Climbing tree stands??

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
I am ready to pull the trigger on one. Who uses them, and what do you like or not like about them??

I thought about this one: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...arksman-climber-tree-stand-aluminum?a=1332952

Nice and light at only 16 lbs. in case I want to go into the bush. Price seems fair.

Or maybe I just go all out and buy a Lone Wolf?? I need a railing cause I usually fall asleep from a lack of deer.

I have the Summit viper with the rail, word to the wise watch when shooting if your sitting down your bottom cam will contact that rail, I shoot standing now. Very comfortable sitting in wt. is just over 20# so its not as light as that one but not bad.

Summit or summit.

I love my Summit viper and I've tried many. Its comfortable to pack also. I used to pack mine in over a mile on some public land hunts before I bought my own place. I like tethering my clothes and pack to the stand when walking that far. Very comfortable, and solid. With the rail and padded web seat, I feel totally comfortable even on all day sits. For a bigger guys go with the Goliath version. The viper can be tight at elbows. I still use it when I want to try a new location.

I have two old ones that I am not even sure the brand. They are great for mobility. I am not a big fan of them when it comes to safety or being quiet. I used mine early on when I couldn't afford multiple ladder or fixed position stands. Even the light ones get heavy in the cold with deep snow and long distances. They can be quite comfy. I don't like the way they tend to make a fair amount of noise going up or down the tree. You also need to ensure you account for the tree getting smaller the higher you go. they also tend to need straight and limbless trees in the right place.

Summit Viper SD. (Sound Deadening) comfortable big time. High quality,

Summit Viper, very comfortable and holds a big guy.

Summit viper hands down don't look back

I love my Ol Man & can sit in it all day. Unfortunately I shouldn't be using it any more since I had my knee replaced.

Summit Viper SS (no rail). The only problem with it is falling asleep in the tree. Most comfortable stand I've got and my go-to for all day sits.

I have a summit Goliath that I would like to sell pretty cheap because I don't need it anymore. Just in case you would be interested. Not sure how I would get it to you.

I have a Summit bow hunter it has an open front. It's harder to climb with the open front.

I don't think they're harder to climb with, you just need more upper body/core strength. I rest my forearms on the top and use my stomach and legs to pull the bottom up. Doing that, I can get up a tree pretty quickly.

Summit viper. I have not tried any others but this one is so good I will never try another. That said I am starting to hang more stands. I love the climber for all day sits. What I don't like it for is if you are trying to sneak out for the last couple hours of light. I want to be able to sneak in and hunt near my plots and get in and out fast. I have been busted by many deer trying to pack up my climber in the dark after the hunt. It is worth every penny for all day rut sits, I almost think I could spend the night in one.

I leave mine on the tree at night if sitting the same spot 2 days in a row, and I bring it out on the ATV the night before I'm going to hunt there.

Ironically, I bought it for use on public lands and have never done so. The last week before rifle season, you'll find me in that Summit.

Lots of votes for the Summit. Does it strap down tight while you walk through the woods and fairly quite while you go up the tree??? I hate how noisy some of these things can be.

Anyone using a lone wolf?? I dont like the looks of the way the summit attaches to the tree. Some of the other stands seem to be able to fine tune them much more. I would want it exclusively to walk in to a brand new spot under the correct wind. So I would be packing it in with me. Mostly for hunting public ground. That summit sure does look comfortable. Wouldnt mind taking a nap while sitting in the deer dessert.

I have a summit Goliath that I would like to sell pretty cheap because I don't need it anymore. Just in case you would be interested. Not sure how I would get it to you.

Does goliath mean its bigger (wider) and heavier?? I am about 6 foot 200 lb so I dont think I need the biggest thing out there.

I had a lone wolf sit and climb, sold it because at 66, to tiring to use. Stand is quiet had adjustments, both seat angle and foot angle.

Does goliath mean its bigger (wider) and heavier?? I am about 6 foot 200 lb so I dont think I need the biggest thing out there.

Yes. It is about 2" wider and I think 2 lbs heavier.

Lots of votes for the Summit. Does it strap down tight while you walk through the woods and fairly quite while you go up the tree??? I hate how noisy some of these things can be.

It straps down tight, I add an extra ball bungee to keep it extra tight. I also strap about 20 pounds of gear on to back of it. The one thing I replaced were the back straps. Mine came with cheap thin straps. I got thick padded ones. Not sure if they still come with cheap ones. The new straps made a world of difference in comfort.