is protected sex with the farm animals ok? LOL

Hey what is the deal with Trump saying he is going after Social Security and Medicare on Fox news last night? Really?

Teach those free loaders a thing or two !

Honestly I would be a bit ticked if I have been paying into those my whole life and all of a sudden when its my time to retire they are gone.

People my age have been being warned for years that we won't get full social security. People live a heck of a lot longer nowadays. Something needs to change.

Honestly I would be a bit ticked if I have been paying into those my whole life and all of a sudden when its my time to retire they are gone.
It is already gone and has been for awhile and the government is still taking money from working people when they have already told us that we will not get any of our own money back.

Did you guys know that only the first 137,700 of income is required to be taxed to fund SS?

So if I make 50 million I only pay into the fund up to the 137,700,.. all the millions after that are not taxed.

You could solve the Social Security crises by having the wealthy pay the same amount of tax on "all" their income,.. same as happens to me.

The way it works now is bull taco.

So to solve this they are going to cut bennies? Um how about raising the taxed amount to a million,.. or all your income?????

Here are the rules direct from our gov

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/maxtax.html

The rich make the rules and you and I live by them.

That's the cutoff for social security. There are taxes paid beyond that number. If you make a dollar you owe the IRS 33cents. That's the model no matter how much money is earned. There are countless ways to "cheat" the taxes but one way or another the government is getting what they consider to be their fair share of every working persons money.

Land of the free you know. Don't pay taxes and they will lock you up---free huh?

SS was one of the worst ideas ever conceived and the beginning to the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeps my Mom alive,..

So I beg to differ

They have it figured out so that no one could possibly live long enough to collect all of their s.s. money back. I believe you should be able to will the remainder of YOUR s.s. money to any living heirs but that would be way too honest for the government. They also keep about half of every lottery so where are they pissing all of our money away? Bring in some more people that don't contribute and give away our tax dollars---then we have to raise the taxes(only applies to working people). I'm sick of working my whole life to get kicked by the government for it. Just my opinion.

They should fix social security now for the younger generations. First off, the supposed Social Security Trust fund actually earns very little interest. The trust fund was borrowed against, so there is no big pool of money sitting there...

Age 25 or younger now, set up a fund that allows each worker/wage earner to set aside his or her money in a portfolio of investments--similar to a 401k. They would have more $$ long term, and the government then loses the obligation to pay all that money in the future, and also cannot rob the trust fund. A certain % could be used for disability and life insurance for families where the mom or dad dies when the kids are still 18 or under.

Most people I know that have retired wait till 65 just to get on medicare. At that age who knows how much health insurance would cost you. So if medicare and ss go away it would be a few thousand dollars per month during retirement gone poof. No I am not relying on it being there 100 percent but with it gone we all better not plan on retiring.

They should fix social security now for the younger generations. First off, the supposed Social Security Trust fund actually earns very little interest. The trust fund was borrowed against, so there is no big pool of money sitting there...

Age 25 or younger now, set up a fund that allows each worker/wage earner to set aside his or her money in a portfolio of investments--similar to a 401k. They would have more $$ long term, and the government then loses the obligation to pay all that money in the future, and also cannot rob the trust fund. A certain % could be used for disability and life insurance for families where the mom or dad dies when the kids are still 18 or under.

I think that is a terrible idea. So I pay for all the people who are retired now. Then I get to retirement and no one is longer contributing, as all the younger people now get to keep their money.

There would be plenty of money if they didn't mismanage so poorly. I think I would rather not have the government piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Did you guys know that only the first 137,700 of income is required to be taxed to fund SS?

So if I make 50 million I only pay into the fund up to the 137,700,.. all the millions after that are not taxed.

You could solve the Social Security crises by having the wealthy pay the same amount of tax on "all" their income,.. same as happens to me.

The way it works now is bull taco.

So to solve this they are going to cut bennies? Um how about raising the taxed amount to a million,.. or all your income?????

Here are the rules direct from our gov

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/maxtax.html

The rich make the rules and you and I live by them.
Your thinking is wrong on this. You get out according to what you pay in. The guy that makes 137,00 or max every year gets out the max when he starts collecting. The guy that makes 50 mil puts in the same amount as the guy that makes 137,000 and gets the same out as the guy that made 137,000. According to your thinking the guy that makes 50 mil should be taxed on all his income. When he starts collecting he’s not going to get 3,000 a month. He’s going to get 1 million a month. Your not saving anything this way. SS is supposed to be a supplement for retirement for lower income earners Not a complete retirement plan as a whole lot of people have come to expect and use it that way.

Plus, after you go on social security they limit how much you can make on the side as far as income and if you make "too much in their eyes" they don't pay the ss. The government is preying on the working people.

Status
Not open for further replies.