Buffalo County Wisconsin Hunting Lease!

You know this piece has to be one of the worst places this outfitter leases. He's not going to sublease his best or even average property. He's trying to get some sucker to bite, Soley of the name recognition of the county. All the while he gets to pocket a a grand of so, from what he gives to the actual property owner.
I would be very careful renting this place. If he lets you walk it and it is quality habitat....fine. $4000 is a pretty good dime, the one year caviet would turn me off.

I ws thinking the same thing.

Since I have again diverted a thread... when I say one has to decide what is really important, I think of what is said after your last few hours on this earth.

Do you want to be remembered as- He was a great Dad, great husband, great friend, or great neighbor?

Or do you want to be remembered as the guy who shot a 180 inch buck, instead of a 160 inch. Or even a 130 inch. This was part of the reason for my post. It took me 50 plus years to understand that antler score and large antlers are not that important.

Hunt BC for the experience, and not for a huge buck. Then you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the buck if you see him or are lucky to harvest him.

I don't know of any hunt clubs. But
Know some of the Farmers that area lease to outfitters, I assuming this is in Bluff country not the flat land around highway 10. My neighbors mainly farmers. A few folks with cabins on bluffs that don't hunt.
There vacation place. Have about 6 bow hunters with in mile. Tradition is gun hunt that area, Then you get pressure drives etc.

Sorry, but none of the above that I will be remembered for!;)
I am willing to bet your are wrong on that one, John.

He mentioned something about Gonty Rd? Or East Thompson Rd? ring any bells?
Yes . That is not up on the Bluffs more flat land less big timber. Is North of me. I am sure there are deer there but not a area I would care to own.
I like the big ridges and timber makes for beautiful country and great deer hunting.

I did a quick browse of his 2014 trail cams and there isn't a buck that hits 140, possibly even 135. Typical over pressured bucks that get shot as 100" 2.5 year olds. Far from world class, IMO.

I don't know of any hunt clubs. But
Know some of the Farmers that area lease to outfitters, I assuming this is in Bluff country not the flat land around highway 10. My neighbors mainly farmers. A few folks with cabins on bluffs that don't hunt.
There vacation place. Have about 6 bow hunters with in mile. Tradition is gun hunt that area, Then you get pressure drives etc.

Fall guy ... thanks for posting ... the girls appear to be talking to themselves right now ...

Looks like a great area ...

Maybe it is starting to catch up with him? People have found out the big monsters this guy talks about....just ain't there anymore!
What was it advertised, 3 days for $1200. That's nuts. This county is so overblown it's comical. Every single buck finds its way into the book. All driven by ego. I've seen some of the bucks you guys have on your properties, and they make this place look like a petting zoo. The grass isn't always greenier on the other side of the fence. If it is don't be surprised if it's Astro turf.
Thanks for posting mo

I did a quick browse of his 2014 trail cams and there isn't a buck that hits 140, possibly even 135. Typical over pressured bucks that get shot as 100" 2.5 year olds. Far from world class, IMO.
So what is the attraction? Was it good at one time? and they are still pushing the past as the future? Must be I guess!
droideer.jpg

So what is the attraction? Was it good at one time? and they are still pushing the past as the future? Must be I guess!
It's the status of hunting buffalo county, right? It leads in record book bucks. There no disputing it does, but these record books don't reflect what's actually taking place. My prime example is the place I hunt in Iowa. 3 years ago they shot a 189, 210, and a 230 and not one was listed in any record book. Every deer hits the book In buffalo county.
It really doesn't take much to make p&y. What does buffalo get for booners a year, a half dozen, probably a few more? It's good, but there is a lot of bucks dieing by their 2nd b day. When your paying $4k for a lease your not coming home empty. There is obviously exceptions and guys passing 130s, but the numbers aren't fair to many great spots around the country.
IMo-the key is low pressure. That's where I've seen my booners.