Climbing tree stands??

Stay away from the old Baker style tree stands.

It straps down tight, I add an extra ball bungee to keep it extra tight. I also strap about 20 pounds of gear on to back of it. The one thing I replaced were the back straps. Mine came with cheap thin straps. I got thick padded ones. Not sure if they still come with cheap ones. The new straps made a world of difference in comfort.

I also replaced the strap that holds down the seat with a ratchet strap, seems to be more secure than the one that came with it.

The summits are not the quietest thing setting up or climbing. They do make noise. Remember that frame is hollow do anything hits it and it will make a good ping sound. Got to move slow and steady.

The summits are not the quietest thing setting up or climbing. They do make noise. Remember that frame is hollow do anything hits it and it will make a good ping sound. Got to move slow and steady.

How much were you looking to get for it?

Last time I used one I climbed the tree, needed a shower cause I was soaked in sweat. Climbed down and went home for said shower.

I own a Summit Viper and a Lone Wolf sit and climb. The Viper is a comfortable stand for all day sits however I have some issues with it and will not use one.
They are noisy. Steel cables going up and down the tree coated with a plastic material that will crack/split in one season. The stand seems to creek if not set on a perfect tree. Climbing, the viper has these plastic stirrups you insert your feet. Not really thrilled about them.Standing up, the upper platform can fall hitting the bottom platform. The stand can slip on a wet or frozen tree. I had one slip on me last season and it dropped about six feet. Almost cut my finger off and thank god I had my safety harness attached. If you stand too close to the tree on the viper, you better have your harness on. Carrying through the woods they are big and hang up on low lying branches. Like a bucket seat strapped to your back.
The lone wolf is the only climber I will use. The belts are rubber with v grooves. They grip the tree and are super quiet. They have a much finer adjustment then the viper.The top and bottom lock down together with straps. It folds flat and packs very nicely. If you go with the lw, go for the wide model. Gives you plenty of room. Yes it costs more, but it is a much safer stand imo. The Viper wins on comfort but I don't trust it.

How much were you looking to get for it?

I'd let it go for $75. It was over $300 new. I have side bags for it too. And a bow holder mounted on it. And I have the Gray wolf woolen straps which were $30 I believe. I'd have to pull it out tonight. I've had the stand probably 5 years and its been a great stand but I use all permanent stands on my land now. It has the normal paint chipping as all Summits do. If you buy one new now you will have paint chipping on the first time out. But It doesn't hurt anything.

If you are interested I'll take pictures tonight. She doesn't look brand new but its ready to be used a lot more by the next owner.

Lots of votes for the Summit. Does it strap down tight while you walk through the woods and fairly quite while you go up the tree??? I hate how noisy some of these things can be.

Anyone using a lone wolf?? I dont like the looks of the way the summit attaches to the tree. Some of the other stands seem to be able to fine tune them much more. I would want it exclusively to walk in to a brand new spot under the correct wind. So I would be packing it in with me. Mostly for hunting public ground. That summit sure does look comfortable. Wouldnt mind taking a nap while sitting in the deer dessert.

Have a Summit and Lone Wolf. Hate the LW climber! It doesn't stay put when I stand up and nothing worse than trying to catch the top half of a climber every time you want to move!!