All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone ID this plant?

JackTerp

5 year old buck +
I found quite a bit of this along an old RR ROW through my property. It is very pretty but shows no signs of any browsing at all. I tried to figure out an ID but there seems to be a whole lot of plants that fit the general description. It is only about 2 feet tall at most. My wife wants me to transplant some to the front of the house. Notice the red berries in the back.

IMG_0840_2.jpeg

Jack - although it is tough to tell from the pic - red berries are a warning sign from my perspective - make sure it isn't jap bush honeysuckle. That stuff is real invasive. One way to tell is to take a large stem and see if it is hollow. It may not be, and I hope it isn't. Other than that I'm not much help - sorry.

Looks like nandina.

I believe it is Nandina. It is also considered an invasive so I'm going to get rid of it while there are only about a dozen plants.