Corn & Soybeans

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
Major market move up today! Corn up .25 Soybeans up .70. Good time to be farming or own farm land!

The problem is with higher prices and the amount of govt money thrown at ag the last couple years. It makes it pretty tough for non farmers to be able to afford any quality pieces if land. I always thought land would come down in the dip, it never really did.

Yeah I hear you. This won’t help if you live in farm country.

The exodus of people from large metropolitan cities to find space in the country is one of the primary drivers for rural land price increases. People are fed up with big city crime, politics, schools, and the covid crap.

I always thought land would come down in the dip, it never really did.
Just the opposite down here. Rural land within 1.5 to 2 hrs of ATL saw a solid uptick in prices during the pandemic and social unrest of last summer and remain that way. Folks with cash looking for an escape from urban n metro areas. Rural land agents around here that have been in the land biz for many, many years tell me they've never seen higher demand. Good friend bought a place last summer and paid more than asking price after losing a couple tracts of land to higher bidders. Bet it's that way across most of the country and perhaps even more so in good crop land areas.

Land prices are jumping along with it. Plus the inflation factor !

Land prices increasing IS inflation.

I think the biggest thing contributing to the urban flight is the fact that more people are or are going to be working from home. No reason to pay more for less in a city if you don't have to live close to where you work.